British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

Great news , cant afford to see anymore clubs folding, sounds like the support over the last few meetings had a big impact on Rob.

Cheers Chopper

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well that's saved me booking a room at the South Gosforth Club and an awful lot of fans having to put their hands in their pockets...

Thanks to all those who offered to help and it still may be worth having those discussions...

Brilliant news and let's see where we go with it from here... always said the best bloke was in the job...

Regards 

THJ

Been away for 5 days without a phone signal, what ye been deeing?,,, aye reeto ;)

3 hours ago, andys said:

So do we have to call you Co promoter or is it someone else lol

Think he's been doing his promoters exam? :t:

Fantastic news!

Absolutely delighted with this news, what a way to start the weekend!!

I'd also like to offer my help with the social media side of things, if it's needed going forward. I don't proclaim to be an expert but I know my way around and I think there's a lot of potential here which could benefit the club. If it's needed then I'd be more than happy to volunteer my services.

• Like 4

Well done Rob for saving the diamonds and whoever else are concerned.Great News and onwards and upwards.

Let us all put the past behind us and move forward and everyone pulling in the right direction would be a big help.

• Like 4

Good news but will need radical changes for next year regarding costs for riders etc , so will anything change at this years AGM, 

With the crowd numbers Newcastle are averaging this season the added input of another promoter will only go so far…

Sorry to sound negative but just being realistic 

Best wishes to the club for next season

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Good news but will need radical changes for next year regarding costs for riders etc , so will anything change at this years AGM, 

With the crowd numbers Newcastle are averaging this season the added input of another promoter will only go so far…

that's every track to be fair, things can't just limp along much longer

• Like 1

Maybe they can do another round of just giving for the club, in memory of dave Tatum

The money raised could go directly to the club in the form of sponsorship and to honour his memory in 2022 the team run under the banner of "Newcastle 'Dave Tatum' Diamonds 

Just an idea would be a good tribute and a good cause/reason for supporters across speedway to dig deep in memory of Dave 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Totally agree.  If I was Rob Grant or any other promoter,  I'd want written assurance from the BSPL that they will look to make changes this winter with view to making the sport more affordable to run and to make it fairer to allow everyone a good chance to compete.  If I didn't get that, I'd walk away so as not to waste anyone's time.

That said, as an "honoury Geordie" through family ties, I'd delighted that Newcastle will run again in 2022.   I wish them all the best

• Like 1

I would never applaud the loss of a track, but I do hope this move does not rebound on Rob Grant. Decisions made in the grip of strong emotion are frequently not wise ones.

But, good news for the sport in general and the Diamonds fans in particular. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Firstly I am delighted for all concerned about this news especially the fans , I know a few Diamonds fans and have a lot of time for them.

Moving forward thinking about things generally should they be looking at what worked previously, I know times have changed social platforms etc but the young fans are as important probably more so than us older generation. At Glasgow they involve the Kids in a lot off activities and the number of children attending has visibly grown , what I would like to see is the return of some of the events that did work.

the regional 4tt which was always a great way to start the season , Gold and Silver Helmet match races which you always looked forward to seeing it might be that taking a step back to move forward could initiate more interest 

Promoting is not an easy task in this era but it is the ones who have vision and promote that stand the best chance.

I would like too see the running of the sport outsourced independently you just have to see what Barry Hearn done to revitalise Darts and Snooker with some vision and expertise in promoting it must be a consideration to go down this route.

But that is for other people to decide but great news for the Diamonds.

• Like 2

Delighted.

As stated before I would sponsor a heat in 2022 and would also be interested in contributing to a fans trust run along the lines of Edinburgh.

I also have a couple of slightly left field promotional ideas that I would like to discuss. Maybe if THJ organises that meeting I could meet up with the appropriate folks from the club.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Delighted.

As stated before I would sponsor a heat in 2022 and would also be interested in contributing to a fans trust run along the lines of Edinburgh.

I also have a couple of slightly left field promotional ideas that I would like to discuss. Maybe if THJ organises that meeting I could meet up with the appropriate folks from the club.

Me too I would love to be able to support Rob moving forward 

• Like 1

Great news.

Hopefully 2021 will be a learning curve for next season Sincerely hope your co promoter is a strong minded business man who can help Newcastle move onward

• Like 1