British Speedway Forum
TotallyHonestJohn

Newcastle v Redcar (Champ) 1600 Hours 25/07/21

So in  reality the only issue is why is the operative date for Dan Thompson's new average 28/7 on the latest greensheet issue when I think there is universal agreement it should be from 25 July?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, arnieg said:

So in  reality the only issue is why is the operative date for Dan Thompson's new average 28/7 on the latest greensheet issue when I think there is universal agreement it should be from 25 July?

Agreed!

Interestingly he moves into the team away at Poole but not for Plymouth the night before...

On 7/24/2021 at 4:46 PM, Yearbyred said:

Not much to choose between Wethers and Howarth around Newcastle and it’s hard finding guests who have low enough averages and ride well around Brough so I’m ok with the guests chosen.

Still fancy it will be a home win, not confident our heat leaders enjoy riding the track.

Well I was right about Howarth, the Bears guests did rather well (26 paid 34 so thanks lads) and the Bears heat leaders scored well. 

Good 4 points.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Geordies arguing on their own thread ?

whatever next !

Poole fans arguing on a Poole thread? Ipswich fans arguing on a Ipswich thread? Berwick fans arguing on a Berwick thread? Etc etc, what is your point!

Edited by Diamondboy
Added Berwick.

7 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Poole fans arguing on a Poole thread? Ipswich fans arguing on a Ipswich thread? Etc etc, what is your point!

You should try Berwick.:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, screm said:

You should try Berwick.:rolleyes:

I shall edit my post. :D

No complaints best team won. Much sharper out the starts. Diamonds riders apparently not happy with the track.

7 minutes ago, MrP said:

No complaints best team won. Much sharper out the starts. Diamonds riders apparently not happy with the track.

Track looked smooth, but you’ve done away with some of your home advantage some what by taking out the bumps. Took a while but some decent races towards the end. Expected more fight from the home team , Howarth being the star man by a long margin.

Bears guests were worth every penny, excelling them selves and added to good scores from the three Bears then it was an easy win.

Couldn't get near the famous food as the cues were way too long but that was the smallest crowd I’ve seen for a Redcar derby match. Hope it improves as don’t want to lose our ‘nearest and dearest’.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MrP said:

Why what was the problem with the track?

5 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Didn’t look much wrong to me but someone came into the bar afterwards and said they said the track was S***e

2 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Nothing at all, a little dusty but to be expected but perhaps the home riders wanted it done differently?.  The riders were given the ‘ hair dryer ‘ treatment by the management perhaps that was the only excuse they could come up with ? Expected more from J.Wright and Roynon but if you fall off on the parade lap then expect issues !