British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

Can anyone tell me the date the Powers That Be in Speedway are holding the Crisis Meeting to discuss the situation at Newcastle and Birmingham ( and ...) ;)

8 minutes ago, Bear_Bottom said:

Can anyone tell me the date the Powers That Be in Speedway are holding the Crisis Meeting to discuss the situation at Newcastle and Birmingham ( and ...) ;)

Probably after it's too late, if at all.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bear_Bottom said:

They will be more likely working out which riders they can get in to replace their own to improve their teams..

With the top league teams then realising that they already have them.. :D 

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Unless UK speedway changes its operating model these call to arms will become ever more frequent. I know the rent and operating costs hurt Newcastle but its likely to be a side built at the lower end of the wage scale (throw in that not all that many points are being paid out) and its still not sustainable. Many clubs are struggling to attract 400-500 paying fans but if thats what the limit is then the whole product needs to be marketed to work with those numbers and not the hope that another 300 fans might appear out of the woodwork. If UK speedway as a whole gained 300 fans combined across every track in a season it would be a miracle.

I feel for Rob Grant i really do. He's taken on some bad advice, made some brave decisions (like getting involved in the first place) and faces going from hero to villain. Sadly though a bad business is a bad business and short term cash injections are clearly shown not to be working.

absolutely this - there is no other way

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

They will be more likely working out which riders they can get in to replace their own to improve their teams..

With the top league teams then realising that they already have them.. :D 

Never mind the riders think of the queue there will be to get Mainman Rogers onboard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

just wondering - did they do any customer research before they moved the start time?

17 minutes ago, ch958 said:

just wondering - did they do any customer research before they moved the start time?

The reason for the 4pm start time was because, originally, the Gems were going to be part of Double Headers.  They thought 6.30pm was too late for Double Headers.  When they dropped the Gems, they just kept the 4pm start time.  When Glasgow are here (15 Aug) it's a 6.30pm start (NUFC at home same day), so it will be interesting to see if that effects the gate.

Ben Barker has signed for King's Lynn in the SGB Premiership.  He and Kasper Andersen replace Cameron Heeps and Ricky Wells.

14 minutes ago, StevePark said:

The reason for the 4pm start time was because, originally, the Gems were going to be part of Double Headers.  They thought 6.30pm was too late for Double Headers.  When they dropped the Gems, they just kept the 4pm start time.  When Glasgow are here (15 Aug) it's a 6.30pm start (NUFC at home same day), so it will be interesting to see if that effects the gate.

The other thing is ARC who own the stadium now prefer the earlier starts and want to retain them to give their staff an earlier finish...

Regards 

THJ

Surely not an earlier finish with a double-header on Sunday?

• Like 1

Due to being at work I have not heard any radio or seen any T.V News today( so could of been announced)  but are they going to be notified to make announcements regarding the plea put out for fans to turn up on Sunday .. One of the reasons put forward for fans not turning up was because older fans didn’t use internet so they couldn’t book online and so far the only places I have seen the announcement is on FB, BSF, Twitter and Speedway GB site.. All on the internet so a lot of the older fans might still not see the trouble Newcastle are in 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Surely not an earlier finish with a double-header on Sunday?

Poole will be up first at 16:00 hours then Plymouth and with the best will in the world it won't finish before 8 I wouldn't of thought 

Regards 

THJ

51 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Ben Barker has signed for King's Lynn in the SGB Premiership.  He and Kasper Andersen replace Cameron Heeps and Ricky Wells.

At least he'll still have one income.