British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Edinburgh CL 25/7/21 @3pm

1 minute ago, Endeavour said:

Well done on the amount raised for Ulrich.

How much was raised? 

25 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

Best £11.95 I've spent this year! 

Seemed a wee bit dragged out though - were Glasgow waiting for rain? 

Proper speedway Nige! 

A fantastic contest between the two local rivals.  11 drawn heats and a last heat decider and some superb entertainment in the sunshine.

Highlights for the homesters 4 me would be the performances of Sam Jensen and Connor Bailey, who kept them in the hunt all the way.  Lowlights - probably the disappointing contribution from home guest, who was certainly not the best Aussie on track today -  and one heat leader below par just now.

For the awaysters - the 9 plus 1 from Kye Thomson was key to gaining the win and very encouraging looking ahead.  However, only 3 points from 11 rides from the reserves could have been punished elsewhere and needs looking at if progress is to be maintained.  So the bragging rights head East again after a day's holiday on loan in the West.   A point dropped - but hey ho - a win's a win and it could have been different if Ulrich had been fit.  So speedy recovery to him - he is such a good guy to have in any team.

1 minute ago, JanAndersen said:

Yes R/R would have been better. 

Be interesting to see which direction Glasgow go. It’s going to have to be a rabbit out the hat or a couple of changes. 

Who knows but with Ulrich and his rolling average it’s not a true reflection on his scoring this year.

Will need to wait and see what rabbit we pull but as I say best team on the day won so no complaints well done to the Monarchs.

• Like 1

1500 and Tigers announced they were adding £1000 to it 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

No doubt we wouldn’t have won if Ulrich had been there but surprised Brown didn’t go with R/R.

if our top 3 are on it along with Kye we can put up a fight but we have a tail the length a Tigger would be proud of.

Changes afoot for Glasgow and here’s hoping in blue and gold too.

I suspect you’re right however Edinburgh were also without an ex tiger who might have scored a touch better than the 3 that R/R got. Ulrich certainly more of a miss than Greaves however. 

Just now, Gazc said:

Who knows but with Ulrich and his rolling average it’s not a true reflection on his scoring this year.

Will need to wait and see what rabbit we pull but as I say best team on the day won so no complaints well done to the Monarchs.

Any truth in rumour Ricky n Justin were maybe on the way out ?

Just now, Endeavour said:

What’s Justin’s average? Could Edinburgh squeeze him in with a bit of a reshuffle. Not convinced he’s the answer but could be an option. 

3 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Cheers - decent amount. 

And well done Tiggers for the top up. 

1 minute ago, Endeavour said:

Haven’t heard just terracing talk nothing more than that Wells has been disappointing but we need to see what transpires.

8 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Fantastic amount raised from both set of fans.

And well done to the Glasgow promotion on the £1000 donation.

Well done Edinburgh,  but speedway was the winner today,  that was a terrific meeting 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Gazc said:

Blobby usually starts the derby weekend pretty vocal.

As the weekend unfolds it’s like a death in the family and goes into mourning , really miss his over confidence.

Evening gaz my friend. :D 

still feeling vocal over here. Some performance again from the boys. The multimillionaires won’t like that. Changes coming now. 

You able to purchase the stream to rewatch? Watching it from the 4th bend was good enough but fancy watching it again.

17 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Evening gaz my friend. :D 

still feeling vocal over here. Some performance again from the boys. The multimillionaires won’t like that. Changes coming now. 

As I say no complaints about today poor choice off guest swung it your way.

Need to be changes with Ulrich unlikely to return any time soon but we’ll deserved win today.

3 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

You able to purchase the stream to rewatch? Watching it from the 4th bend was good enough but fancy watching it again.

Probably will be £25 for an EH postcode.

• Haha 1