British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

We were talking about the fan owned club and saving the diamonds, why would Rob give an update on that?

Ok wires crossed THJ can give an update on the fan owned club … and Rob can address fans and thank them for their support in a difficult season ….. Jobs a good un 

12 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Ok wires crossed THJ can give an update on the fan owned club … and Rob can address fans and thank them for their support in a difficult season ….. Jobs a good un 

Do you not think a press release was sufficient saying he’d had enough and was not willing to run next year? He also thanked the fans.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

If this meeting does go ahead because the forecast now doesn't look great... but if it does I am hoping to have a beer in the top bar to talk to anyone interested and maybe update a few folk on where we are at...

Regards

THJ

Maybe a post or poll or something similar could be started/posted for fans who are interested in the idea who may not be able to attend the speedway meeting( Covid,work commitments) or indeed not make it upstairs. Maybe people just commenting that they’re interested?

• Like 2

On 9/15/2021 at 11:49 PM, Justgotmecpc said:

Well all I'm going to say before I get me head down for another 16 hour shift tomorrow.. is that the previous promotion should ( hopefully ) be brought to justice for f@@king rob grant junior over & all there hangers ons ( & yes yous know who yous are )  let's hope the VAT men take them all the way to the cleaners & hopefully a  few days months or even years in the big house is just what they deserve as they have took the p@ss  out of the supporters for years at Newcastle speedway judging by what has gone on before our new owners took it on

On 9/17/2021 at 5:55 PM, Diamondboy said:

How has the previous promotion took the p@ss out of the supporters for years?

Still waiting for an answer. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Still waiting for an answer. 

When I get somewhere I get a decent signal I will send you a PM or come and see me tomorrow and I can give you the full rundown

Also if Mr Likeapost @Tsunami wants to pop along I can appraise him of the situation as well...

Regards

THJ

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

was prepared to update like minded fans who are interested in saving the club as to where we are with coordinating a rescue package as requested by a previous poster to try and save the club which has nothing to do with Rob Grant but a tell ya what Keith poke it... you do it and while ya on get ya little pal English back because he done a great job didn't he...

Well said THJ.

13 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

When I get somewhere I get a decent signal I will send you a PM or come and see me tomorrow and I can give you the full rundown

Also if Mr Likeapost @Tsunami wants to pop along I can appraise him of the situation as well...

Regards

THJ

But… George English nicest man in speedway isn’t he? Highly respected etc etc :unsure:

I hope he and his cronies are ashamed of the state they left the club in putting its future in doubt! 

Edited by Gaz
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards

THJ

This is all getting very personal and maybe the font of all knowledge should write an in depth, no holds barred synopsis of the wicked wrongs committed by the previous promotion. It would only carry any form of credence  of course if it is was signed by the individual concerned in their own name rather than the insidious invitations to come and hear it in person as it really was.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

But… George English nicest man in speedway isn’t he? Highly respected etc etc :unsure:

I hope he and his cronies are ashamed of the state they left the club in putting its future in doubt! 

Shocking how he ran the place

• Like 1

If only people knew how Mr Newcastle speedway ( George ) ran it & never mind the VAT carry on & also his co promotion team .. I think fans would think hang on here what's been going on .. & Rob had to find out the hard way after some of the MOTHS came out the Newcastle speedway closet... So shame on the previous promotion for letting Rob grant to sort all your s@@te out.. it's a pure disgrace & I hope yous get what it coming to yous 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

If only people knew how Mr Newcastle speedway ( George ) ran it & never mind the VAT carry on & also his co promotion team .. I think fans would think hang on here what's been going on .. & Rob had to find out the hard way after some of the MOTHS came out the Newcastle speedway closet... So shame on the previous promotion for letting Rob grant to sort all your s@@te out.. it's a pure disgrace & I hope yous get what it coming to yous 

Too many hangers on/free loaders they know who they are. Still loyal to English always kissing his backside. 

I would Name a few but I wouldn't lower myself to be honest. 

Edited by Rotfs
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Rotfs said:

Too many hangers on/free loaders they know they are loyal to English I would

Name a few but I wouldn't lower myself .

And as much as the attendances have been low this season, not having freeloaders getting in has been one of the positives.

• Like 2

IT is with great sadness that British Speedway Promoters Ltd has been informed of the passing of Dave Tattum.

Dave was a loyal and long serving promoter at Stoke Potters for many years and joined Newcastle for the planned 2020 season.

A well known figure throughout the city of Stoke-on-Trent, Dave was a hard working individual who could be seen at Loomer Road working on the track and facilities around the clock.

We have been informed he passed away in the early hours of this morning following an illness which he battled with immense courage.

Our thoughts are with Dave’s family and friends at this most difficult time