British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

GP 2021 rounds 5 and 6 Lublin Fri/Sat 6th/7th August live on BT Sport

On 8/8/2021 at 10:22 PM, Derwent said:

Yeah I think Tatum was wrong. Although of course transponders don’t necessarily tell you who has finished ahead. It is theoretically possible for a rider to actually be beaten technically (ie his wheel doesn’t touch the line first) but have a quicker time than the other guy in a tight finish and be awarded the placing. It’s possible for someone to be finishing faster than someone else and although his wheel isn’t first to the line his transponder could cross the line first if he’s accelerating quicker.

I don't know if the rule would be the same for Speedway but our finishes are decided by the transponder crossing the line. It's fitted to the front forks so while theoretically that could change the finishing order compared to the front wheel it would be a real rarity and still be far more accurate than watching the replay from a funny angle.

• Like 1

I thought the ref was pretty much spot on all evening.

I'd like referees to exclude riders more often when they take other riders out but they manage to stay on the bike, it should be the action that is punished not the result.

40 minutes ago, Vince said:

I thought the ref was pretty much spot on all evening.

I'd like referees to exclude riders more often when they take other riders out but they manage to stay on the bike, it should be the action that is punished not the result.

I'm glad you said something! I've been wanting to say that, but I didn't want to have to deal with the responses...

Why should a rider have to go down in order to get something done? People whine about those who drop the bike too easily, but if you've been given a hefty whack and fought to stay on, why should you be the one penalised?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Navigator1900 said:

Interesting comment on Sayfutdinov‘s Facebook site „get well quick Martin Vaculik“. From Mr. Lindgren so far no comment at all …..?

What you don’t know is that Freddie gave Martin a mobile call on Monday to wish him well. Not everything goes on social media.

Vaculik was going well last a Saturday, looked like he was going to get much needed points.  What should he do now?  He could ride this weekend to try to get some points back, but risk it either not working out or even his situation made worse.  Or he could save himself for the week after, GPChallenge, and try to get on top 3 to secure his place in next years GP.   Whatever, I think he is deserving of being there in 2022.

37 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Vaculik was going well last a Saturday, looked like he was going to get much needed points.  What should he do now?  He could ride this weekend to try to get some points back, but risk it either not working out or even his situation made worse.  Or he could save himself for the week after, GPChallenge, and try to get on top 3 to secure his place in next years GP.   Whatever, I think he is deserving of being there in 2022.

He could probably go round in a wheelchair and pick a few points up from KK & Berntzon

• Haha 3

So right Ian. One qualified as Euro champ, and Lambert is do I very well. 3 qualify from GPChallenge and Thomson not too bad, KK shows signs of a fight but can’t turn into points, and Berntzon is not ready for GPs.

I thinks nexts next entrant from Euros, Mikelson will do ok. Just waiting to see the three from the Challenge. Quality riders in the field, will they shine through or fluff it.

5 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

So right Ian. One qualified as Euro champ, and Lambert is do I very well. 3 qualify from GPChallenge and Thomson not too bad, KK shows signs of a fight but can’t turn into points, and Berntzon is not ready for GPs.

I thinks nexts next entrant from Euros, Mikelson will do ok. Just waiting to see the three from the Challenge. Quality riders in the field, will they shine through or fluff it.

Berntzon shouldn't really be there though..  didn't he only get through by the virtue of Tarasenko falling off in his last race? I know that's the point you've got to stay on your bike and it was his own fault, but I think Tarasenko would have acquitted himself better in the GP's especially on the Polish tracks. 

KK is just KK

Edited by iainb

24 minutes ago, iainb said:

Berntzon shouldn't really be there though..  didn't he only get through by the virtue of Tarasenko falling off in his last race? I know that's the point you've got to stay on your bike and it was his own fault, but I think Tarasenko would have acquitted himself better in the GP's especially on the Polish tracks. 

KK is just KK

Tarasenko wasn’t in the meeting- rider you are thinking of was Loktayev.

19 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

That's the fella... just testing you. 

Loktaev 

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Ah, so that’s why Lockatev is first reserve for the series and probably come in this week for Vaculik.

Interesting how this Saturdays No 16 goes on, Aspergen. He has a tough act to follow after last Fri/Sat but what an experience it is for these guys. A handful of points would be good.

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Ah, so that’s why Lockatev is first reserve for the series and probably come in this week for Vaculik.

Interesting how this Saturdays No 16 goes on, Aspergen. He has a tough act to follow after last Fri/Sat but what an experience it is for these guys. A handful of points would be good.

Pontus is currently averaging over 9 in the Elitserien (compared with 6.6 for Berntzon), higher than Freddie Lindgren, Lambert, Janowski, Fricke

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

Pontus is currently averaging over 9 in the Elitserien (compared with 6.6 for Berntzon), higher than Freddie Lindgren, Lambert, Janowski, Fricke

Impressive. Look forward to Friday

7 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Just waiting to see the three from the Challenge. Quality riders in the field, will they shine through or fluff it.

It's probably worth remembering that last year's GP challenge was weaker than normal, with National Federations nominating 1 rider due to covid preventing the qualifying rounds from happening.

You'd normally expect multiple riders from the stronger nations in it, but they all just got 1 last year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, iainb said:

That's the fella... just testing you. 

Loktaev 

Unfortunately Sasha isn't having a great season this year.

He was 8th in Liga 1 averages last year but way down in 27th so far this year.