British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

38 minutes ago, Discofever said:

Hi

Can I just check is the meeting on Tuesday to help keep Newcastle Speedway running in 2022 and onwards or is the meeting to put funds in a trust to start off a new venture ie purchasing land to build a new track?

Thanks 

It is whatever you want it to be... it will be like minded people who want to retain speedway in the area for the long term putting forward options to achieve this goal... when Rob was going to walk many people were profoundly impacted and were prepared to do something to retain the sport in the area... I believe there is the good will at present to put something into place that will mean we can not only support a team and a track but secure a future for the sport in the area for the foreseeable future...

If we can't reach a consensus so be it and if it doesn't happen what have we lost... a wet Tuesday night in October... but the bar will be open which will counter that somewhat...

All ideas and proposals will be aired...

Regards

John

• Like 2

I can’t make it on Tuesday but would certainly be up for contributing to a fans trust. Please let us know what transpires.

• Like 1

Can’t make it on Tuesday but would be in favour of a Trust system like Edinburghs as long as it was run by the right people and was sustainable in the longer term, Count me in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Can’t make it on Tuesday but would be in favour of a Trust system like Edinburghs as long as it was run by the right people and was sustainable in the longer term, Count me in.

Hi

what is the trust system and how does it work? 
Thanks 

1 hour ago, Discofever said:

Hi

Thanks 

You put in £50 a month and we take out £20  lol(only joking)

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Hope those who offer don’t take the p@ss out of the fans........

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Hope those who offer don’t take the p@ss out of the fans........

I’m sure if we put How.I.Ever.Passed.My.CPC in charge of selecting trustees then we will be fine, he appears to be an expert of smoking out promoters who take the p@ss out of the fans yet provides zero evidence.

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

ZzzzzZzzzz.. yeah don't blame you

Edited by Justgotmecpc

18 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Would you like to get your CPC & I'll be glad to give you the info & promise not to take the p@ss

Would you like to get your glasses as I believe you could be quoting the wrong person... however sincere apologies if I'm wrong...

Regards 

THJ 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

I’m sure if we put How.I.Ever.Passed.My.CPC in charge of selecting trustees then we will be fine, he appears to be an expert of smoking out promoters who take the p@ss out of the fans yet provides zero evidence.

If you want the info on your CPC qualification I can give you the info & promise not to take the URINE

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Would you like to get your glasses as I believe you could be quoting the wrong person... however sincere apologies if I'm wrong...

Regards 

THJ 

Cheers now corrected ha

• Haha 1

On 9/29/2021 at 2:45 PM, Discofever said:

Hi

Thanks 

In its basic form…it will hold money (donated by fans) for the purpose of the speedway club. The speedway club can request funds and must give a purpose and sufficient rationale for the funds. The Trust can also have a say in what the funds are to be used for. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wardey said:

In its basic form…it will hold money (donated by fans) for the purpose of the speedway club. The speedway club can request funds and must give a purpose and sufficient rationale for the funds. The Trust can also have a say in what the funds are to be used for. 

Is it?

Well that's one idea? Hopefully you will be at the meeting and your proposal can be put to the vote...

Regards 

John

• Like 1