British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Edinburgh CL 25/7/21 @3pm

5 minutes ago, Paulco said:

I'm glad I dont really get wound up anymore whether we win or lose anymore , cause if I get entertained every week like I did today , then all is well with the world 

Possibly all won't be well with the world next weekend then.If you don't get at least 60 points in each of the cup matches you are in trouble

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, alang said:

Possibly all won't be well with the world next weekend then.If you don't get at least 60 points in each of the cup matches you are in trouble

Why ? I would love it going down to a last heat decider at Shielfield . We have hit 60 against anybody this season , what makes you think we could do that next week . Thats pretty derogatory towards the Bandits 

Interesting footnote,Announcer said it was Top4 play offs,but Alan Dick corrected him saying it was Top6.Announcer conceded that Dick was the expert.So looks like Top6.

32 minutes ago, Paulco said:

I'm glad I dont really get wound up anymore whether we win or lose anymore , cause if I get entertained every week like I did today , then all is well with the world 

Spot on. 

11 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Why ? I would love it going down to a last heat decider at Shielfield . We have hit 60 against anybody this season , what makes you think we could do that next week . Thats pretty derogatory towards the Bandits 

Would be great to have a last heat decider and the same atmosphere as 2019 meeting but just can't see it with the way both teams have each been riding this season.Still,you never know

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Any truth in rumour Ricky n Justin were maybe on the way out ?

I’d say before reviewing Sedgman, who scored 7 from 4 rides, and Wells (who scored paid 8 from 4 rides) we should be having a looking at the the decision making processes of the team manager.

It’s not the first time this season that we have let potential points slip by decisions made from the pits, both before and during the meeting.

• Like 3

On a more serious note how long does after sun take to kick in or is a cold shower the answer.

www.burnttoacrisp.com

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jonimac said:

I’d say before reviewing Sedgman, who scored 7 from 4 rides, and Wells (who scored paid 8 from 4 rides) we should be having a looking at the the decision making processes of the team manager.

It’s not the first time this season that we have let potential points slip by decisions made from the pits, both before and during the meeting.

Fair point why we just didn’t go with R/R today is baffling.

• Like 1

Could Monarchs fit Sedgy or Ricky in?

cant work out what their averages are now.

Ostergaard will be a massive miss , was always going to be an absolute steal on that average on good equipment. 

Wells and Sedgmen way past their best and need replacing but there probably isnt anyone out there to replace them with . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pinny said:

Ostergaard will be a massive miss , was always going to be an absolute steal on that average on good equipment. 

Wells and Sedgmen way past their best and need replacing but there probably isnt anyone out there to replace them with . 

Rene Bach?

Great day all round - our lads have come behind to beat Real Madrid

oh and also the Weej. 

9 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

Great day all round - our lads have come behind to beat Real Madrid

oh and also the Weej. 

Liked the first part not so much the second part.

Terrific entertainment today.

Points of note from my perspective;

1. Joe Lawlors late point was vital and he worked so hard to get it.

2. Cookie looks slightly off compared to previous seasons. He fought really hard in cracking races with Worrall and Masters.

3. Not enough water on the track. It didn't seem to detract from the racing but I found it odd, given the large water truck and smaller water tractor, that the dust would be quite so bad from a spectator viewpoint.

4. My favourite moment from today was when Kye was in 3rd and Justin was about to come under him thus forcing Kye out wide. It was almost at that moment Kye realised he can ride the boards (like he does at Armadale). He passed Jye and then after that he was excellent.

5. Brilliant collection for Uli. Speedway is such a great sport but moments like what happened on Friday are brutal. He's on the mend and that's the main thing so get well soon.

6. Looked a very good crowd today. Similar to the SGP qualifier a few weeks ago. Great to see and hopefully everyone was entertained.

• Like 3

Looked a good crowd going by photo on speedway GB site. Am sure cammi knickers will talk up a defeat into a victory  :) Looks like Tigger's need a tweak or 2 if they are going to be as good as the treble winning comets :D