StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

1 minute ago, Justgotmecpc said:

So could he save the diamonds tho that's the question

Yes.

Because he is the "Spender".

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gringo said:

He did manage to sell the "Transporter Bridge" to the Native Americans.

He did, I watched the documentary. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gringo said:

Jimmy ?

7 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

OZ you mean

The 'nail' being hit on the head, in a city as big as Newcastle only attracting 500 fans,,, it's hardly worth turning the lights on.

11 hours ago, StevePark said:

We haven't shutdown (yet?).

Hope I,m proved wrong but does not look good and as THJ and Rob says there is no one waiting in the wings to take over.

29 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Hope I,m proved wrong but does not look good and as THJ and Rob says there is no one waiting in the wings to take over.

Had a chat to Rob last night and the rumours have started with talk of two interested parties... one a former promoter and the other a consortium... although still no approaches made as yet... however if anyone is interested they will need to declare that interest sooner rather than later and get their finger out otherwise they will be in the same position as Rob was being late to the table for rider selection and building a team...

So never say never... but nothing to report yet...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Had a chat to Rob last night and the rumours have started with talk of two interested parties... one a former promoter and the other a consortium... although still no approaches made as yet... however if anyone is interested they will need to declare that interest sooner rather than later and get their finger out otherwise they will be in the same position as Rob was being late to the table for rider selection and building a team...

So never say never... but nothing to report yet...

Regards 

THJ

hi john 

when is the latest date for a sale/takeover is it before the AGM ?

THANKS 

So sad that Rob has had to come to this decision, had he not been misled by the previous shower of s**t, and the subsequent vat bill, i think he may have made a go of it. lets hope talks with the interested parties have a good result.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, diamonds7 said:

hi john 

when is the latest date for a sale/takeover is it before the AGM ?

THANKS 

To be honest I have no idea... it would be prudent to do it as soon as possible to get the new name out there however there would have to be a commitment made before the AGM I would have thought...

Regards 

THJ

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:
I understand that this will be an emotional and difficult fixture to attend but if you can, please come along and support the Diamonds for the final meeting against Birmingham this Sunday, 19th September at 6.30pm."

Wouldn't it be great if Rob Grant and Roy Clarke could set their differences aside so as Roy can make the last meeting as center green announcer, who knows it  could set in motion a reunification of the Diamond's fan base that will be essential if saviour comes along.  Also what about the Discovery  channel or Amazon Prime?  Can you imagine the likes of Ant and Dec joining forces with one one them to create a reality TV show in the same way the former Man U players did with Salford FC?  What greatness  could the whole sport achieve 

• Like 1

No magic wand can make the sport year 2021 compliant anymore. 

Riders Wages are big to pay for the costs of bikes, a van, mechanic etc etc. Don't get me wrong I believe they are worth more than Premier League footballers but try telling that to your general public. The gulf between income from fans and expenditure on riders wages has risen to a non sustainable level.

The sport IMO needs to go back to a part time one where you ride a couple of times a week and you have a job that fits around it. Then maybe we can build from the bottom and hopefully one day have a sport that could compete with Poland etc.

Stadium rents against the size of crowds. Again the  gulf has become non sustainable. If your owner isn't a wealthy businessman with tens of thousands per season to throw away you simply cant make it pay.

The sport is a £10 sport. 15 minutes of entertainment over a 2 hour period. A family of 4 spending say £30-£40 is a good value night out. Spending £60 all of a sudden isn't value for money any longer.

The bikes are loud and this stops any new tracks being opened. Soon as Betty hears the bikes in the distance sitting in her new Taylor Wimpey shoe box then the complaints roll in and the environmental people refuse permission. Maybe electric is the way to bring the sport back in to our towns and Cities ? I know the noise and smell are all part of us purists but not enough are coming through the turnstiles and this is why track after track are closing.

I know Im involved with Redcar who are doing very well but as a Speedway fan of 49 years  it saddens me to watch as club after club struggle and fold. I really do hope someone steps forward to take over at Newcastle, however  unless they are a massive Speedway fan with money to lose then I cant see any sane person wanting to commit to a sport which in its present state cant survive in big high rented stadiums. 

• Like 9

Fingers firmly crossed that a way for Newcastle to survive can be found. My wife's home town - she was born in Byker. She isn't a speedway fan, but she recognises the fact that we can't afford to lose any tracks and agrees that things do have to change pretty quickly if the sport which I have followed avidly for the past 68 years, is to have a future.

Good Luck Newcastle! Best wishes to all of their supporters for the right outcome.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Parsy29 said:

Riders Wages are big to pay for the costs of bikes, a van, mechanic etc etc. Don't get me wrong I believe they are worth more than Premier League footballers but try telling that to your general public. The gulf between income from fans and expenditure on riders wages has risen to a non sustainable level.

The sport IMO needs to go back to a part time one where you ride a couple of times a week and you have a job that fits around it. 

The sport is a £10 sport. 15 minutes of entertainment over a 2 hour period. A family of 4 spending say £30-£40 is a good value night out. Spending £60 all of a sudden isn't value for money any longer.

Hit the nail on the head!   The sport is a £10 sport.   Riders must get other jobs that fits around it like in lots of other  sports with such low gate money or ride abroad  as well.

Also people says its a family sport but that is far from it.   The vast majority of kids around 12 and under will be in bed by about 9:30 on a school night! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Parsy29 said:

No magic wand can make the sport year 2021 compliant anymore. 

The sport IMO needs to go back to a part time one where you ride a couple of times a week and you have a job that fits around it. Then maybe we can build from the bottom and hopefully one day have a sport that could compete with Poland etc.

Stadium rents against the size of crowds. Again the  gulf has become non sustainable. If your owner isn't a wealthy businessman with tens of thousands per season to throw away you simply cant make it pay.

The bikes are loud and this stops any new tracks being opened. Soon as Betty hears the bikes in the distance sitting in her new Taylor Wimpey shoe box then the complaints roll in and the environmental people refuse permission. Maybe electric is the way to bring the sport back in to our towns and Cities ? I know the noise and smell are all part of us purists but not enough are coming through the turnstiles and this is why track after track are closing.

I know Im involved with Redcar who are doing very well but as a Speedway fan of 49 years  it saddens me to watch as club after club struggle and fold. I really do hope someone steps forward to take over at Newcastle, however  unless they are a massive Speedway fan with money to lose then I cant see any sane person wanting to commit to a sport which in its present state cant survive in big high rented stadiums. 

You can't get a lot for £10 these day Gav! And the problem is seeing it as 15 minutes of entertainment, it's much more than that. Someone posted on this forum the other day how the pub would then be 15 minutes of drinking. It's about the whole night out.

Family of 4 would pay £35-40 at most championship clubs considering kids are usually £1 or something. Not many places you can take kids that cheap.

The biggest stumbling block is the rented tracks. They're the ones that seem to be struggling the most.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

The 'nail' being hit on the head, in a city as big as Newcastle only attracting 500 fans,,, it's hardly worth turning the lights on.

Or putting down the sheets on the dog track

10 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

You can't get a lot for £10 these day Gav! And the problem is seeing it as 15 minutes of entertainment, it's much more than that. Someone posted on this forum the other day how the pub would then be 15 minutes of drinking. It's about the whole night out.

Family of 4 would pay £35-40 at most championship clubs considering kids are usually £1 or something. Not many places you can take kids that cheap.

The biggest stumbling block is the rented tracks. They're the ones that seem to be struggling the most.

Its much more than that to me and you who live a breath Speedway. Unfortunately its not to many that you speak to from outside the sport. The crowd levels tell us that people would rather spend money on other things now sadly. How many do you ask and remember Speedway from the past but no longer go.

Fully agree and that's why my post was on Newcastle page that the sport no longer in its present state can survive in big high rented stadiums with the crowds being attracted. Problem is because of the noise issues getting a new track on a bit of land within 20 miles of a house is just about imposiible 

• Like 1