British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

5 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

What about  250 class which is currently the strongest class even if it's not the biggest

for me it all depends on SGP4 is as they are looking at standardised equipment and trying to make the entry into the sport cheaper, they've said its likely to be 125  I guess the UK could look to have a 125/250 mix but I would follow the path of SGP4

22 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Remember you were told last season that there would be 2 Rising Stars in teams this year going forward so you will get 4 Stars which will allow for maximum combinations of a 3 + 1 Star or a 2 + 2 Star at reserve if you max out your Star ration.. After all it would be daft to stick in two 1 Star Reserves you may as well use up your star ration to the full...

That will leave a figure to be chosen for the team building of the top 5 which due to the shortage of riders last season might be to a maximum of 35 but could be as low as 32 or even 30 for the Championship...

The NDL will change possibly to clubs 2nd teams only so I am not sure where that will leave Mildenhall and the IOW (If they come back) and anyone else who thinks they could drop down into this league and thinking of Brum and Eastie here who have done this in the past or Oxford and Bradford if they were to come back and that is purely down to rider availability...Just  personal thought that one though...

Top league will be ok with the Super 6 but I would like to see a couple more added to this for a league of 8 or even 10 but cant see it happening somehow and let them build to 45 points so they can be as strong as possible... So 5 Stars for their reserves and 40 points for the 1 to 5...

Finally I have been reading about this new Glasgow proposal that will be put forward by Michael Max amongst others which knowing Michael will be well thought out and lets face it could it be any worse than what we have at the minute with this rising star thing; looking forward to hearing more about this proposal and seeing how far it gets... lets hope its a winner.

Regards
THJ

No it won't. Wolves have publicly stated (in last weeks Star) that they won't run in a six team league next year. So the top league will need 1, probably 2, teams joining the current six.

That either means somebody moving up from the Championship (unlikely in my opinion) or Swindon and/or Oxford joining. It is by no means certain that Swindon will return next year. They took this year out to allow the stadium to be rebuilt, when in effect they could have ran as this work has only barely started. Oxford? Maybe, if they open up which league will they want to be in. 

If none of the above happens, will it be one league? I can't see the top division running with 5 teams. If so, at what level, and could we lose some more teams.

As an aside if it goes to one league, of say 16 teams, where will they get 32 rising stars from, and how many "top" riders will jump ship to Europe?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leander said:

No it won't. Wolves have publicly stated (in last weeks Star) that they won't run in a six team league next year. So the top league will need 1, probably 2, teams joining the current six.

That either means somebody moving up from the Championship (unlikely in my opinion) or Swindon and/or Oxford joining. It is by no means certain that Swindon will return next year. They took this year out to allow the stadium to be rebuilt, when in effect they could have ran as this work has only barely started. Oxford? Maybe, if they open up which league will they want to be in. 

If none of the above happens, will it be one league? I can't see the top division running with 5 teams. If so, at what level, and could we lose some more teams.

As an aside if it goes to one league, of say 16 teams, where will they get 32 rising stars from, and how many "top" riders will jump ship to Europe?

There are not many “Top” riders that could jump ship,or they would be there already.

• Like 3

On 9/27/2021 at 3:35 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Hi

This goes out to everyone who expressed a wish to save the club prior to Rob rising like a phoenix and changing his mind to stay...

There will be a meeting next Tuesday @ 19:30 hours (7:30 PM) 5th October at the South Gosforth Sports & Social Club
Laburnum Cottage, Percy Terrace, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 1RS.

This meeting will look at the appetite to set up a Trust; with supporting funds; to look at sustaining Speedway in Newcastle. There will be a full and frank discussion following on from the offers of support for the club from individual fans and businesses and to debate the merits on proposals that ensure the club does not end up in the same precarious position we have faced over the last few weeks of the season.

This will possibly be the only opportunity we have to get together and look at proposals for sustaining the sport and keeping the momentum going on the back of all the goodwill following the near closure of the club... There are no silly ideas and all proposals will be given an airing and hopefully we can bring something positive out of this get together... All are welcome and this includes any representatives of businesses who expressed an interest in the original proposal of a fan based buy out... please come along hear what is said and lets see if we can pull something positive together...

There will also be a post notifying people on Facebook and Twitter of this meeting

Look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible

Regards
John

Tonight is the night people if you want to help or make a change 

Looking forward to seeing as many people as posible

Regards
John

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards
John

If I could go... I'd love to, but I'm at work :( best of luck to all there and fingers crossed something good comes from the meeting... looking forward to hearing

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards
John

Hope it all goes well. :t:

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards
John

as per our pms please keep us updated hope you get a get good crowd gutted i carnt attend , hope something can be put together 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diamonds7 said:

as per our pms please keep us updated hope you get a get good crowd gutted i carnt attend , hope something can be put together 

a just hope folk realise that this is no 5 furlongs sprint and, is more akin to the Grand National,,, so many obstacles in front of you, but just take one at a time to get through it.

5 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

a just hope folk realise that this is no 5 furlongs sprint and, is more akin to the Grand National,,, so many obstacles in front of you, but just take one at a time to get through it.

ruffers il give you 10/1 on the quote :party:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, diamonds7 said:

ruffers il give you 10/1 on the quote :party:

Poor odds that mind,,, anyway, owt happening yet? ;)

• Haha 1

Good luck with any help anyone can offer to keep the Diamonds going beyond next season. Newcastle are my second team now, & I will be coming to Brough Park next season to support them at least a couple of times. Let's hope THJ is up for a few drinks.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, proud panther said:

Good luck with any help anyone can offer to keep the Diamonds going beyond next season. Newcastle are my second team now, & I will be coming to Brough Park next season to support them at least a couple of times. Let's hope THJ is up for a few drinks.

Some very good points made tonight at the meeting & thanks must go to John Courtney who spoke very well & to Steve Brock for getting it all together .. good evening it was 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Some very good points made tonight at the meeting & thanks must go to John Courtney who spoke very well & to Steve Brock for getting it all together .. good evening it was 

Enlighten us who could not attend what the good points raised were.

Thanks

D@H

So, what was discussed/agreed last night?  Or is it a secret?

Just spotted this:

Taken off Facebook:

Important Statement from Rob Grant:

In regards to the fan-lead meeting that took place at South Gosforth Social Club last night, club promoter Rob Grant would like to release the following statement,

"Thank you to everyone who attended the meeting at South Gosforth Club last night.

I am sorry I couldn’t attend but I have been told there were a lot of positive suggestions from the meeting.

One suggestion I must address though is that at this present time and in the future as long as I am the owner of Newcastle Diamonds Ltd, we will be racing from Brough Park. I have a very good relationship with the owners and staff of the stadium and see no reason to be looking for, or to build a new stadium.

I hope this clears the situation regarding raising funds to build elsewhere.

As always, I wish to thank everyone for their continued support of Newcastle Speedway and I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at our end of season celebration on the 12th November. "

Edited by StevePark
  • Like 1