British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bluebee

eurosport

What an appalling site this is! Badly designed and, certainly as far as speedway is concerned, lacking in up to date information. To find out that the Sheffield match is on I had to go  outside the site for a search to find what 'British Premiership Round 8' meant - I could so easily have taken this for one of their many repeats. if it had not been mentioned on this forum that match is on then I wouldn't have known anything about it - particularly as it's not in the usual Monday slot. The BSPA were keen to inform us of their tie-in with this organisation  now they need to bend their ears to tell them to provide clear information about the sport on the website. It's certainly not doing speedway much in the way of promotion.

And if you're reading this Baldyman  don't bother to tell me to use the power of Google. It should not be necessary to delve through multiple tv listing sites  to get the required information when it should be on the host website.

Edited by bluebee
spelling
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, bluebee said:

What an appalling site this is! Badly designed and, certainly as far as speedway is concerned, lacking in up to date information. To find out that the Sheffield match is on I had to go  outside the site for a search to find what 'British Premiership Round 8' meant - I could so easily have taken this for one of their many repeats. if it had not been mentioned on this forum that match is on then I wouldn't have known anything about it - particularly as it's not in the usual Monday slot. The BSPA were keen to inform us of their tie-in with this organisation  now they need to bend their ears to tell them to provide clear information about the sport on the website. It's certainly not doing speedway much in the way of promotion.

And if you're reading this Baldyman  don't bother to tell me to use the power of Google. It should not be necessary to delve through multiple tv listing sites  to get the required information when it should be on the host website.

There's still time for them to replace it with indoor Kabaddi...:D

It's Eurosport... I really don't know what you were expecting :lol:

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, iainb said:

It's Eurosport... I really don't know what you were expecting :lol:

I was expecting to know what is on when - for the next seven days at least. Oh well, you pays yer money ... :(

So Premiership meetings are on Mondays and Thursdays and tonight's televised fixture is mentioned on the Sheffield website and its also on the Eurosport TV programme listing from 7.30pm.

53 minutes ago, bluebee said:

I was expecting to know what is on when - for the next seven days at least. Oh well, you pays yer money ... :(

You must be new to the Eurosport "experience" :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So Premiership meetings are on Mondays and Thursdays and tonight's televised fixture is mentioned on the Sheffield website and its also on the Eurosport TV programme listing from 7.30pm.

As I wrote earlier  ' British Premiership Round 8' was the text for the listing. Doesn't mention Sheffield. Would a live football match be listed as match eight? It's sloppy. And is it clear what's on this coming Monday? Do I have to look at all club websites to find out?  Looking at the speedway section there's no mention of tonight's match even. It doesn't do speedway any favours.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bluebee said:

Would a live football match be listed as match eight? 

With Eurosport? Probably yes.

What you must understand is that they are a Mickey Mouse outfit... always have been, always will be

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, bluebee said:

As I wrote earlier  ' British Premiership Round 8' was the text for the listing. Doesn't mention Sheffield. Would a live football match be listed as match eight? It's sloppy. And is it clear what's on this coming Monday? Do I have to look at all club websites to find out?  Looking at the speedway section there's no mention of tonight's match even. It doesn't do speedway any favours.

I noticed that. I use Eurosport player and Eurosport 2 wasn't listed and neither was the match shown on the menu - which was all olympics. I found it by searching "speedway".

Eurosport has always been a bit amateurish. Speedway actually does pretty well out of them in that they are actually doing their own broadcast. Normally they just stick on a feed of something.

This was always a downgrade from BT Sport.

• Like 1

only playing at it no speedway now until august 16 poor coverage at least we got abi stephens to brighten up the coverage :t:

Edited by ray c

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

I noticed that. I use Eurosport player and Eurosport 2 wasn't listed and neither was the match shown on the menu - which was all olympics. I found it by searching "speedway".

Eurosport has always been a bit amateurish. Speedway actually does pretty well out of them in that they are actually doing their own broadcast. Normally they just stick on a feed of something.

This was always a downgrade from BT Sport.

Eurosport player is currently split in to two   It defaults to the red/black themed Olympic Player, in the menu you need to toggle it to 'other sports' and you will back to the normal Eurosport Player

55 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Eurosport player is currently split in to two   It defaults to the red/black themed Olympic Player, in the menu you need to toggle it to 'other sports' and you will back to the normal Eurosport Player

Ok. I'll have a look if I get to log on again. I have it on my tv and couldn't see any toggle or anything but, then again, I wasn't looking for one.

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Ok. I'll have a look if I get to log on again. I have it on my tv and couldn't see any toggle or anything but, then again, I wasn't looking for one.

It took me a few minutes to work it out, it's not obvious. 

I didn't realise until last night that if you have Discovery+ (love ghosty & murderer s#!t) Eurosport is included. 

14 hours ago, Noodles said:

It took me a few minutes to work it out, it's not obvious. 

Found it now. You need to select "other sports" to get Eurosport 1 or 2.