British Speedway Forum
iainb

Why Do Speedway Bikes Run on Methanol?

23 hours ago, Pieman72 said:

Why not there is the Formula Honda Grasstrack Club running 250 Honda's. What association are you talking about. When there are millions of cars burning petrol I don't think there is an environmental argument. Oh this bunker mentality no wonder speedway's in this dire position. Speedway needs change and it's beginning to happen.

Every motorsports association in the uk are not permitted to use fossil fuels. That being a brand new sport or a change of use. 

Speedway legally cannot move from methanol to petrol.

Honda Grasstrack isn't exactly new is it :rolleyes:

Could you give me the link for this stipulation as it's very important.

I'm not talking about Speedway moving to petrol but creating a class of racing that's affordable.

Honda Grasstrack provides affordable racing and spectating for people with little finance or a springboard to more professional racing it's been going years formerly Formula Bantam Racing.

8 hours ago, Pieman72 said:

Sorry I was wrong they used to be Bantams good point but I'm not talking about changing fuels. What I'm suggesting is a class of racing that is affordable using stock engines and frames. The IOW Shale Racing are using 250 methanol Jawa engines though these are still bespoke and expensive !!

https://www.dirthub.co.uk/appleton-masterclass-at-island-masters-shaletrack-opener-race-report-results/

There is a world beyond the BSPA, BSPL and the SCB.

Not 250s, regular Grasstrack 500s

I thought they were running 250's too?

Not if you read the dirthub report 

Your  right it's 125 Juniors. What do you think?

20 hours ago, Pieman72 said:

Could you give me the link for this stipulation as it's very important.

I'm not talking about Speedway moving to petrol but creating a class of racing that's affordable.

Honda Grasstrack provides affordable racing and spectating for people with little finance or a springboard to more professional racing it's been going years formerly Formula Bantam Racing.

Jeez, I ain't gonna go looking for that :lol:

100% it exists though

3 hours ago, Pieman72 said:

Your  right it's 125 Juniors. What do you think?

About what ?

On 7/28/2021 at 10:50 AM, iainb said:

Now we're talking Steamway :cheers:

fantastic  .  will mean a whole new way of warming the bike up in the pit and it looks like it does a great burnout !   not too sure about the pressure relief valve in front of the riders face  ......... brightened my day up  that has ..

• Like 1