British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

Brilliant start, solid 110% trier, couldn't ask for a much better 2 or 4 tbh :t:

Happy with that. :t:

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

One way local business & better off supporters could help clubs like Newcastle & Birmingham survive would be to own the air fence, tractors, graders etc. These would be available for the season BUT remain in the ownership of the "Club Guardians"

I do think there are business's & supporter's willing to get involved in this way who would not just hand over a couple of grand into thin air!

Who owns the stuff now?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Who owns the stuff now?

The club own it now, as in Rob Grant. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Over the moon!! Who will be next? Exciting times

Wonder when the co-promoter will be announced

WRIGHTY.JPG

He (or she) has to be vetted by the BSPL before anything official can be announced. Not sure how long the process is likely to last.

Not sure I’d be signing too many more riders without knowing the league structure and who will run.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, StevePark said:

He (or she) has to be vetted by the BSPL before anything official can be announced. Not sure how long the process is likely to last.

AGM in November!!

14 hours ago, StevePark said:

Thanks for the info Steve :t: If we're waiting on the BSPL it could be sometime around next February then...

4 hours ago, bigred said:

Any ideas/wishes for a no1 &5 ?

Would love to see a big hitter at number 1, but someone who we've never seen in a Diamonds race jacket before, or for at least a long while... An exciting name to bring the fans back...

3 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Not sure I’d be signing too many more riders without knowing the league structure and who will run.

But as Chewbacca says, it's daft to sign too many riders up until we know the rules... The only other I'd sign right now would be Max Clegg, he's a must sign rider in my eyes

18 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

AGM in November!!

Hopefully our new co-promoter gets signed off by then then...

10 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

But as Chewbacca says, it's daft to sign too many riders up until we know the rules... The only other I'd sign right now would be Max Clegg, he's a must sign rider in my eyes

Would agree with that, also Connor Mountain. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Thanks for the info Steve :t: If we're waiting on the BSPL it could be sometime around next February then...

Would love to see a big hitter at number 1, but someone who we've never seen in a Diamonds race jacket before, or for at least a long while... An exciting name to bring the fans back...

Hopefully our new co-promoter gets signed off by then then...

The promoters already know what is 90% in place for next season, when you say "we know the rules" as in fans, then "we" will be the last to know and understand what is going on 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

The promoters already know what is 90% in place for next season, when you say "we know the rules" as in fans, then "we" will be the last to know and understand what is going on 

I'm guessing that if a promoter leaked any rules to the fans, they would be punished...? All down to the heads of the BSPL to let us all know what's going on... Does anyone know the exact date of the AGM this year?

27 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Would agree with that, also Connor Mountain. 

Connor, Adam, Archie, Max and James with 2 big hitters would be the perfect team in my opinion...

1. Big Hitter 1

2. Max Clegg

3. James Wright

4. Connor Mountain

5. Big Hitter 2

6. Archie Freeman

7. Adam Roynon

But of course, we don't know the team limits yet, so let's see what does and doesn't fit...

Not even sure whether Max and Connor would be interested anymore?

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Diamonds85 said:

Connor, Adam, Archie, Max and James with 2 big hitters would be the perfect team in my opinion...

1. Big Hitter 1

2. Max Clegg

3. James Wright

4. Connor Mountain

5. Big Hitter 2

6. Archie Freeman

7. Adam Roynon

But of course, we don't know the team limits yet, so let's see what does and doesn't fit...

I’m not a Newcastle fan or anything but from an outsiders perspective Archie Freeman seemed to struggle last year 

4 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

1. Big Hitter 1

2. Max Clegg

3. James Wright

4. Connor Mountain

5. Big Hitter 2

6. Archie Freeman

7. Adam Roynon

Not even sure whether Max and Connor would be interested anymore?

James, Max and Connor would cost you about 15.5 points, chuck in Archie on 1 star and you could make room for 2 and a half big hitters, depending on points limits tho.

3 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

I’m not a Newcastle fan or anything but from an outsiders perspective Archie Freeman seemed to struggle last year 

Archie is a young 16/17 year old raw talent and a local Geordie rider who has mascotted and loved the club since a very young age... I remember Archie back into 2010!! When Kenni Larsen was around, must have made him 5 years old? We have watched him before and after most meetings over the years, practising and racing in the NJL and watched him develop as a rider. Last season was very tough for young Archie, however, towards the end of the season he was getting very close to the backs of the riders in front of him, and he had a lot of bad luck along the way, falls, bike failures etc... I honestly believe, if we can build a very strong team around him, give him absolutely 0 pressure, that he could be flying by the end of next season. He's basically Newcastle speedway's child...

I do however, think he needs to work on his gating (which was noticeably better by the end of the season) and his anger (which understandably I guess, came out a few times last year too) Archie is a good little prospect who could be very good within the next 3 or 4 years...

Same goes for Danny Smith, on a slightly lesser scale, we need to utilise him, if we haven't already lost him?

Another rider who has impressed me, considering how little time he has ridden the 500s, is Jack Shimelt, already a quick looking rider around Brough and he's only been at it this year? As far as I can tell, another rider to keep an eye out for in the future...

• Like 2