British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Eastbourne v Scunthorpe 24/7

Massive amount of points to replace our number 1 and we go r/r!!!   All we can hope for is a rain off, pretty poor from our promotion.

Not that Pijper will be a miss at a track like Eastbourne but it's very coincidental he's 'Injured' the same night his lad is in the World 250cc final in Germany I'm sure he wasn't too injured to travel to that 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Not that Pijper will be a miss at a track like Eastbourne but it's very coincidental he's 'Injured' the same night his lad is in the World 250cc final in Germany I'm sure he wasn't too injured to travel to that 

All in the best interests of the sport !

“Many a true word spoken in jest” 

Thats what I thought when I read     the match preview by Trevor Gear       who states “ good to get back to normality” 

Yup , normal it is , R/R and a gust for both sides. . 

This week EB have the rub of the green with Scunny opting out of a decent gust for their number 1.

Met Office show fair weather for EB so 3 points in the bag tonight.

8 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Massive amount of points to replace our number 1 and we go r/r!!!   All we can hope for is a rain off, pretty poor from our promotion.

Perhaps rob wants all saturday tracks to change race day so he can have his choice of guest!

46 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

“Many a true word spoken in jest” 

Thats what I thought when I read     the match preview by Trevor Gear       who states “ good to get back to normality” 

Yup , normal it is , R/R and a gust for both sides. . 

This week EB have the rub of the green with Scunny opting out of a decent gust for their number 1.

Met Office show fair weather for EB so 3 points in the bag tonight.

That will upset you then Bob, just as negative about Eastbourne as you was about Lakeside and British speedway in general..

I do enjoy reading your posts though, if I ever need to cheer myself up I just look at your cheery persona and think my life must be great...

10 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

R/R for Adam

James Shanes in for Theo

Pretty poor to go with R/R. Surely they could’ve found someone to guest as this looked a prime opportunity for away points to capitalise on Eastbourne’s weakened team!

Rain in Brighton and moving towards the east..

To be fair not a lot of choice to replace Ellis , I think Scotty Nicholls isn’t allowed to guest due to been at Eastbourne last week I think

Think it'll still be close. Shanes rides Arlington well as a general rule. Ellis would have been the potential match winner I think as he knows the track inside out and is in great form. Newman is a big loss as has been consistent and Brennan is a big miss.

I think Scunny will struggle around the tight turns of Eastbourne, I guess McDonald will have a close inspection of  the safety fence.

Tough to get a guest as 4 northern teams riding Friday & Sunday so travel for riders would be at risk. Leicester v Poole means other potential guests unavailable. Nicholls raced there last  Sunday. I was hoping for a weather call off but even the Gods are not kind so can see a good thumping 55-35 to 60-30. As eric I has said, riders might be seeing the fence or the ground a few times with Palin struggling on a few of the tighter turning tracks, even when guesting.

15 point max for Eddie tonight, riding himself back into form..

2 hours ago, M.D said:

15 point max for Eddie tonight, riding himself back into form..

Edward was quite superb.

Good starts, strong, feisty first corners and a nice switching of positions in heat 15 with Richard Lawson to ensure Edward got the full maximum.

Nice team work between the guys which went down well all round.

Edward Kennett did Scott Nicholls from the back at Kent on Tuesday and now this.

He's back! 

• Like 1

Was he well he had not much to ride against did he really 

• Like 1