British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

8 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well that's saved me booking a room at the South Gosforth Club and an awful lot of fans having to put their hands in their pockets...

Thanks to all those who offered to help and it still may be worth having those discussions...

Brilliant news and let's see where we go with it from here... always said the best bloke was in the job...

Regards 

THJ

So do we have to call you Co promoter or is it someone else lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, andys said:

So do we have to call you Co promoter or is it someone else lol

Come on…. 
be totally honest John :t::party::drink:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well that's saved me booking a room at the South Gosforth Club and an awful lot of fans having to put their hands in their pockets...

I think an informal celebratory social at South Gosforth club would be a good idea. 

They serve a belting pint of Moretti (although I see THJ's on the San Miguel just now).

• Like 1

THJ, still think it's worth having a meeting to see if some sort of fan funding would help and in what form would be best.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, erniew said:

THJ, still think it's worth having a meeting to see if some sort of fan funding would help and in what form would be best.

Agree totally with this, Rob has shown his commitment, think any fans who are financially able to help get the chance too, maybe take on board Edinburgh fans trust setup 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Thanks to all those who offered to help and it still may be worth having those discussions...

Brilliant news and let's see where we go with it from here... always said the best bloke was in the job...

Regards 

THJ

Let's hope we get even a half of last Sunday's crowds in 2022 after all they came out in there numbers to prove that speedway is wanted on Tyneside 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, andys said:

Agree totally with this, Rob has shown his commitment, think any fans who are financially able to help get the chance too, maybe take on board Edinburgh fans trust setup 

Definitely.. the Edinburgh trust even mentioned on Facebook coming down to meet the fans. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 12:57 PM, erniew said:

Although I think the fans consortium is a good idea, and I'm sorry to pour cold water on it, the crowdfunding effort was supported by approximately 130 people, many of whom are not Diamonds fans/supporters so the chances of getting enough Diamonds fans to come onboard is very remote. Shame, but that's the reality.

Fantastic news. Just about to go to bed and saw this unbelievable news. Really made up. Need now to get a supporters group like the Edinburgh Trust.

I am the happiest bloke in the world right now :D After a long hard depressing week of 13 hour shift work, after the emotion of last Sunday, this has been the best bit of news ever!!

I WILL be digging my hands right into my pockets in support of Rob Grant next season, so there BETTER be an Edinburgh style fan club for us to put that money in to...

The most important thing now is we need a BIG team line up... Think Max, Connor and Adam need to be snapped up NOW, before anyone else gets them... Then build from there, I can't wait :D

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

I am the happiest bloke in the world right now :D After a long hard depressing week of 13 hour shift work, after the emotion of last Sunday, this has been the best bit of news ever!!

I WILL be digging my hands right into my pockets in support of Rob Grant next season, so there BETTER be an Edinburgh style fan club for us to put that money in to...

The most important thing now is we need a BIG team line up... Think Max, Connor and Adam need to be snapped up NOW, before anyone else gets them... Then build from there, I can't wait :D

I’d add Archie into that mix. After half a season I reckon he will really smash next season, especially if a variety of the rising star remains - and he will only get better. 

32 minutes ago, Diamond geezer said:

I’d add Archie into that mix. After half a season I reckon he will really smash next season, especially if a variety of the rising star remains - and he will only get better. 

Yes, I think Archie is nailed on to be one of our rising stars... Think he will do alright after the experience of this year, each week he got that little bit closer... Will be nice to have a local lad around too... Assuming it's 2 rising stars this would be a decent start to the building I think

2. Connor Mountain/Adam Roynon

3. Matty Wethers

4. Max Clegg

7. Archie Freeman

Add a big number 1, a solid number 5 and another talent at reserve, think we'll be in for a cracking season... Really can't wait :D

• Like 1

Are we still too young of a company to have any foreign riders over?

Don't wanna get too carried away, but I'm happy tonight