British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

27 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

What about Steve Lawson

But will he have the p@ss taken out of him?

46 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

What about Steve Lawson

James Grieves would be a better bet, says he's got an itch.:cheers:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

James Grieves would be a better bet, says he's got an itch.:cheers:

So have I in me left ear !!

See Geoff Brown announced on Look North tonight that "Rob Grant has decided to run for another year"? "Great news he said the Diamonds are back" Here Here Geoff...

However I may not have that verbatim and he may have just made a sweeping statement but if we are only looking at one more year we do need to get our thinking caps on and get moving as it could be we aren't out of the woods yet and we are in the same predicament at the end of next season...

I am getting lots of PM's pledging money and wanting to be part of a trust or similar to support the club so looking forward to seeing people next Tuesday...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 3

On 9/27/2021 at 3:35 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Hi

This goes out to everyone who expressed a wish to save the club prior to Rob rising like a phoenix and changing his mind to stay...

There will be a meeting next Tuesday @ 19:30 hours (7:30 PM) 5th October at the South Gosforth Sports & Social Club
Laburnum Cottage, Percy Terrace, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 1RS.

This meeting will look at the appetite to set up a Trust; with supporting funds; to look at sustaining Speedway in Newcastle. There will be a full and frank discussion following on from the offers of support for the club from individual fans and businesses and to debate the merits on proposals that ensure the club does not end up in the same precarious position we have faced over the last few weeks of the season.

This will possibly be the only opportunity we have to get together and look at proposals for sustaining the sport and keeping the momentum going on the back of all the goodwill following the near closure of the club... There are no silly ideas and all proposals will be given an airing and hopefully we can bring something positive out of this get together... All are welcome and this includes any representatives of businesses who expressed an interest in the original proposal of a fan based buy out... please come along hear what is said and lets see if we can pull something positive together...

There will also be a post notifying people on Facebook and Twitter of this meeting

Look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible

Regards
John

Hi John

Sadly I have broken my legs and I'm having surgery on Thursday so will be unable to attend. If possible could you send me a message or email of what comes from the meeting and how people are able to get involved. My email address is j.potts909@btinternet.com

Hopefully we will be able to support the diamonds next season and into the future.

Thanks Jill 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

See Geoff Brown announced on Look North tonight that "Rob Grant has decided to run for another year"? "Great news he said the Diamonds are back" Here Here Geoff...

However I may not have that verbatim and he may have just made a sweeping statement but if we are only looking at one more year we do need to get our thinking caps on and get moving as it could be we aren't out of the woods yet and we are in the same predicament at the end of next season...

I am getting lots of PM's pledging money and wanting to be part of a trust or similar to support the club so looking forward to seeing people next Tuesday...

Regards 

THJ

Finding people who are prepared to be trustees may not be the easiest thing to do. 

32 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Finding people who are prepared to be trustees may not be the easiest thing to do. 

What's one of them?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, noaksey said:

Well worth a go tho to help keep speedway running at Newcastle.. 

3 hours ago, Mamapotts said:

Hi John

Sadly I have broken my legs and I'm having surgery on Thursday so will be unable to attend. If possible could you send me a message or email of what comes from the meeting and how people are able to get involved. My email address is j.potts909@btinternet.com

Hopefully we will be able to support the diamonds next season and into the future.

Thanks Jill 

Good luck with the operation

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, noaksey said:

23 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ

Hi

Can I just check is the meeting on Tuesday to help keep Newcastle Speedway running in 2022 and onwards or is the meeting to put funds in a trust to start off a new venture ie purchasing land to build a new track?

Thanks 

Edited by Discofever