British Speedway Forum
TotallyHonestJohn

Newcastle v Redcar (Champ) 1600 Hours 25/07/21

3 minutes ago, soupy said:

So we can use Dan on Sunday for  example instead of Archie who hurt his fingers in the workshop a few days earlier.

Well, that's what am asking,,, providing Archie has a doctor's note, or letter off his mum, and providing Leon Flint doesn't hurt his fingers and Berwick get in first? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Surely the track curator should prepare the track how the home team wants it not how he wants to do it…..

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2021 at 12:54 PM, ruffdiamond said:

On the latest GSA's, issued today, Dan Thompson's new average is effective from 25/7,,, oops has someone dropped a clanger? ;)

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2021 at 1:22 PM, Marshall07 said:

Good job it didn't affect any of his meetings!

23 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Rising star, doesn’t matter for guesting

23 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Dan isn't the Rising Star in the Leicester team is he? thought that was Joe?

Has someone dropped a clanger?

Regards
THJ

22 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

He’s a rising star, doesn’t matter if he’s selected as one for a team or not, he’s a 1*, for what it’s worth, same as Sheffield using Bickley as a guest for Bates as rising star, Bickley isn’t anyones rising star, but on the list 

22 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Nuts...

People wonder why I don't like this "Scheme" its Nuts absolutely Nuts... cheers for clearing that one up...

Regards
THJ

012.3.1. Rising Star Regulations to be inserted on page 112
Rising Star riders can only compete in 2 leagues at any one time.

So can someone tell me how he was allowed to guest in the Premiership as he is in the Leicester Cubs & Lions teams in 2 different leagues ( and everyone knows you can only be in one place at a certain time)?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

012.3.1. Rising Star Regulations to be inserted on page 112

So can someone tell me how he was allowed to guest in the Premiership as he is in the Leicester Cubs & Lions teams in 2 different leagues ( and everyone knows you can only be in one place at a certain time)?

Riding in only two leagues (NDL & CL) does not include guesting for a 3rd (PL) team.

48 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

012.3.1. Rising Star Regulations – to be inserted on page 112

Because you can guest in more than one league in more than one country at more than one time so Sweden Denmark Germany France and Austria... Czech Republic; Croatia Finland Slovakia and Slovenia all okay and Poland any other day except a Sunday or if there is an "R" in the month which means you can only guest in one of the three British leagues... Simple really IS.. Honestly I do wish you would keep up with this "Curry Star" Rating System its the best thing since sliced bread...

Oh and mines a Madras I cant do the really hot stuff... no fun when you are eating a Phaal that's cold; drinking cold beer; and your mouth is still on fire eating a cold curry how does that work... tried it once and didn't like it... which is what they should do with this system...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling,

16 hours ago, bigred said:

Surely the track curator should prepare the track how the home team wants it not how he wants to do it…..

Rider's where asked what they wanted and Graham was told to rip the inside up comeing of bends which was done but did not suit all Rider's. But you got think Graham only had a few hours to do it. But I do know in two weeks Terry and Graham will be working together so hopefully will get it sorted 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Oh and mines a Madras I cant do the really hot stuff... no fun when you are eating a Phaal that's cold; drinking cold beer; and your mouth is still on fire eating a cold curry how does that work... tried it once and didn't like it... which is what they should do with this system...

Regards
THJ

It is odd, but sometimes chilies are hotter when they're cold and cooler when they're hot, (it might have something to do with your body's temperature and the sensation it feels)? :t:

Tip, try drinking a cup of tea with or after your curry and, a couple of after eights, (slices not boxes). A think cold drinks aggravate the hot chillies and they go mental, honest.  ;)

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

It is odd, but sometimes chilies are hotter when they're cold and cooler when they're hot, (it might have something to do with your body's temperature and the sensation it feels)? :t:

Tip, try drinking a cup of tea with or after your curry and, a couple of after eights, (slices not boxes). A think cold drinks aggravate the hot chillies and they go mental, honest.  ;)

Howay man Ruff how am a gonna drink a cup of tea with 15 pints plus on board there is barely room for the curry... in fact am sure that's why most of it ends up down the front of me shirt... Some times I only know I have had the curry by looking at me shirt (the carpet; the table top; the dog;) the next morning to see what I have had...

A black lab looks pretty cool with a red stripe across his heed from the red tikka sauce or an orange stripe if a get the masala... but trying to get it out the soft furnishings well that is a bit of a do for sure... many a patched work shirt went into the charity bag... in fact you can spend 20 quid on cleaning stuff like vanish and wash the life oot the shirt but if you put it in the charity bag they wash it and you can buy it back for 2 quid... saves a fortune...

Regards
THJ 

25 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Howay man Ruff how am a gonna drink a cup of tea with 15 pints plus on board there is barely room for the curry... in fact am sure that's why most of it ends up down the front of me shirt... Some times I only know I have had the curry by looking at me shirt (the carpet; the table top; the dog;) the next morning to see what I have had...

A black lab looks pretty cool with a red stripe across his heed from the red tikka sauce or an orange stripe if a get the masala... but trying to get it out the soft furnishings well that is a bit of a do for sure... many a patched work shirt went into the charity bag... in fact you can spend 20 quid on cleaning stuff like vanish and wash the life oot the shirt but if you put it in the charity bag they wash it and you can buy it back for 2 quid... saves a fortune...

Regards
THJ 

Aha!!!,,, now a know why you wear those shirts at the speedway, it's to hide ya dinner medals. ;)

As for the rest, am sure many of us have been in that place before, but jokes aside,,, me brother told is a story about a guy that had getting a phal and went home smashed to bits hammered, woke up the next day to find his dog dead, it had had the curry. Got no reason to disbelieve him, Mala might be able to  confirm it as a know they know the some of the same guys? :(

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

Wow poor Mutley... a can believe it... 

We went to the The Koh-i-noor Restraurant in town and they did the hottest curry on the planet (allegedly) and if you ate it you got a certificate and I'm not sure they even do it now but a pal of mine said he was going for it... so they bring out this plate full of molten lava and my mate Mick starts weighing in... he's about 8 shovel fulls in and the little waiter guy says ok you have ate enough you have got your certificate and a free meal what would you like... he says I like this boy and I'm eating it... so the waiter grabs the plate and Mick has the other side and is shovelling as much of this stuff down his neck as he can... even the chefs came out the back to watch because what usually happened was people would have one mouthful and give up so my mate is three quarters of the way through this meal before they wrestle it off him... anyway he's doing his nut saying he wanted to eat it and they came out with what looked like a washing up bowl full of ice cream and said here eat that... Mick said why and the waiter said pal we are used to the stuff and even we don't eat it that hot and if you don't eat that there is a chance you will burn the lining off you stomach and end up in hospital...

The guy was a legend... I put my finger in it to taste it and it wasn't hot to the touch but it nearly burnt the end of my finger off and I wasn't brave enough to stick my tongue on it and out of 6 of us only one other guy did have a lick off the back of a spoon and he lost his sense of taste for about 3 days he reckoned his tongue was numb for days after....

Should put it in some of our riders tanks instead of methanol... might speed them up a bit...

Regards 

THJ

6 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Wow poor Mutley... a can believe it... 

We went to the The Koh-i-noor Restraurant in town and they did the hottest curry on the planet (allegedly) and if you ate it you got a certificate and I'm not sure they even do it now but a pal of mine said he was going for it... so they bring out this plate full of molten lava and my mate Mick starts weighing in... he's about 8 shovel fulls in and the little waiter guy says ok you have ate enough you have got your certificate and a free meal what would you like... he says I like this boy and I'm eating it... so the waiter grabs the plate and Mick has the other side and is shovelling as much of this stuff down his neck as he can... even the chefs came out the back to watch because what usually happened was people would have one mouthful and give up so my mate is three quarters of the way through this meal before they wrestle it off him... anyway he's doing his nut saying he wanted to eat it and they came out with what looked like a washing up bowl full of ice cream and said here eat that... Mick said why and the waiter said pal we are used to the stuff and even we don't eat it that hot and if you don't eat that there is a chance you will burn the lining off you stomach and end up in hospital...

The guy was a legend... I put my finger in it to taste it and it wasn't hot to the touch but it nearly burnt the end of my finger off and I wasn't brave enough to stick my tongue on it and out of 6 of us only one other guy did have a lick off the back of a spoon and he lost his sense of taste for about 3 days he reckoned his tongue was numb for days after....

Should put it in some of our riders tanks instead of methanol... might speed them up a bit...

Regards 

THJ

That rings a bell,,, think it was that place and a think if you ate it, it was free,,, but the guy was so hammered he paid for it and took it away to have at home, but Mutley must've got the carton, bless. :(

• Sad 1