British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

15 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

When I get somewhere I get a decent signal I will send you a PM or come and see me tomorrow and I can give you the full rundown

Also if Mr Likeapost @Tsunami wants to pop along I can appraise him of the situation as well...

Regards

THJ

Can this poster not answer for him/herself? To say the previous promotion have ‘took the p@ss out of the supporters for years’ is absolute boll@cks. They have provided many years of enjoyable entertainment to me and everyone else who attended. At no time have I had the ‘p@ss’ took out of me and I’m certain 99% of supporters feel the same way. What happened at the end and behind the scenes is a different matter and whilst I agree something ‘dodgy’ happened, it did not affect the man on the terrace. So how have they had the ‘p@ss’ taken out of them for years?

Edited by Diamondboy
Missed word
  • Like 3

I wish everyone going today well, I have for the most part enjoyed my trips to Brough Park over the years and hope to return one day, fingers crossed.

• Like 2

Sad to see the passing of Dave Tattum, thoughts and condolences to all family and friends.

RIP

• Like 1

Another sad day today with the passing of Dave Tattum and also could be the last ever for the Diamonds. RIP Dave Tattum and condolences to all family and friends and you will be sadly missed by all.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Can this poster not answer for him/herself? To say the previous promotion have ‘took the p@ss out of the supporters for years’ is absolute boll@cks. They have provided many years of enjoyable entertainment to me and everyone else who attended. At no time have I had the ‘p@ss’ took out of me and I’m certain 99% of supporters feel the same way. What happened at the end and behind the scenes is a different matter and whilst I agree something ‘dodgy’ happened, it did not affect the man on the terrace. So how have they had the ‘p@ss’ taken out of them for years?

Whilst I agree somewhat with what you are saying once the M.O. of the previous lot was exposed I can also see the perspective from the other side and how some fans may have felt they have had the Mickey taken out of them once the shenanigans of the previous promotion came to light...

Again as someone who invested in the product of the previous promotion and supported them financially you would think that me more than anyone should feel aggrieved especially when I found out where my cash was actually going however like your good self I have enjoyed the fare delivered up at Brough Park over the years for sure.

However that enjoyment has been tarnished slightly by now knowing what has gone on... have I had the Mickey taken out of me... probably... but I would do it all again for a sport I really enjoy...

Ignorance was maybe bliss at the time but now its out there as to what went on... well there are two sides to this and you can't take the emotion out either way... or the choice of words used... unfortunately 

Regards 

John

• Like 4

The previous promotion may have entertained us all for years... But let's not forget that their backhanded 'dodgy' way of running the club's finances for all them years is one of the main reasons that today is the final meeting ever for Newcastle Diamonds... Among other things yes I know

• Like 5

Devastated on numerous counts today carnt make tonight covid stricken , my club could be no more and the sad news on Dave Tattum R.I.P . Hope theres a good send off for the club , the team and the fans and a mark of respect for Dave . Hope ive worded this right if not apologies , so for one last time come on the Diamonds 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Very sad day all round and the sad news of the passing of dave tatum just adds to the sadness and puts everything into perspective, I've been going to Brough Park as it will always be called to us for about 50 years when my dad first took me, seen some great riders and great teams, from the Owen brothers nicki pederson David bargh too many to name here, I'm a naturally a glass half full person so praying this won't be the end and someone will be able to keep Sundays as speedway night.... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

The previous promotion may have entertained us all for years... But let's not forget that their backhanded 'dodgy' way of running the club's finances for all them years is one of the main reasons that today is the final meeting ever for Newcastle Diamonds... Among other things yes I know

You could also say Newcastle would have folded without the previous promotion too though...

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, ch958 said:

What reason has Barker given? 

He said that David Tatum was one of his close friends and he was not in the right frame of mind to race