Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
TotallyHonestJohn

Newcastle v Redcar (Champ) 1600 Hours 25/07/21

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Speaks highly of u too steve!

Just a personal opinion, nothing against Aaron as a person, just don't think that he would be a good choice of guest, that's all.

1 hour ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Well Howarth is twice the rider that Matt Wethers is , if it is Morris & Bowtell then I will save my petrol money 

Who would you have got in? Baring in mind both Morris and Bowtell have ridden for Newcastle, and Morris hit form at Birmingham on Wednesday.

• Like 1

Not much to choose between Wethers and Howarth around Newcastle and it’s hard finding guests who have low enough averages and ride well around Brough so I’m ok with the guests chosen.

Still fancy it will be a home win, not confident our heat leaders enjoy riding the track.

1 minute ago, Yearbyred said:

Not much to choose between Wethers and Howarth around Newcastle and it’s hard finding guests who have low enough averages and ride well around Brough so I’m ok with the guests chosen.

Still fancy it will be a home win, not confident our heat leaders enjoy riding the track.

From photos it seems to be riding slick so I imagine Tofty may enjoy it more. Jake loves a bit of a trick track that he can lockup on. And Wrighty just gets on with it regardless.

If Morris can ride like Wednesday, Thompson like his visit there the other week it could make for an interesting meeting!

8 hours ago, StevePark said:

I wouldn't have touched Summers with a barge pole.

Bit harsh on Summers, granted he hasn't started this season great but he normally rides our place pretty well. If the opportunity ever arose for us to sign him i'd snap him up straight away.

• Like 1

If I was looking to get a refund for tickets bought for the postponed Plymouth match and the ticket agency won't reply to my emails, who would you suggest I contact? Suggestions please Newcastle fans.

Can someone clear this up please? Dan Thompon down as a guest at reseve for Redcar tonight. according to the Leicester thread, his average on the latest sheets is 6.05, the question is, when does this take effect? if it's today, then he can't ride at reserve.

8 minutes ago, erniew said:

Can someone clear this up please? Dan Thompon down as a guest at reseve for Redcar tonight. according to the Leicester thread, his average on the latest sheets is 6.05, the question is, when does this take effect? if it's today, then he can't ride at reserve.

Says effective 28/07

It also says effective 7 days after last qualifying meeting which was 18/7 so which is correct?

19 hours ago, StevePark said:

Just a personal opinion, nothing against Aaron as a person, just don't think that he would be a good choice of guest, that's all.

He has not been riding well this season, rumours he's of to Oz after this season, wish the Diamonds and Granty all the best hope you get a full house.I do miss Grantys "chuck wagon " at Berwick.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, erniew said:

It also says effective 7 days after last qualifying meeting which was 18/7 so which is correct?

The green sheet average is the only thing you can go by.

• Like 1

10.2.1 A Premiership or Championship Assessed League rider will establish an MA after 4 home and 4 away fixtures. Becoming effective 7 days after the last
qualifying meeting.

Thompson's average is therefore most definitely 6.05 today - typo on greensheets notwithstanding)

However I think Thompson remains a 2* Rising star and can therefore guest for Jenkins under:

012.4 Facilities – page 113
D) Absent 6 th rider by MA – Guest.
D1) Absent Rising Star – Same star rider or lower.

6 minutes ago, arnieg said:

10.2.1 A Premiership or Championship Assessed League rider will establish an MA after 4 home and 4 away fixtures. Becoming effective 7 days after the last
qualifying meeting.

Thompson's average is therefore most definitely 6.05 today - typo on greensheets notwithstanding)

However I think Thompson remains a 2* Rising star and can therefore guest for Jenkins under:

012.4 Facilities – page 113
D) Absent 6 th rider by MA – Guest.
D1) Absent Rising Star – Same star rider or lower.

4  laps turn left end of straight what could be simpler

So, to continue the discussion, as Thompson is no longer a reserve, does his rising star rating take precedence over his average?

1 minute ago, erniew said:

So, to continue the discussion, as Thompson is no longer a reserve, does his rising star rating take precedence over his average?

I think he remains on the rising star list until it is revised.

Note: this is an opinion based on the impression I have gained, I am not in the least bit certain that this is indeed the case. I refer you to geoff100's comment