British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

If this meeting does go ahead because the forecast now doesn't look great... but if it does I am hoping to have a beer in the top bar to talk to anyone interested and maybe update a few folk on where we are at...

Regards

THJ

It needs to go on Facebook really about meeting in bar or speaking to you at some point.

We really need supporters club or official Facebook to put something up to let people know. 

46 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Why should it be up to you to update fans? Why can’t Rob Grant take the mic on Sunday and tell everyone where we are at ? 

Maybe he will. 

43 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

What night do the Diamonds use in case of Rain off as the weather don’t look great

They announced last week if it's rained off it'll take place next Sunday... but they also announced then that this individual meeting would be taking place.. so who knows :blink:

10 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

They announced last week if it's rained off it'll take place next Sunday... but they also announced then that this individual meeting would be taking place.. so who knows :blink:

Been announced that the all star meeting will NOT take place, and the Brummie's meeting will be the last meeting.

13 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

There’s more chance of my hair growing back than that happening again.

Elton John & Wayne Rooney have had there heads sorted 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

What night do the Diamonds use in case of Rain off as the weather don’t look great

8 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Newcastle 'off-night' is a Monday, which was last used in 2017 against Workington I believe. A think it was announced that if this Sunday was affected by weather, next Sunday would be used. The statement released after Sunday said that the individual meeting planned would not now take place. The fact there is a planned track walk after heat 15 would suggest that that'll be it, (for now anyway),,, also a heard that they've bought a big box of fireworks, (from Hector, hopefully).

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, KEITH M said:

Why should it be up to you to update fans? Why can’t Rob Grant take the mic on Sunday and tell everyone where we are at ? 

I was prepared to update like minded fans who are interested in saving the club as to where we are with coordinating a rescue package as requested by a previous poster to try and save the club which has nothing to do with Rob Grant but a tell ya what Keith poke it... you do it and while ya on get ya little pal English back because he done a great job didn't he...

Rob Grant is leaving what do you want him to do get on the Mic and say just for you Keith am really really leaving... there are things going on behind the scenes that Rob isn't aware of and its English syncophants like you who have compounded the problem so either get with the programme and come up with something positive or shut your trolling hole and let some Speedway fans not suck holes try and save the situation...

So here's the plan you get ya pension spent and take it on yourself ... I'll pay to watch from the terraces and then come on here and moan on about everything from the team the parking the programme the cost and the strength of the coffee and while all that is going on you run the effing club...

Believe it or not there are some people behind the scenes trying to coordinate things so the club keeps going....

Regards 

THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Like 8

42 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Believe it or not there are some people behind the scenes trying to coordinate things so the club keeps going....

Regards 

THJ

Good on yer THJ. Fingers crossed for Newcastle Speedway, where there’s a will there definitely is a way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

'So here's the plan you get ya pension spent and take it on yourself ... I'll pay to watch from the terraces and then come on here and moan on about everything from the team the parking the programme the cost and the strength of the coffee and while all that is going on you run the effing club...

'Coffee'??? ;)

If 'Diamonds' is playing during the track-walk am gonna have to take a hanky.:(

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

I was prepared to update like minded fans who are interested in saving the club as to where we are with coordinating a rescue package as requested by a previous poster to try and save the club which has nothing to do with Rob Grant but a tell ya what Keith poke it... you do it and while ya on get ya little pal English back because he done a great job didn't he...

Rob Grant is leaving what do you want him to do get on the Mic and say just for you Keith am really really leaving... there are things going on behind the scenes that Rob isn't aware of and its English syncophants like you who have compounded the problem so either get with the programme and come up with something positive or shut your trolling hole and let some Speedway fans not suck holes try and save the situation...

So here's the plan you get ya pension spent and take it on yourself ... I'll pay to watch from the terraces and then come on here and moan on about everything from the team the parking the programme the cost and the strength of the coffee and while all that is going on you run the effing club...

Regards 

THJ

Keep the faith John and ignore the negatives, I've been in contact about my club, keep going please 

• Like 1

Taken off Facebook:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN REGARD TO TOMORROW'S MEETING.....

We will be opening the gates/turnstiles tomorrow half an hour early to try and alleviate any undue pressure on the gates and give everyone as quick of an entry as possible. Gates will now be OPEN FROM 5PM.

Car Park - there will be parking attendants in operation tomorrow to ensure we can fit as many cars as possible into the car park. Please do listen to the advice of these attendants when parking your vehicle and remain vigilant and courteous to other car park users around you.

Mascots - we WILL be having a parade tomorrow evening and therefore we will be giving any youngsters the chance to partake in the running of the evening and offering mascot positions to any of our young fans. Please make sure to message us prior to attending in order to get your child's/children's name down on the list.

TICKETS - There has been some confusion over admission prices this week. Can we just clarify that the £38 admission charge is for the VIP HOSPITALITY PACKAGE ONLY. This must be booked online in ADVANCE.

Normal admission prices are as follows:

Adults - £17

Concessions - £14

Child (5-16) - £3

Under 5s - FREE

We recommend purchasing your tickets online now at

https://www.trybooking.co.uk/BFQF for ease of entry at the gate.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone trackside tomorrow.

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ

Ignore the idiots and clowns John, anyone who is still a friend with English after all this is a joke.

Instead of asking Rob to go on the mic maybe Keith could ask his mate English to go on the centre green and be interviewed by John and Granty.. that would be good :t:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ

Why does asking Rob Grant to update the fans seen as a negative response … It was a genuine question .. Why can’t he address the fans after all the few who have paid to watch this season have managed to keep Newcastle going to the end of the season …. As for programme ( match day magazine) it is not just me who has said it is not as good as other seasons .. As for money I would hate to think how much I have put into Newcastle speedway over 42 years and other clubs with all my away trips over the years …. Your allowed an opinion so why can’t I ? And it shows how much you know me as I don’t drink coffee so why would I complain !!

Edited by KEITH M
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Why does asking Rob Grant to update the fans seen as a negative response … It was a genuine question .. Why can’t he address the fans after all the few who have paid to watch this season have managed to keep Newcastle going to the end of the season …. As for programme ( match day magazine) it is not just me who has said it is not as good as other seasons .. As for money I would hate to think how much I have put into Newcastle speedway over 42 years and other clubs with all my away trips over the years …. Your allowed an opinion so why can’t I ? And it shows how much you know me as I don’t drink coffee so why would I complain !!

We were talking about the fan owned club and saving the diamonds, why would Rob give an update on that?