British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedway fan

CASH AND CARD PAYMENTS RETURN AT GATE FOR BIRMINGHAM

BIRMINGHAM are thrilled to confirm pay on the gate admission will return for Wednesday's cup tie with Redcar at Perry Barr (7.30).

Approval has been given for supporters to arrive and pay cash or card which means it is not necessary from now on to buy in advance.

It's the news the club have been waiting for with many of the older fans unable to attend previously due to no internet access.

Club co-owner Peter Mason said: "This news has come a massive boost to us and we now need to see the supporters turning out in force.

"The weather forecast remains solid and we are in for a great night of racing on Wednesday.

"It will also be good to see some younger fans now the school holidays are here and I hope families come along for a great night out."

Edited by Speedway fan

Lose the yellow so we can read the post 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Paulco said:

BIRMINGHAM are thrilled to confirm pay on the gate admission will return for Wednesday's cup tie with Redcar at Perry Barr (7.30).

Approval has been given for supporters to arrive and pay cash or card which means it is not necessary from now on to buy in advance.

It's the news the club have been waiting for with many of the older fans unable to attend previously due to no internet access.

Club co-owner Peter Mason said: "This news has come a massive boost to us and we now need to see the supporters turning out in force.

"The weather forecast remains solid and we are in for a great night of racing on Wednesday.

"It will also be good to see some younger fans now the school holidays are here and I hope families come along for a great night out."

It's great you're getting this out there but the peeps you are trying to reach are the ones who allegedly don't have the Internet, how do you expect them to see the forum, press releases and the website with no Internet?

1 hour ago, Byker Biker said:

It's great you're getting this out there but the peeps you are trying to reach are the ones who allegedly don't have the Internet, how do you expect them to see the forum, press releases and the website with no Internet?

I’ve seen at lot of pigeons get released from PB. One landed in my garden, I went to grab the message, but at the last minute it spotted my mobile, it then squeaked into its miniature headset and took off.

• Haha 3

On 7/20/2021 at 6:38 PM, Paulco said:

Do you want it in red and white stripes?:cheers:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

What was the crowd like? Hopefully good for the Mason's 

Pityful... can't see them lasting the season out with a crowd like that!

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

What was the crowd like? Hopefully good for the Mason's 

Dreadful 

not being helped by the stadium owners yet again deciding at the vey last minute to ban people  bringing food and  drink into the stadium (on one if the hottest days of the year). Led to queues at the  entrance and some very unhappy customers . They then closed the food outlet before the interval. !!!!! 

Note to the owners
Your bar prices  are horrendous. Your food is very poor quality  and , very expensive. 
I CALL  ON ALL FANS TO BOYCOTT BOTH THE BAR AND  THE FOOD OUTLET IN PROTEST. 
This is the fault of the stadium owners snd is being done without consultation with  the Mason’s  but, it is alienating fans . 

if this continues, this will be our last season  

there were plenty of new faces there  last night BUT these gains were negated by the fact that so many of the regular fans, just were not there 

I stress, it is the stadium owners who are making life almost impossible for the Mason’s who are operating with their hands tied behind their backs because of this . I can see them giving up snd walking away , just like many of the fans are doing . That first night is costing us dear but, many of the problems on the night, were caused by the stadium owners coming up with unhelpful snd, ridiculous edicts at the last minute, without consulting the owners  

As I said, the crowd was dreadful last night  which is a pity because apart from the dust, the track was excellent  . The racing and team performance was superb 

Hope I’m wrong but I worry this is looking like it could be our  last season 

time to get a track going at the wheels project before it’s too late and we fold yet again

Edited by the hobbit
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

Dreadful 

not being helped by the stadium owners yet again deciding at the vey last minute to ban people  bringing food and  drink into the stadium (on one if the hottest days of the year). Led to queues at the  entrance  snd some very unhappy customers . They then closed the food outlet before the interval. !!!!! 

Note to the owners
Your bar prices  are horrendous. Your food is very poor quality  snd, very expensive. 
I CALL  ON ALL FANS TO BOYCOTT BOTH THE BAR AND  THE FOOD OUTLET IN PROTEST. 
This is the fault of the stadium owners snd is being done without consultation with  the Mason’s  but, it is alienating fans . 

if this continues, this will be our last season  

there were plenty of new faces there  last night BUT these gains were negated by the fact that so many of the regular fans, just were not there 

I stress, it is the stadium owners who are making life almost impossible for the Mason’s who are operating with their hands tied behind their backs because of this . I can see them giving up snd walking away , just like many of the fans are doing . That first night is costing us dear but, many of the problems on the night, were caused by the stadium owners coming up with unhelpful snd, ridiculous edicts at the last minute, without consulting the owners  

As I said, the crowd was dreadful last night  which is a pity because apart from the dust, the track was excellent  . The racing and team performance was superb 

Hope I’m wrong but I worry this is looking like it could be our  last season 

time to get a track going at the wheels project before it’s too late and we fold yet again

Agree totally

Feel 100% for Peter and David, none of the issues were their fault and they are being let down by Stadium Owners.

I'm told and it's only heresay that there is a new Stadium Manager who is a complete tool.

I'd be worried that we'll close before the end of the season at this rate as the Crowd last night didn't look much more than 400 max 500 to me and with decent earners like  Bomber and Riss in the team I can't see how Peter and David can make ends meet.

Track was much better, team was much better, Redcar were very disappointing but that's irrelevant in the bigger picture I fear.

Very worrying and very sad.

I’d say the crowd  was nearer 400. 

The word I’m  getting is that the new stadium owners ( could be via the new manager), are making life almost impossible for the Mason’s who turn up each week dreading what new, unexpected  problem they have to deal with this week 

Apparently, another company have taken over from the GRA.

2 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Apparently, another company have taken over from the GRA.

That was last year its the same company as run Newcastle 

49 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

That was last year its the same company as run Newcastle 

ARC - Arena Racing Company

25 minutes ago, StevePark said:

ARC - Arena Racing Company

They have taken over Central park as well.