Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

James, Max and Connor would cost you about 15.5 points, chuck in Archie on 1 star and you could make room for 2 and a half big hitters, depending on points limits tho.

I have a couple teams put together which I'd love to see, it's just dependent on the points limit and what the rules with the 2 rising stars are going to be next season? Be interesting to see what happens... 15.5 points isn't a lot for your 2, 3, 4... Also Archie would be a 2* on this year's rules, as he has now had CL experience, BUT that currently makes no difference to the team building limit

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

15.5 points isn't a lot for your 2, 3, 4... Also Archie would be a 2* on this year's rules, as he has now had CL experience, BUT that currently makes no difference to the team building limit

A was thinking along the lines of 1 of those 3 (Connor),,, would be reserve?,,, but depends on rules and build limits.

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A was thinking along the lines of 1 of those 3 (Connor),,, would be reserve?,,, but depends on rules and build limits.

Don't think any of them will qualify as a reserve tbh, but who knows what the rules will be next year... All 3 are over 5 point riders

17 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Don't think any of them will qualify as a reserve tbh, but who knows what the rules will be next year... All 3 are over 5 point riders

A see you had Adam down at no.7 in a previous post, his average is higher than James and Connor's. ;)

31 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Way to far ahead of yourself,we don’t even know the League structure ,never mind what League you will be in.

Edited by Fromafar

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

James, Max and Connor would cost you about 15.5 points, chuck in Archie on 1 star and you could make room for 2 and a half big hitters, depending on points limits tho.

Remember you were told last season that there would be 2 Rising Stars in teams this year going forward so you will get 4 Stars which will allow for maximum combinations of a 3 + 1 Star or a 2 + 2 Star at reserve if you max out your Star ration.. After all it would be daft to stick in two 1 Star Reserves you may as well use up your star ration to the full...

That will leave a figure to be chosen for the team building of the top 5 which due to the shortage of riders last season might be to a maximum of 35 but could be as low as 32 or even 30 for the Championship...

The NDL will change possibly to clubs 2nd teams only so I am not sure where that will leave Mildenhall and the IOW (If they come back) and anyone else who thinks they could drop down into this league and thinking of Brum and Eastie here who have done this in the past or Oxford and Bradford if they were to come back and that is purely down to rider availability...Just  personal thought that one though...

Top league will be ok with the Super 6 but I would like to see a couple more added to this for a league of 8 or even 10 but cant see it happening somehow and let them build to 45 points so they can be as strong as possible... So 5 Stars for their reserves and 40 points for the 1 to 5...

Finally I have been reading about this new Glasgow proposal that will be put forward by Michael Max amongst others which knowing Michael will be well thought out and lets face it could it be any worse than what we have at the minute with this rising star thing; looking forward to hearing more about this proposal and seeing how far it gets... lets hope its a winner.

Regards
THJ

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Way to far ahead of yourself,we don’t even know the League structure ,never mind what League you will be in.

A know that, just going along with other posters suggestions, no harm in looking down the road. :t:

Edited by ruffdiamond

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Remember you were told last season that there would be 2 Rising Stars in teams this year going forward so you will get 4 Stars which will allow for maximum combinations of a 3 + 1 Star or a 2 + 2 Star at reserve if you max out your Star ration.. After all it would be daft to stick in two 1 Star Reserves you may as well use up your star ration to the full...

Yeah, but we all know how often the wind changes direction, but a did say depending on points limits, (am sure some will know the general direction/probable outcome post agm)? :t:

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

That will leave a figure to be chosen for the team building of the top 5 which due to the shortage of riders last season might be to a maximum of 35 but could be as low as 32 or even 30 for the Championship...

The NDL will change possibly to clubs 2nd teams only so I am not sure where that will leave Mildenhall and the IOW (If they come back) and anyone else who thinks they could drop down into this league and thinking of Brum and Eastie here who have done this in the past or Oxford and Bradford if they were to come back and that is purely down to rider availability...Just  personal thought that one though...

Top league will be ok with the Super 6 but I would like to see a couple more added to this for a league of 8 or even 10 but cant see it happening somehow and let them build to 45 points so they can be as strong as possible... So 5 Stars for their reserves and 40 points for the 1 to 5...

Finally I have been reading about this new Glasgow proposal that will be put forward by Michael Max amongst others which knowing Michael will be well thought out and lets face it could it be any worse than what we have at the minute with this rising star thing; looking forward to hearing more about this proposal and seeing how far it gets... lets hope its a winner.

Regards
THJ

The promoters meet during the season so will have a good idea what is planned then it's just rubber stamped at the AGM of course things such as are Swindon, Birmingham etc. Running is last on the agenda

I think PL/CL/NL will stay for 2022 I think for 2022 not much will change, i know the PL are desperate for two to go up and want the CL weaker to force a couple up, CL are happy as is even if 2 rising stars are required next season.

For me personally i think alot has gone on in 2021 and before that to just try and get through another year in 2022 to try and get fans back regularly

For 2023 The BSPL need to then jump on what discovery are doing, have a British and National League replacing the PL and CL with the national league being weaker I.e. forcing at least one if not two of the big hitters out of the league

NL I would abolish and create the British Lions Juniour League, U16 4 rider teams on 125cc bikes have them race during the summer holidays, could possibly get 4 to 6 teams together 2nd half racing with an individual series 

Then develope an U23 league similar set up on 500cc riders aged 16-23 maybe 6 to 8 sides 4 rider teams with an individual series included 

Would then come in line with what discovery are doing with SGP4 > SGP2 

8 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

The promoters meet during the season so will have a good idea what is planned then it's just rubber stamped at the AGM of course things such as are Swindon, Birmingham etc. Running is last on the agenda

I think PL/CL/NL will stay for 2022 I think for 2022 not much will change, i know the PL are desperate for two to go up and want the CL weaker to force a couple up, CL are happy as is even if 2 rising stars are required next season.

For me personally i think alot has gone on in 2021 and before that to just try and get through another year in 2022 to try and get fans back regularly

For 2023 The BSPL need to then jump on what discovery are doing, have a British and National League replacing the PL and CL with the national league being weaker I.e. forcing at least one if not two of the big hitters out of the league

NL I would abolish and create the British Lions Juniour League, U16 4 rider teams on 125cc bikes have them race during the summer holidays, could possibly get 4 to 6 teams together 2nd half racing with an individual series 

Then develope an U23 league similar set up on 500cc riders aged 16-23 maybe 6 to 8 sides 4 rider teams with an individual series included 

Would then come in line with what discovery are doing with SGP4 > SGP2 

What about  250 class which is currently the strongest class even if it's not the biggest

• Like 1

Newcastle Speedway is thrilled to be able to announce the date of our End of Season Celebration!

FRIDAY 12TH NOVEMBER
7PM START
KINGSTON PARK STADIUM (Newcastle Falcons)

This is a TICKETED EVENT ONLY with a limited amount available, so be quick and book yours TODAY!

As we all know, we so very nearly weren't going to be making it to the tapes in 2022, so we would like to class this event not just as a closure to the 2021 season but also a celebration to look forward to another season of racing in 2022 at Newcastle!

Please join us for what promises to be a brilliant evening of food, drink, dancing and above all CELEBRATING!!

There will be no strict dress code, but please dress to impress and bring your dancing shoes with you!

Tickets can be booked via private message on Facebook or email Info@newcastle-speedway.co.uk or contact Rachel on 07393215192

A good night to be had by all as we celebrate the beginning of a new lease of life at Newcastle Speedway 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Discofever said:

Newcastle Speedway is thrilled to be able to announce the date of our End of Season Celebration!

FRIDAY 12TH NOVEMBER
7PM START
KINGSTON PARK STADIUM (Newcastle Falcons)

This is a TICKETED EVENT ONLY with a limited amount available, so be quick and book yours TODAY!

As we all know, we so very nearly weren't going to be making it to the tapes in 2022, so we would like to class this event not just as a closure to the 2021 season but also a celebration to look forward to another season of racing in 2022 at Newcastle!

Please join us for what promises to be a brilliant evening of food, drink, dancing and above all CELEBRATING!!

There will be no strict dress code, but please dress to impress and bring your dancing shoes with you!

Tickets can be booked via private message on Facebook or email Info@newcastle-speedway.co.uk or contact Rachel on 07393215192

A good night to be had by all as we celebrate the beginning of a new lease of life at Newcastle Speedway 

Tickets are £20pp and it includes disco and buffet. It’s 7pm til late 

19 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Dont forget, Connor is a Leicester asset