British Speedway Forum
PowerfulPierre

Leicester vs Poole 24 July 2021

30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

James Wright comes in at reserve in place of Ben Cook. Alfie Bowtell comes in at 2. Hearing that Ben will need a skin graft and could be out for a period. Hopefully not too long. He has been excellent.

What should have been one of the biggest clashes of the season is unfortunately reduced to a one sided affair, due to injury to Cook and the problems of bringing in a replacement for Keleher due to covid restrictions. No disrespect to Wright but he doesn’t have the same potential to score big as Cook might have. 

A shame but those are the breaks you have to suffer sometimes. At least it’s still early season and we should be sorted 1-7 by the time of the playoffs.

Wright been scoring very well for Newcastle almost everywhere, and has Ben Cook even saw Leicester before?

Cook had never seen Redcar before but was unbeaten until his fall last night.

James Wright scored 4+1 from 7 rides (with 4 lasts) for Newcastle at Leicester.

Redcar is a bit easier for Aussies to get round first time out than Leicester, though there are plenty who eventually get the hang of it.

Wright doesn’t have anywhere near the scoring potential of Ben Cook. Expecting a 52-38 type scoreline tonight. If we can get 40 points I would say that would be a good result for Pirates tonight.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Wright doesn’t have anywhere near the scoring potential of Ben Cook. Expecting a 52-38 type scoreline tonight. If we can get 40 points I would say that would be a good result for Pirates tonight.

40 points gets you nothing, so I'd say that would be a bad result. 

As for Cook, couldn't see him getting much from the twins. We'll have to wait to find out though I suppose. 

I predict a Lions win but I think it could be reasonably close.  Schlein & King both go pretty well round Leicester, Worrall is capable of a big score and  Hume obviously knows the track from his days with the cubs.

Will be interesting to see how Kennedy goes, I don't think he pulled up any trees when he rode here with Sheffield in 2019. 

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You got that wrong Steve, think you need a bit more faith in your guests.  We'll done Poole 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

O ye of little faith. Superb result from a patched up team. Well done boys :t:

Edited by daz9100

Well that was the shock  of the season.Leicester's 3 year unbeaten home record finally broken. A truly awesome result from  the Pirates who were up for the fight from heat 1 throughto heat 15.

Danyon Hume you are a star in the making.

All 6 riders including guest James Wright gave their all.

Now travelling home with a happy Mr Shovlar.

Up the Pirates.

Edited by Shaleshifter
Typing error
  • Like 1

Fully deserved win for the Pirates better team on the night.

• Like 1

Whatever happened to Nick Morris tonight, 2 falls? Out of character so far this season?

It was a good meeting, always close in the scores. No re-starts & all done for half eight including an interval good work to all involved

he of little faith mr shovlar .mind you i did agree with your prediction :t:

• Haha 1

Slightly unexpected result but well done Poole.