British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Petecc

Birmingham v Redcar ko Cup,

BIRMINGHAM are thrilled to confirm pay om the gate admission will return for Wednesday's cup tie with Redcar at Perry Barr (7.30).

Approval has been given for supporters to arrive and pay cash or card which means it is not necessary from now on to buy in advance.

It's the news the club have been waiting for with many of the older fans unable to attend previously due to no internet access.

Club co-owner Peter Mason said: "This news has come a massive boost to us and we now need to see the supporters turning out in force.

"The weather forecast remains solid and we are in for a great night of racing on Wednesday.

"It will also be good to see some younger fans now the school holidays are here and I hope families come along for a great night out."

Birmingham with the same 1-7 as the first match (remember that far back?)

Redcar missing 2, probably 3, of the team that rode that meeting. Not sure who is guesting for Jordan Jenkins and assume it’s still R/R for Stewart.

To close to call. Redcar went well last time and probably will this time. Perhaps the Brummies will sort out their gating and win it. 

Did fancy our chances here but then I saw that Grobauer was riding, race rusty, just back from injury and has never ridden the PB track in anger, just hope Paco is back to form to take some of his rides.

38 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Birmingham with the same 1-7 as the first match (remember that far back?)

Redcar missing 2, probably 3, of the team that rode that meeting. Not sure who is guesting for Jordan Jenkins and assume it’s still R/R for Stewart.

I hear that Dan Thompson is a guest for Redcar tomorrow.

9 hours ago, Gambo said:

I hear that Dan Thompson is a guest for Redcar tomorrow.

Yes, Dan Thompson and Drew Kemp confirmed (the good old Rising Star system in full effect again) and R/R still for the Bears.

10 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Yes, Dan Thompson and Drew Kemp confirmed (the good old Rising Star system in full effect again) and R/R still for the Bears.

Even without the rising star system, both riders would be eligible to guest based on averages (Kemp for Rowe is average based)

Rowe 4.23 Kemp 3.58

Jenkins 4ish (established last home meeting) Thompson 2.00 (hasn't done 4h&4a yet)

• Like 1

Dan Thompson completed his 4H & 4A on Sunday at Eastbourne.

8 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Dan Thompson completed his 4H & 4A on Sunday at Eastbourne.

He did, but it won't come into effect till next Sunday.

It also won't matter as he is a rising star, I was just pointing out how this time there is no advantage using that rule

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site please? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number. 

Thanks 

3 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

He did, but it won't come into effect till next Sunday.

It also won't matter as he is a rising star, I was just pointing out how this time there is no advantage using that rule

Effective date, according to the new team declarations is 28th. Which I think means that Dan will remain at reserve up to and including the away match at Plymouth.

Dan's status as a rising star is an interesting point. For what it's worth, he is not declared in the Leicester team as such (brother Joe is). But if Dan, as a 1 star rising star on the official list, can guest for any other rising star, I think he's going to get a lot of bookings. His new CL average from 28th is 6.05

LATE CHANGE

James Sarjeant has unfortunately been made to self-isolate after coming into contact with a Covid case

We're grateful to Josh MacDonald for stepping in last minute 

#UpTheBears

• Like 1

So now it’s 3 Bears, 3 guests and R/R for Redcar in a match that shouldn’t be taking place at all.

Welcome to British Speedway.

• Like 6