British Speedway Forum
TotallyHonestJohn

Newcastle v Redcar (Champ) 1600 Hours 25/07/21

Back to "some" normality hopefully with the restrictions being lifted and a mouth-watering clash with our nearest and dearest who will be fancying their chances of getting something out of this meeting... All being equal and baring any injuries from the Friday meeting the teams could or should be along the following lines

Newcastle; Ben Barker; Connor Mountain; Max Clegg Adam Roynon Matthew Weathers James Wright and Archie Freeman
Redcar: Charles Wright James Sarjeant Jake Allen Michael Palm Toft  Jordan Stewart R/R Anders Rowe and Jordan Jenkins

Has anyone seen the additional promotion the club have done for this meeting; I am not on social media but I believe that the club have paid for adverts to go out to interested people on Facebook and there were 37,000 targeted adverts which have gone out as of yesterday and over 1500 reposts and likes on the adverts; so lets hope it generates some interest and more fans feel the urge to attend and there will also be ads going out on Metro Radio and Jeff Brown off the BBC is running a feature on Friday night promoting the Derby between the clubs... So something else to watch out for... then of course 500 Redcar fans will be beating a path up the A19 to see the Mighty Redcar Bears strut their stuff at the newly groomed and polished Brough (no longer rough) Park with our new track curator doing the business...

Only thing is; and not wanting to put a dampener on things; looking at the weather all this nice stuff is being forecast to break down over the weekend and reverting back the the usual Summer fare we are accustom to; lets hope it holds out and we gat a full house and a competitive meeting with some quality racing...

I suppose if it does rain it will keep the dust down... silver lining and all that...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling,

If it bloody rains it had better not but I have invested n a new brolly just hope we get the meeting on all riders and I mean all riders have a safe meeting 

Now the fans get behind rob and the lads and give them the support they all deserve.

No back bitting and bitchin just good old fashioned support. And a win for the lads

Terraces full as can now pay on the gate again 

Edited by lady s 2
  • Like 2

Leave your brolly at home the good weather is set to hold out at least till Monday so we should be good to go...

Haven't heard about Matty after his off at Redcar so will we get a guest or will it be R/R with Roynon coming through unscathed...

Regards 

THJ

Well even our guests get injured ,, hope the lad is ok , 

I can’t see Redcar getting anything at Newcastle , where are we going to get 3 guests who ride Newcastle well even with the refurbished track, 

28 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Well even our guests get injured ,, hope the lad is ok , 

I can’t see Redcar getting anything at Newcastle , where are we going to get 3 guests who ride Newcastle well even with the refurbished track, 

Ashley Morris and Alfie Bowtell, both ex-Diamonds and can go well round BP and Dan Thompson scored 10+1 for Leicester a few weeks ago, so not bad picks by any stretch of the imagination.

34 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Ashley Morris and Alfie Bowtell, both ex-Diamonds and can go well round BP and Dan Thompson scored 10+1 for Leicester a few weeks ago, so not bad picks by any stretch of the imagination.

What about guest for matty W .or will it be r r.

speedy recovery matty .fingers crossed it’s just dislocated and not broken.

13 minutes ago, bigred said:

Echo those thoughts hope all injured riders from Friday a speedy recovery, only 2 guests I can see who would do a job Summers or Jorgensen, personally I'd go for Summers.

Kyle Howarth guests for Matty Wethers 

1 hour ago, bigred said:

Kyle Howarth as guest.

Taken off Newcastle Speedway Facebook page:

We have a quick update for everyone regarding Matty Wethers after his heavy fall last night at Redcar.

Matty sustained a a dislocated shoulder, which was put back into place last night, but has also unfortunately fractured his humerus.

He is still in James Cook Hospital, where his wife is on her way to join him. We obviously all wish Matty a speedy recovery and send our best wishes out to him.

For tomorrows home Derby fixture we have enlisted the guest services of Leicester's Kyle Howarth, who scored a very impressive 12 points earlier in the season at Newcastle with his Leicester squad. We obviously hope that he can go out there tomorrow with a repeat performance!

Tickets are still available for tomorrow to purchase online through the try booking link www.trybooking.co.uk/BDTC

OR

VIA THE TURNSTILES TOMORROW AFTERNOON!

35 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Echo those thoughts hope all injured riders from Friday a speedy recovery, only 2 guests I can see who would do a job Summers or Jorgensen, personally I'd go for Summers.

I wouldn't have touched Summers with a barge pole.

56 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I wouldn't have touched Summers with a barge pole.

Speaks highly of u too steve!

Well Howarth is twice the rider that Matt Wethers is , if it is Morris & Bowtell then I will save my petrol money