British Speedway Forum
PowerfulPierre

Leicester vs Poole 24 July 2021

With the averages now placing Dan Thompson firmly into the main part of the team, what amount of shuffling around is the gaffer going to do in the team order?  Not sure that "flyin' Ryan" has looked comfortable at number 4; should there be a swap around with heat leaders too?  Whatever happens, this should be a cracking meeting if the weather is kind to us!

Coming up to Beaumont Park on Saturday to watch the Pirates take on the Lions

Has been a happy hunting  ground in the past for Poole but it will be a very different encounter this time and I expect a tough match.  The Lions are in tip top form and are strong all the way through from 1-7. 

Let's hope the thunder storms stay away. 

I wonder if PowerfulPierre could adjust the meeting date please.

1 hour ago, Dickie Head said:

I wonder if PowerfulPierre could adjust the meeting date please.

I’ve given him a nudge

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, PowerfulPierre said:

Sorry about the year folks. Should of course read 2021. Have asked the moderator to amend it.  The heat's getting at me!!!!!

It is your topic so you should be able to amend it.

14 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

You seem pleased Skidder must have got a decent option in! ;)

I was told last Friday who Poole are going for but its all down to paperwork, permissions and timing of declarations.  Not sure if there will be any announcement tonight as I believe the club have until midnight to submit - and have approved - their revised 1-7 for Friday's (July 23rd) August averages!!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, PowerfulPierre said:

With the averages now placing Dan Thompson firmly into the main part of the team, what amount of shuffling around is the gaffer going to do in the team order?  Not sure that "flyin' Ryan" has looked comfortable at number 4; should there be a swap around with heat leaders too?  Whatever happens, this should be a cracking meeting if the weather is kind to us!

So where would you slot in Douglas? He’s not exactly struggling. His form will only move in one direction. The partnership with Howard’s is still strong. When Dan moves up he will simply swap with Kennedy and pair up with Hans at No.2.

If it ain’t broke……….

Personally I would put Dan at 4 and put Douglas as 2 as that gives us a strong rider in heat 8 and also a good pairing of Andersen & Douglas 

It would also benefit Dan to ride with Kyle who may be able to assist him more while Hans gets fully dialled into the updated Leicester track 

2 hours ago, flagrag said:

Personally I would put Dan at 4 and put Douglas as 2 as that gives us a strong rider in heat 8 and also a good pairing of Andersen & Douglas 

It would also benefit Dan to ride with Kyle who may be able to assist him more while Hans gets fully dialled into the updated Leicester track 

If Dan rides at No.4 that pairs him up with a reserve at the business end of the match (heat 14). Can’t see Dickson exposing him to that.

Coming up for this one and it should be a decent meeting. Weather is currently looking a bit iffy though. Fingers crossed it stays dry.