British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

26 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly Ian can't disagree but the BSPL are the problem... I am brewing for a blow out with a few home truths I'm just checking with my brief and other colleagues as to what I can and can't say because it's disgusting what's went on really... but more on this possibly later...

It gives me another meeting to work on Rob and see what we can do because he is the only hope for the spot... unless I win the Euro lottery that is...

Regards 

THJ 

Get the Euromillions on mate and work your magic with Rob.. I was hopeful he would give it one more year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, screm said:
Diamonds Co-promoter Rob Grant would like to release the following statement.

The Diamonds are very much a big part of the speedway family and are the oldest running club still operating out of its original venue

Wolves at Monmore Green are actually.

• Like 3

Sounds like we've been well and truly f#cked over by Godfrey and his croneys AGAIN... He won't be happy until it's Scorpions vs Stags every week... Maybe he thinks the whole country will ascend on Scunthorpe to watch the only speedway still in operation.

How about we all boycott his club!! See how he likes being f#cked about

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Sounds like we've been well and truly f#cked over by Godfrey and his croneys AGAIN... He won't be happy until it's Scorpions vs Stags every week... Maybe he thinks the whole country will ascend on Scunthorpe to watch the only speedway still in operation.

People obviously boycotted Newcastle hence the closure.

1 minute ago, Diamondboy said:

People obviously boycotted Newcastle hence the closure.

Yep... Crowds have been ridiculously low other than that one meeting where everyone turned up in support

1 hour ago, ruckerroo said:

Once 2 maybe 3 sides steeped in history jack it in surely the powers that be have to take a long hard look at themselves and the sport

I'm not holding my breath...

Adding my 2p worth, such a freaking shame, always had a soft spot for Newcastle due to Ivan Mauger, Ian Thomas & Hull connections.   Gotta feel for Grant Jnr; he took a punt, had a go and tried his best running Newcastle Speedway but seems like at many times if he didn't have bad luck he'd have had no luck at all.  Sometimes life just kicks you over and over, until it stops or you stop it.  Sigh....

• Like 1

Sad news for the fans but nothing new there. Newcastle have been an utter farce under Rob Grant both on and off track.

Edited by Robinh88
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Didn`t Swindon have their`s a few seasons ago. ;)

Yep, the Abbey Farewell 11/10/2015

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Wasn`t really a joke from me was it ?

No, not at all ??

Sad news that the Diamonds may be lost. As a Middlesbrough/Redcar fan we have had many many great meetings over the years. But I'm afraid no matter what the B.S.P.A. have or haven't done to help/hinder, the bottom line is there weren't enough fans turning up week in week out.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

Gutted..

Not Robs fault at all and mainly down to previous promotion, thanks George etc, and the amount of times I was told they were wonderful etc.

I am not sure of the point of the end of season meeting, so we have a big meeting with old riders and everyone enjoys it with a big crowd… what’s the point??? 

A chance to say goodbye to old friends, and maybe help the poor lad reduce his losses.

I can’t help but think that this situation is going to repeat at several more tracks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

Would you like to expand on this? Curious.