British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

9 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Happy with that. :t:

Me too, he's the one rider from last season we HAD to get back...

12 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

God no

Why he did a reasonable job for the Diamonds i thought especially at Poole and Plymouth. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lewy said:

Why he did a reasonable job for the Diamonds i thought especially at Poole and Plymouth. 

More bother than he is worth  off track is the general opinion on Ben.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, lewy said:

Apart from the fact he didn't want to ride for us for most the season and his bikes broke down more than made it... but yes he did have his entertaining moments... but I'd much rather have someone like Paul Starke or Matty Wethers on a much smaller average... or Rene Bach on a similar one

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

More bother than he is worth  off track is the general opinion on Ben.

Great talent on a bike but that's about it 

13 hours ago, lewy said:

Please whatever your taking please stop, just nearly choked on my cornflakes!!! 

• Haha 1

Barker’s talent should have seen him be a top man consistently at this level at least. Best years were probably 2011/12.

Seems to be content now being a journeyman on a 7 ish point average.

Edited by Robinh88

I quite enjoyed watching barker on track last season as you never new what you would get on track and was a bit of an enigma and better equipment might of helped the cause.His off track antics did him no favours whatsoever but would I have him back it  would be a no.However I would like to see Connor Mountain back in 2022

• Like 4

9 hours ago, soupy said:

I quite enjoyed watching barker on track last season as you never new what you would get on track and was a bit of an enigma and better equipment might of helped the cause.His off track antics did him no favours whatsoever but would I have him back it  would be a no.However I would like to see Connor Mountain back in 2022

‘Better equipment’ is a term that has followed him around for years, along with quite a few others I may add. Normally those riders also have an ‘attitude’ problem as well :D

• Like 1

Any Newcastle fans wanting to support our rising star Archie Freeman he's riding for armadale next Sunday at Leicester & if I get enough interest I'll run a bus.. & don't be shy give malas tours a try all proceeds go to Newcastle speedway..