British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

26 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

He said that David Tatum was one of his close friends and he was not in the right frame of mind to race

As good as any I suppose,but let’s be honest don’t think Barker and Granty are seeing eye to eye these days.Condolences to Dave Tattum’s family,he did a lot for the sport and will be sadly missed.

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

As good as any I suppose,but let’s be honest don’t think Barker and Granty are seeing eye to eye these days.Condolences to Dave Tattum’s family,he did a lot for the sport and will be sadly missed.

I think that will be put to one side, following the sad news.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cookiefan said:

He said that David Tatum was one of his close friends and he was not in the right frame of mind to race

mmm....

Hopefully today's sadness will be replaced by optimism and excitement in the coming months as a bright new era - for Newcastle and the sport generally - is born. My thoughts today with the black and white faithful.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

The previous promotion may have entertained us all for years... But let's not forget that their backhanded 'dodgy' way of running the club's finances for all them years is one of the main reasons that today is the final meeting ever for Newcastle Diamonds... Among other things yes I know

The club would have folded if Rob Grant had not come along, fact. The fans having the ‘p@ss’ taken out of them, no. Had the new promotion taken over as a ‘new’ company then we would not be where we are now. Who is to blame? Lies, bad advice and maybe a bit of gullibility come into play, however I will say Rob got shafted. 

What I don’t do is hear gossip and believe it as gospel, that’s why I want to know why the supporters have had “the p@ss” taken out of them, they have hot.

On 9/18/2021 at 1:14 PM, KEITH M said:

Why does asking Rob Grant to update the fans seen as a negative response … It was a genuine question .. Why can’t he address the fans after all the few who have paid to watch this season have managed to keep Newcastle going to the end of the season …. As for programme ( match day magazine) it is not just me who has said it is not as good as other seasons .. As for money I would hate to think how much I have put into Newcastle speedway over 42 years and other clubs with all my away trips over the years …. Your allowed an opinion so why can’t I ? And it shows how much you know me as I don’t drink coffee so why would I complain !!

Ya right I don't know you and you definitely don't do sarcasm or dry witt do you ... however because of your 42 years of attendance do you have that much arrogance to think that this gives you a right to continually put out negative posts... try a few positive ones for a change and see where that gets you... nice coffee... milk and brown sugar in abundance.... nice...

An opinion is a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge... What I share is fact based as I talk to the promotion two or three times a week... they are fact based comments on agreed content that the promotion are happy to share and I try and stay away from opinions... did your mother never tell you to keep your opinions to yourself and especially negative ones and It takes some ego to think that because you pay to get in as a punter you get to say how the sport or the club is run... the previous shower never extended that courtesy thats for sure...  50,000 go to SJP to watch that rubbish and Mike Ashley doesn't take one happers worth of notice of what the fans say and neither did Johnny English VAT fiddler for that matter...

What you have in Rob Grant is someone who listens to the fans... now he may not be able to successfully deliver on what they would like always however he will give you a response as to why he has taken the action he has... I have an opinion which is this I don't think you like this promotion... now I could be wrong but I do get this feeling at times with what you post...

On 9/18/2021 at 1:46 PM, KEITH M said:

Ok wires crossed THJ can give an update on the fan owned club … and Rob can address fans and thank them for their support in a difficult season ….. Jobs a good un 

Are you suggesting I have my wires crossed when responding to another posters request... I would suggest it is your issue jumping in with both feet without reading previous posts and your fundamental dislike for this promotion that is skewing not only your vision but your reasoning as well... When Johnny English bailed out there were two people in the running to take the club over... That was Rob Grant and me... no one else and I was happy to stand aside when I found out it was Rob because I knew with his Business of Event Management and Catering and the connections he had at Brough Park and within ARC racing he was by far the best person for the Job... I have been happy to hand over not only my entrance money but additional cash in the form of sponsorship... It's been a hard season but we have had bad years in the past and this guy has got us through it....

18 hours ago, Aceslider said:

This is all getting very personal and maybe the font of all knowledge should write an in depth, no holds barred synopsis of the wicked wrongs committed by the previous promotion. It would only carry any form of credence  of course if it is was signed by the individual concerned in their own name rather than the insidious invitations to come and hear it in person as it really was.

When the opinions are strongly formed; negative:; directly attack; castigate and deride the club the promotion the man then the defence gets stronger and more vigourous.... a carrot gets a more positive response than a stick.... the failings of the last promotion have been well documented and many have expressed their feelings on these matters but if you would like me to run through it again I would be more than happy to accommodate you with a response.... however to save everyone's sanity I am sure they would appreciate it if it was done via the messaging system... so just let me know and I will sort a PM out for you...

Regards 

John Courtney

P.S. name in full as requested as I certainly have nothing to hide...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Any positive news from trackside ??

What a genuine bloke Rob Grant is... he has just addressed the crowd... which has been a good turn out but Rob stated no one made any approaches yet and the 6 week countdown starts now to save the club

Regards 

THJ

• Like 4

I’m not loaded but I can state now that if it runs I would sponsor a heat and buy a season ticket even though I can only actually attend half of the meetings.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, diamonds7 said:

Any positive news from trackside ??

Surely you were there? Not meant disrespectfully but you are local.

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Surely you were there? Not meant disrespectfully but you are local.

hi steve couldnt make it have had a positive covid result i did expkain my situation further back today .

• Like 1

More needs to be done on Facebook etc from Newcastle Speedway page to get the message out about getting a new promoter, it might not come off at all but the defeatist attitude and every post looking as though that’s it. 
If we put out a big poster etc saying we are looking for new promoter and mention fan consortium to gather interest it might help.

A massive thank you the people who turned up tonight and haven’t ever been or haven’t been for 40-50 years… what is the point? Oh wow you got to walk the track :angry:

Edited by Gaz
  • Sad 1