British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

1 hour ago, soupy said:

Two home meetings left  12th&19th September That’s all folks..

Aye enjoy them they should be good meetings but who would you fancy as a guest at home? R/R for the last two away meetings so would you use R/R again for Plymouth and Brum the last two away meetings?

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Have things picked up enough to be optimistic about running next season.Whatever league  set up it may be.?

Well that will be down to Rob Grant and after the last two years no one would blame him if he walked... problem is there is no one in the wings waiting to jump into the breach so that would be it if he walks... but what I will say is he has done all the hard work this year and would be mad not to give it one more year and it would be impossible for next year to be anything like the one he has just been through... just need the fans to vote with their feet and get along to Brough and cheer on their team...

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

See you on the heap.

You may in the first one but just in case I will be waving from the royal box upstairs on the last one as we have decided rather than standing outside for the last meeting we are going to do the corporate hospitality package upstairs and try out the prawn sarnies...

So keep an eye out from the centre green Ruff and I will raise a glass... to you and the other volunteers who without whose help and support there wouldn't be a meeting...

Cheers Buddy

Regards 

THJ

• Like 5

10 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

You may in the first one but just in case I will be waving from the royal box upstairs on the last one as we have decided rather than standing outside for the last meeting we are going to do the corporate hospitality package upstairs and try out the prawn sarnies...

Yeah, that seems like a cracking deal and, if we do run next year, a was thinking about that myself. 

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, that seems like a cracking deal and, if we do run next year, a was thinking about that myself. 

Ya not wrong and I've been told the grub is spot on too...

However if you're up there stuffing ya chops who is gonna do the track work?

Come on now remember the motto Ours not to reason why, ours but to do and die and scrape the shale to where it should be and keep the air fence as clean as it could.be...

Regards 

THJ 

So do we reckon ourselves and Redcar can get an Eastbourne rider to fill the injury slots, or have their heads been turned by the money bags further north??

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Ya not wrong and I've been told the grub is spot on too...

However if you're up there stuffing ya chops who is gonna do the track work?

Come on now remember the motto Ours not to reason why, ours but to do and die and scrape the shale to where it should be and keep the air fence as clean as it could.be...

Regards 

THJ 

A don't care, that's not our department,,, we do the before and after events. ;)

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

So do we reckon ourselves and Redcar can get an Eastbourne rider to fill the injury slots, or have their heads been turned by the money bags further north??

not sure the Bears can fit anyone in for Stewart, be surprised if they drop anyone else

1 hour ago, ch958 said:

not sure the Bears can fit anyone in for Stewart, be surprised if they drop anyone else

Pretty sure Lewis Kerr fits 

2 hours ago, Mad Max said:

Plymouth is South. 

14 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Aye enjoy them they should be good meetings but who would you fancy as a guest at home? R/R for the last two away meetings so would you use R/R again for Plymouth and Brum the last two away meetings?

Well that will be down to Rob Grant and after the last two years no one would blame him if he walked... problem is there is no one in the wings waiting to jump into the breach so that would be it if he walks... but what I will say is he has done all the hard work this year and would be mad not to give it one more year and it would be impossible for next year to be anything like the one he has just been through... just need the fans to vote with their feet and get along to Brough and cheer on their team...

So keep an eye out from the centre green Ruff and I will raise a glass... to you and the other volunteers who without whose help and support there wouldn't be a meeting...

Cheers Buddy

Regards 

THJ

Do they do fish fingers and chips ?

41 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Do they do fish fingers and chips ?

They can do owt ya want... they even do a veggie option... special dietary requirement and cranky old farts like ya good self Geoff can be easily catered for xxx

Regards 

THJ

• Thanks 1

I would just go with R/R and give the lads extra rides.

Edited by soupy
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, soupy said:

I would just go with R/R and give the lads extra rides.

Think you maybe spot on. 

22 hours ago, mac101 said:

Pretty sure Lewis Kerr fits 

Lewis Kerr and Ryan Kinsley now signed by Redcar.

Edited by Tsunami

Supposedly there's rumours of a change to our team, according to the Glasgow thread. Wonder how much truth there is to that?