Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Wtf you on about, Ruff?

 

7 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Think he's on about those little superstitions folk have like from European folklore claiming that a black cat crossing one’s path by moonlight signifies death and don't walk under a ladder or you will court misfortune then the most famous one of all don't stand in front of the London to Edinburgh LNER express teatime special when it is doing 125 mile an hour...

Regards

THJ

Yeah,,, something like that, but think its bridges not necessarily trains. Think I had O D'd on cider last night and was heading off into a different dimension. :blink:

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Is this the same promoter who was involved with is before? Or is there another former peterborough promoter who has redcar ties?

Yeah the 2nd part of the paragraph

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Yeah the 2nd part of the paragraph

Then you surely mean ‘ former Peterborough promoter ‘ who watches at Redcar as he’s never had any formal connection to the Redcar club and neither has previous Newcastle promoter Phillips.

I doubt ‘ The Gedfather ‘ of Peterborough has the funds to get involved again without a major backer like he had down south and from what I’ve heard of the current Brough Park landlords he wouldn’t want to get involved with such restrictions in place, and that’s supposing the landlords actually want speedway back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Then you surely mean ‘ former Peterborough promoter ‘ who watches at Redcar as he’s never had any formal connection to the Redcar club and neither has previous Newcastle promoter Phillips.

I doubt ‘ The Gedfather ‘ of Peterborough has the funds to get involved again without a major backer like he had down south and from what I’ve heard of the current Brough Park landlords he wouldn’t want to get involved with such restrictions in place, and that’s supposing the landlords actually want speedway back.

You not fancying another go Kev?

Regards 

THJ

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

You not fancying another go Kev?

Regards 

THJ

 

55 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

You not fancying another go Kev?

Regards 

THJ

No.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

 

No.

Howay man with your enthusiasm I'm sure you could do a good job 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Howay man with your enthusiasm I'm sure you could do a good job 

There’s more chance of my hair growing back than that happening again.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2021 at 11:49 PM, Justgotmecpc said:

Well all I'm going to say before I get me head down for another 16 hour shift tomorrow.. is that the previous promotion should ( hopefully ) be brought to justice for f@@king rob grant junior over & all there hangers ons ( & yes yous know who yous are )  let's hope the VAT men take them all the way to the cleaners & hopefully a  few days months or even years in the big house is just what they deserve as they have took the p@ss  out of the supporters for years at Newcastle speedway judging by what has gone on before our new owners took it on

How has the previous promotion took the p@ss out of the supporters for years?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mamapotts said:

Totallyhonestjohn are you taking on the task of looking into supporter funded team?

If this meeting does go ahead because the forecast now doesn't look great... but if it does I am hoping to have a beer in the top bar to talk to anyone interested and maybe update a few folk on where we are at...

Regards

THJ

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

If this meeting does go ahead because the forecast now doesn't look great... but if it does I am hoping to have a beer in the top bar to talk to anyone interested and maybe update a few folk on where we are at...

Regards

THJ

Hopefully the weather gods are good to us and, we only get the track waterlogged after the walk. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

If this meeting does go ahead because the forecast now doesn't look great... but if it does I am hoping to have a beer in the top bar to talk to anyone interested and maybe update a few folk on where we are at...

Regards

THJ

Why should it be up to you to update fans? Why can’t Rob Grant take the mic on Sunday and tell everyone where we are at ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Why should it be up to you to update fans? Why can’t Rob Grant take the mic on Sunday and tell everyone where we are at ? 

This is about the fan funded club not an update in general.. Rob is leaving as he has had enough.

Edited by Gaz
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy