British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Petecc

Birmingham v Redcar ko Cup,

First match delayed over an hour due to poor track kemp arrives late gets ex for missing the 2 mins goes off 15 mts where was the common sense? And u wonder why were losing fans !

• Like 2

Obviously the better team won on the night, given the level of victory, but gutted to go out in the circumstances surrounding this match with only half of our own riders. 

That’s no disrespect to the guests, who were good choices, but you want to win or lose with your “own” team.

Leaves a bitter taste the whole affair but nothing we can do about it now.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 4

What was the crowd numbers ? I couldn't attend due to the dreaded 'ping' !

Good to see 'Mozza' silence the 'fickle' !

Edited by GiveusaB

11 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

As I mentioned on the other thread, the crowd was pityful and I can't see them lasting the season with crowds like that

• Thanks 1

The crowd level last night was dreadful 

not being helped by the stadium owners yet again deciding at the vey last minute to ban people  bringing food and  drink into the stadium (on one if the hottest days of the year). Led to queues at the  entrance  snd some very unhappy customers . They then closed the food outlet before the interval. !!!!! 

Note to the owners
Your bar prices  are horrendous. Your food is very poor quality  snd, very expensive. 
I CALL  ON ALL FANS TO BOYCOTT BOTH THE BAR AND  THE FOOD OUTLET IN PROTEST. 
This is the fault of the stadium owners snd is being done without consultation with  the Mason’s  but, it is alienating fans . 

if this continues, this will be our last season  

there were plenty of new faces there  last night BUT these gains were negated by the fact that so many of the regular fans, just were not there 

I stress, it is the stadium owners who are making life almost  impossible for the Mason’s who are operating with their hands tied behind their backs because of this . I can see them giving up snd walking away , just like many of the fans are doing . That first night is costing us dear but, many of the problems on the night, were caused by the stadium owners coming up with unhelpful snd, ridiculous edicts at the last minute, without consulting the owners  

As I said, the crowd was dreadful last night  which is a pity because apart from the dust, the track was excellent  . The racing and team performance was superb 

Hope I’m wrong but I worry this is looking like it could be our  last season 

time to get a track going at the wheels project before it’s too late and we fold yet again

Edited by the hobbit
  • Thanks 1

It was a nice evening so I thought I'd go along to support the club. I've not seen dust like that from a track since the mid 80's at Long Eaton, it's a good job the wind was blowing away from the crowd or it would had to have been face masks back on!

And who is Valetin Grobauer? I've never heard of him, is he a mate of Eric Riss? He did OK though and was well on the pace and should be quite an asset for the Brummies if they can survive.

5 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

not being helped by the stadium owners yet again deciding at the vey last minute to ban people  bringing food and  drink into the stadium (on one if the hottest days of the year). Led to queues at the  entrance  snd some very unhappy customers . They then closed the food outlet before the interval. !!!!! 

It's a shame the council aren't so meddling in their observation of such practices instead of sticking their noses in on other matters during the restrictions. I managed to sneak a bottle of water in in my back pocket and it's a good job I did as I had been for a run in the afternoon and was severely de-hydrated and needed to replace my liquids... surely that is a health and safety issue!

• Like 1

Birmingham Council are a disgrace!

It would be totally different if it was a cricket match! FACT!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

improved crowd level over the past couple of meetings, think it will go up now the lads are getting back in the groove.

you missed a good one, great nights racing plenty of passing  ht 3 with Ash and Jake Allen passing and repassing was great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wonder how the speedway's future will be affected when residents move into the "athletes" village over the road. We've seen over the years, many councils upholding new resident's  complaints about noise from established motor sport venues and either close them down or impose operating restrictions, some of them frankly ridiculous. Really hope the same doesn't happen to the Brummies.

1 hour ago, OGT said:

I wonder how the speedway's future will be affected when residents move into the "athletes" village over the road. We've seen over the years, many councils upholding new resident's  complaints about noise from established motor sport venues and either close them down or impose operating restrictions, some of them frankly ridiculous. Really hope the same doesn't happen to the Brummies.

I've said it before with the Commonwealth Games coming to Perry Barr this should be a great chance to get a new track built in the park. I hope someone is talking to the council/games organisers to see if this could be a possibility.

I know at lot of people are against another move away from the spirituality home of the Brummies, but you need to look at the facts. Greyhound racing is almost being forced out of existence by some so how long will that continue at the stadium. And more importantly as OGT mentions when all the new neighbours move in how long will they put up with noise and dust blowing around when they want to chill out on a summers evening.

Now is a great chance to get a purpose built track with a multi use center green. I can think of other cities where it would be very much on the radar and most likely pushed forward by the council. Look at the NSS up north and the plans for the new Brandon stadium backed by the local council.

I can understand objections about using part of the park but that could be countered by the use of the center green for sports and noise objections can be countered by the fact the track could be built next the banking and noise protecting fencing provided by the M6. Which in itself is a 24/7 noise and pollution issue in the area.

Edited by Pirio Barre
the standard typos i do it every time
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Historian said:

improved crowd level over the past couple of meetings, think it will go up now the lads are getting back in the groove.

you missed a good one, great nights racing plenty of passing  ht 3 with Ash and Jake Allen passing and repassing was great.

Think you will find the crowd numbers are not up, they are staying the same for some unknown reason 

have allways thought the big citys suffer because it can be a pain to get from (a) to the track with traffic etc,and on a wed night who wants that after poss being in work during the day,but i dont think the stadium owners help not being able to take drink and food is wrong ,as some others have said wouldnt happen  at cricket and other sports where fans go for a good day out rather than watch the sport, have seen it lots with my job .

Wheels was a great track - surely cheaper to operate from there?

3 minutes ago, ch958 said:

Wheels was a great track - surely cheaper to operate from there?

The future of the Wheels venue is also under threat again, with the current leases not being renewed according to recent reports - so definitely not the answer!

• Like 1