British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bluebee

eurosport

Let's go back to the good old days of the World Final highlights on World of Sport, the Saturday after it happened. We knew what we were getting in those days, and were happy to get what we got.

In those days, if you wanted live speedway, you got off your arse, paid your money and went to see the meetings. Consequently attendances were much higher. The current generation of "fan" wants it all, wants it now and wants it for free. They are "entitled" and have their "rights", you know, No wonder the sport is falling apart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

Let's go back to the good old days of the World Final highlights on World of Sport, the Saturday after it happened. We knew what we were getting in those days, and were happy to get what we got.

In those days, if you wanted live speedway, you got off your arse, paid your money and went to see the meetings. Consequently attendances were much higher. The current generation of "fan" wants it all, wants it now and wants it for free. They are "entitled" and have their "rights", you know, No wonder the sport is falling apart.

Seriously? You think World of Sport highlights a week after the actually meeting is better than being able to watch a live Grand Prix from Poland on a Saturday night? You can't please everyone I guess!

I want to watch it on TV AND get off my arse to go to see it live (TV is no substitute- it doesn't have that methanol smell!).  This is the age of streaming, not the age of Dickie Davis! I have two daughters who have never showed an interest in TV speedway but really enjoy the meetings they can attend.  I think a major problem is that speedway is not a weekend sport for many. many young people (like my daughters) work very long hours Monday to Friday and weekends are their going out time. Others work shifts.  The only way back for speedway is to get weekend fixtures back - but of course there are the obvious issues there.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 12:27 PM, ray c said:

only playing at it no speedway now until august 16 poor coverage at least we got abi stephens to brighten up the coverage :t:

Prefer Natalie

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/3/2021 at 9:45 AM, Grachan said:

Seriously?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Where were you when they taught irony at school?