British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

4 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Just spotted this:

Taken off Facebook:

Important Statement from Rob Grant:

In regards to the fan-lead meeting that took place at South Gosforth Social Club last night, club promoter Rob Grant would like to release the following statement,

"Thank you to everyone who attended the meeting at South Gosforth Club last night.

I am sorry I couldn’t attend but I have been told there were a lot of positive suggestions from the meeting.

One suggestion I must address though is that at this present time and in the future as long as I am the owner of Newcastle Diamonds Ltd, we will be racing from Brough Park. I have a very good relationship with the owners and staff of the stadium and see no reason to be looking for, or to build a new stadium.

I hope this clears the situation regarding raising funds to build elsewhere.

As always, I wish to thank everyone for their continued support of Newcastle Speedway and I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at our end of season celebration on the 12th November. "

Apart from the press release he made saying he wanted to look for a new place to build the track :rofl:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Apart from the press release he made saying he wanted to look for a new place to build the track :rofl:

The stadium is hardly going to give him a lease at favourable rates if he is going to p@ss off, they will stick it up him as they have the speedway promotion by the bollocks. A 3 year lease should have been signed and then hope in the meantime land is sourced, paid for, planning passed and then built on before the lease is up. Not rocket science....

Edited by Diamondboy
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

The stadium is hardly going to give him a lease at favourable rates if he is going to p@ss off, they will stick it up him as they have the speedway promotion by the bollocks. A 3 year lease should have been signed and then hope in the meantime land is sourced, paid for, planning passed and then built on before the lease is up. Not rocket science....

It was said that Rob wanted a 3 or 5 year agreement, and was told by the Stadium owners "NO. 1 year or nothing!". Relations appear to have improved as, I believe, a two year deal for next season is on the  table.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, leander said:

It was said that Rob wanted a 3 or 5 year agreement, and was told by the Stadium owners "NO. 1 year or nothing!". Relations appear to have improved as, I believe, a two year deal for next season is on the  table.

My point still stands though, the stadium will not allow you to happily source a new venue, they will cut all ties and leave the promotion without anywhere to race.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

My point still stands though, the stadium will not allow you to happily source a new venue, they will cut all ties and leave the promotion without anywhere to race.

That's what happened at Glasgow before the Ashfield move.

Of course a miracle could happen and the stadium owners could say ‘look we don’t really want you here but if you source a new ground then we will honour you here at current rates till the new venue it is sorted’ I did giggle as I typed that.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Of course a miracle could happen and the stadium owners could say ‘look we don’t really want you here but if you source a new ground then we will honour you here at current rates till the new venue it is sorted’ I did giggle as I typed that.

or,,, something much worse could happen.

4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

or,,, something much worse could happen.

Enlighten us please.

36 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Enlighten us please.

Couldn't possibly say, it's a 'could' happen thing,,, some things can be discussed 'face to face' and not for social media. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diamondboy said:

Yes but we have always been led to believe that our time is limited at Brough and in the long term we need to look for another site. More rumours about rumours at the moment. 

• Like 2

The future of the Diamonds is looking rosey. Rumour has it that a certain gentleman is confident of selling a nearby football club to an Arab buyer and is keen to maintain a sporting interest in the area by making Granty an offer for the club that he will not be able to refuse. Can’t say too much more at this stage, but the future ‘Sports Direct Diamonds’ are likely to be awash with cash and ready to recruit Europe’s finest riders. Team manager cannot be named, but we shall refer to him as ‘Brucie’, has no experience in the sport but has blagged his way through football management for years apparently. Box ticked. His tactical approach will be to aim for 3-3s in every heat and wait for the opposition to make mistakes to gain heat advantages.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Yes but we have always been led to believe that our time is limited at Brough and in the long term we need to look for another site. More rumours about rumours at the moment. 

Which makes Rob Grants statement all the more weird.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 2:56 PM, leander said:

No it won't. Wolves have publicly stated (in last weeks Star) that they won't run in a six team league next year.

Rob Grant publicly stated in the Star (and everywhere else for that matter) that he was not running next year and he was walking away from Newcastle... So the morale of that story is don't believe everything you read in the Star... Van Straaten will be there next year six clubs or not... it is pre AGM posturing for me...

Could be wrong it has been known but I doubt any of the Super 6 will relinquish what little up front TV monies they get... 

Regards
THJ

• Like 1