British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

I feel your pain as do all Eastie fans and the other closed clubs..

Oh my word, this sport...

6 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Once 2 maybe 3 sides steeped in history jack it in surely the powers that be have to take a long hard look at themselves and the sport

They can only take a long hard look at themselves if they take their heads out of the sand.

• Like 3

Surely the BSPL can't just stand by any longer and just watch the sport evaporate before their eyes. They HAVE to make Speedway clubs viable to run, the ONLY way to do this is to put a cost cap in place. Whether this means pay rates or sealed engines or whatever it is, please do SOMETHING!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Gutted..

Not Robs fault at all and mainly down to previous promotion, thanks George etc, and the amount of times I was told they were wonderful etc.

I am not sure of the point of the end of season meeting, so we have a big meeting with old riders and everyone enjoys it with a big crowd… what’s the point??? 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, iainb said:

Surely the BSPL can't just stand by any longer and just watch the sport evaporate before their eyes. They HAVE to make Speedway clubs viable to run, the ONLY way to do this is to put a cost cap in place. Whether this means pay rates or sealed engines or whatever it is, please do SOMETHING!

Honestly Ian can't disagree but the BSPL are the problem... I am brewing for a blow out with a few home truths I'm just checking with my brief and other colleagues as to what I can and can't say because it's disgusting what's went on really... but more on this possibly later...

9 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Gutted..

Not Robs fault at all and mainly down to previous promotion, thanks George etc, and the amount of times I was told they were wonderful etc.

I am not sure of the point of the end of season meeting, so we have a big meeting with old riders and everyone enjoys it with a big crowd… what’s the point??? 

It gives me another meeting to work on Rob and see what we can do because he is the only hope for the spot... unless I win the Euro lottery that is...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 5

Devastating news. I’ve been one of the hard core since 1975 and struggle to imagine summers without the Diamonds. Unfortunately the Diamonds are not alone in being an unsustainable business and something really needs to be done to unify speedway from the top. I won’t hold my breath.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Gutted..

We would love that at Eastbourne, one last chance to say goodbye, meet old friends etc. So would Oxford, Cradley, Swindon and everybody else...

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly Ian can't disagree but the BSPL are the problem... 

Perhaps things need to run their natural course then and something start up from the ashes... I don't know,  I'm really lost for words now, ones that haven't already been said a thousand times anyway. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Once 2 maybe 3 sides steeped in history jack it in surely the powers that be have to take a long hard look at themselves and the sport

They haven't noticed the demise of a good many over the past two decades it would appear..

And if they have, it hasn't prompted them to look at making the radical, fundamental changes the sport needs..

The best they could come up with this year is packing a load of Div 1 heat leaders into the 2nd Div....

Whilst allowing a huge imbalance of that resource from team to team...

A marvellous plan...

A master stroke....

Best wishes to Rob Grant and Newcastle Speedway, dealt an appalling hand by others, it would appear, so no failure attached to their collective efforts I would suggest..

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, M.D said:

We would love that at Eastbourne, one last chance to say goodbye, meet old friends etc. So would Oxford, Cradley, Swindon and everybody else...

Didn`t Swindon have their`s a few seasons ago. ;)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Devastating news. I’ve been one of the hard core since 1975 and struggle to imagine summers without the Diamonds. Unfortunately the Diamonds are not alone in being an unsustainable business and something really needs to be done to unify speedway from the top. I won’t hold my breath.

You can actually imagine that some Promoters will see Newcastle going as an opportunity to sign a few more riders...

And then also have a few "spares" for injury cover or poor performance...

All to win competitions that they undermine to a point of being virtually meaningless by the very operating model that they produce...

I would suggest that the only success in Speedway is by working together, deliver every team that starts a season ends it too, and comes back to the tapes next year...

8 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Didn`t Swindon have their`s a few seasons ago. ;)

Not the time to joke, I loved my trips to Reading..