British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

Delighted to see the Diamonds coming back to the tapes, but I hope Rob Grant hasn't let his heart rule his head over this decision. This should be the start of the rescue and not the end and that will need support from the Newcastle fans, either by joining and support system as they have at Edinburgh or something along the lines of what has been helping out the Berwick promotion over the last couple of seasons or by simply turning up on a regular bases.

Fantastic news :D

Rob as had a very hard start to promoting with many things going against him which were out of his control and then having to cope with the sad loss of Dave. I was at Newcastle for the Poole/Plymouth double header and just hope that the Newcastle fans come out and SUPPORT Rob and the team. 

Fans, new and old, appear when there's a rally call so I hope they have been encouraged enough to turn out on a regular basis. 

Diamonds are Forever! :t: (unlike speedway star headline a couple of weeks ago Diamonds NOT Forever.....idiots! :nono:)

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 4

Hats off to Rob Grant, what an amazing sign of loyalty to Dave Tatum. It would be brilliant now if the fans help financially, to help Rob break even, or make a profit. If anyone deserves a bit of luck, it's Rob.

• Like 7

I hope the Newcastle fans come back in droves, we can ill afford to lose another club, from a Poole Supporter 

Edited by Arthur54
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ch958 said:

Diamonds fans love a big number 1, that's the place to start.

Danny King, Craig Cook or Nicki Pedersen (to bring the old guard back) please :D

Only joking... I'd be happy with a strength in depth 1-7... just glad we back to the tapes for 2022

• Like 1

The Newcastle faithful pledged their support for rob grant last season regardless of the quality of the team, unfortunately as they say talk is cheap" and this never materialised! I think the promotion is taking a massive gamble on next season being better please don't let him down i believe he deserves to succeed. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, lewy said:

The Newcastle faithful pledged their support for rob grant last season regardless of the quality of the team, unfortunately as they say talk is cheap" and this never materialised! I think the promotion is taking a massive gamble on next season being better please don't let him down i believe he deserves to succeed. 

You are wrong... the Newcastle faithful turn out week in week out... it's the hangers on and weathered fans who let us down last season... but here for next year being successful for all clubs :drink:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

You are wrong... the Newcastle faithful turn out week in week out... it's the hangers on and weathered fans who let us down last season... but here for next year being successful for all clubs :drink:

Possibly worded wrong the faithful as you state remained faithful, but quite a fewsoon started moaning and not supporting as your results were not what they were hoping for, my team Plymouth didn't do aswell as we hoped but our crowds increased as the season went on.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

3 minutes ago, lewy said:

Possibly worded wrong the faithful as you state remained faithful, but quite a fewsoon started moaning and not supporting as your results were not what they were hoping for, my team Plymouth didn't do aswell as we hoped but our crowds increased as the season went on.

I would personally write-off last/this/2021 season,,, up against it and battling current worldwide affairs. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lewy said:

Know what you mean though, was disappointing to see the crowd numbers get smaller and smaller each week... Had the feeling the club was dying, but fortunately, that is NOT the case :D

I have a lot of respect for Plymouth and they're one of my favourite clubs... Loved the few visits I've had down there, brilliant little set up

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Know what you mean though, was disappointing to see the crowd numbers get smaller and smaller each week... Had the feeling the club was dying, but fortunately, that is NOT the case :D

I have a lot of respect for Plymouth and they're one of my favourite clubs... Loved the few visits I've had down there, brilliant little set up

Yes we have what i believe is one of the hardest working promoters in british speedway,I'm really pleased for Newcastle that you're going to be competing next season hopefully i will get to brough Park in 2022 and meet in person some of my forum mates:drink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Danny King, Craig Cook or Nicki Pedersen (to bring the old guard back) please :D

Only joking... I'd be happy with a strength in depth 1-7... just glad we back to the tapes for 2022

Super Stevie to start with

Fabulous news for all concerned at Newcastle Speedway that you will be coming to tapes in 2022. :party:

• Like 3

Hi

This goes out to everyone who expressed a wish to save the club prior to Rob rising like a phoenix and changing his mind to stay...

There will be a meeting next Tuesday @ 19:30 hours (7:30 PM) 5th October at the South Gosforth Sports & Social Club
Laburnum Cottage, Percy Terrace, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 1RS.

This meeting will look at the appetite to set up a Trust; with supporting funds; to look at sustaining Speedway in Newcastle. There will be a full and frank discussion following on from the offers of support for the club from individual fans and businesses and to debate the merits on proposals that ensure the club does not end up in the same precarious position we have faced over the last few weeks of the season.

This will possibly be the only opportunity we have to get together and look at proposals for sustaining the sport and keeping the momentum going on the back of all the goodwill following the near closure of the club... There are no silly ideas and all proposals will be given an airing and hopefully we can bring something positive out of this get together... All are welcome and this includes any representatives of businesses who expressed an interest in the original proposal of a fan based buy out... please come along hear what is said and lets see if we can pull something positive together...

There will also be a post notifying people on Facebook and Twitter of this meeting

Look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible

Regards
John

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1