British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

40 minutes ago, leander said:

Unless things change at the conference (which wouldn't surprise me) teams are required to have two rising stars next season, so Connor wouldn't fit at 6. Bringing Connor back now would probably make us weak points wise again unless the limit is drastically cut, and Matty becomes 2nd heat leader. A pity, as I would have like to have seen Connor return, as he will only get better. Adam rumoured to be Plymouth bound.

Plymouth is 1 of Adams favourite tracks 

49 minutes ago, leander said:

Unless things change at the conference (which wouldn't surprise me) teams are required to have two rising stars next season, so Connor wouldn't fit at 6. Bringing Connor back now would probably make us weak points wise again unless the limit is drastically cut, and Matty becomes 2nd heat leader. A pity, as I would have like to have seen Connor return, as he will only get better. Adam rumoured to be Plymouth bound.

Yes, I know... Which is why I said if we CAN fit them in, as in the new team building points allow it without it being woefully weak again. Who knows, maybe they'll scrap the rising star program or maybe they'll increase the riders who are allowed to be rising stars etc. Maybe the CL will be allowed to use rising stars adding up to 6. Archie 2* and Connor 4* it's all speculation at this point. Will be very interesting to see what happens :) Hope they don't kick the dying sport while it's down again...

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Matty, Max and James take up about 17pts, + whatever Archie is/will be. Maybe have to see what team build limit will be. :t:

Matty, Max and James take up 17.07 points (assuming these averages are final averages like I've been lead to believe they are) so say the team is built with a top 5 equalling up to 35 (which is a fair figure, if we're expecting a league similar strength to this year) then that would leave 17.93 for the final 2 riders.

Meaning the final 2 main body riders could be a certain set of twins :D ...Now I don't particularly want either of them back myself... But I would be delighted if the DID come back. I would prefer to see some new faces however.

The main piece of the puzzle that's left imo is who are we going to tempt in to be the reserve along side Archie. Kyle Bickley would be a good option, but could be prize him away from Berwick or any other team who is interested in him. Time will tell.

I would be happy to see Adam and Ben at Plymouth, think that track suits both of them perfectly and Plymouth have a brilliant little set up down there... One of my favourite clubs. Adam is one of my favourite riders also, loved watching him this year, been a pleasure.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Matty, Max and James take up 17.07 points (assuming these averages are final averages like I've been lead to believe they are) so say the team is built with a top 5 equalling up to 35 (which is a fair figure, if we're expecting a league similar strength to this year) then that would leave 17.93 for the final 2 riders.

Meaning the final 2 main body riders could be a certain set of twins :D ...Now I don't particularly want either of them back myself... But I would be delighted if the DID come back. I would prefer to see some new faces.

Don't forget about the 2.5% reduction thing, but would be nice to see the 2 brothers back together.  :t:

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

Yes, I know... Which is why I said if we CAN fit them in, as in the new team building points allow it without it being woefully weak again. Who knows, maybe they'll scrap the rising star program or maybe they'll increase the riders who are allowed to be rising stars etc. Maybe the CL will be allowed to use rising stars adding up to 6. Archie 2* and Connor 4* it's all speculation at this point. Will be very interesting to see what happens :) Hope they don't kick the dying sport while it's down again...

Meaning the final 2 main body riders could be a certain set of twins :D ...Now I don't particularly want either of them back myself... But I would be delighted if the DID come back. I would prefer to see some new faces however.

The main piece of the puzzle that's left imo is who are we going to tempt in to be the reserve along side Archie. Kyle Bickley would be a good option, but could be prize him away from Berwick or any other team who is interested in him. Time will tell.

Why in all seriousness would you not want two riders who on their day are near on unbeatable round Brough, but would want "new faces" who more than likely would not score any where near as well 

• Like 1

I would be happy to see Adam and Ben at Plymouth, think that track suits both of them perfectly and Plymouth have a brilliant little set up down there... One of my favourite clubs. Adam is one of my favourite riders also, loved watching him this year, been a pleasure.

Adam is a cracking fella & is part of a very good team along with Danny king & young & up & coming NDL rider josh Warren .. good luck to all 3 riders next season 

• Like 1

Known Adam a long time and was very disappointed to hear him consider himself “ A full time Mechanic to Danny King and a part time speedway rider”. Newcastle has never been a favourite track of his but he had some decent meetings. If it is Plymouth good luck to him. 

17 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Have to be a big PRIZE for Kyle to ride for the diamonds

40 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Have to be a big PRIZE for Kyle to ride for the diamonds

Sponsorship from McDonald’s should swing it ..

• Haha 1

Any ideas on our 2 rising stars then? Just general discussion :) Hard to think of who our senior rising star will be tbh...

21 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

That’s a lovely post and I’m glad you like our club.

• Like 1

Any ideas on our 2 rising stars then? Just general discussion :) Hard to think of who our senior rising star will be tbh...

It hasn’t been mentioned whether they’re going to implement 2 rising stars or not for 2022. It wouldn’t surprise me if it was only 1 again.

22 hours ago, andys said:

Why in all seriousness would you not want two riders who on their day are near on unbeatable round Brough, but would want "new faces" who more than likely would not score any where near as well 

Plus side is lots of points. Downside is that neither of them are especially exciting to watch. 

Some sad news I was told this evening that 1 of Newcastle speedway's track staff for many many years has sadly passed away RIP Don dorey

• Sad 5

16 hours ago, MrP said:

It hasn’t been mentioned whether they’re going to implement 2 rising stars or not for 2022. It wouldn’t surprise me if it was only 1 again.

That was the original stated intention - but I'm hearing it may be held over til 2023 due to this 'truncated' season.

• Haha 2