British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Edinburgh CL 25/7/21 @3pm

1 hour ago, Jonimac said:

I’d say before reviewing Sedgman, who scored 7 from 4 rides, and Wells (who scored paid 8 from 4 rides) we should be having a looking at the the decision making processes of the team manager.

It’s not the first time this season that we have let potential points slip by decisions made from the pits, both before and during the meeting.

Sedgmen only beat the Edinburgh reserves and Wells beat Thomson in his first heat then only the Edinburgh reserves which is masked in their scoring. Both are currently passengers with their averages not yet bottoming out. Here was us thinking we got them on bargains. Sedgmen must be the highest averaged and most experienced reserve in the league after Oor Wullie but doesnt show it. We will find out the new averages for August shortly.

28 minutes ago, Neila said:

Looked a good crowd going by photo on speedway GB site. Am sure cammi knickers will talk up a defeat into a victory  :) Looks like Tigger's need a tweak or 2 if they are going to be as good as the treble winning comets :D

Glad you like my photo 

9 minutes ago, MD said:

Sedgmen only beat the Edinburgh reserves and Wells beat Thomson in his first heat then only the Edinburgh reserves which is masked in their scoring. Both are currently passengers with their averages not yet bottoming out. Here was us thinking we got them on bargains. Sedgmen must be the highest averaged and most experienced reserve in the league after Oor Wullie but doesnt show it. We will find out the new averages for August shortly.

Any idea what has happened to Ricky? He was dipping in form his last season(s) with Edinburgh but although he's not a No.1 anymore he should, or could, be a heat leader. Terrific rider on his day so I'm surprised to see him struggling.

4 minutes ago, Prentice1874 said:

Any idea what has happened to Ricky? He was dipping in form his last season(s) with Edinburgh but although he's not a No.1 anymore he should, or could, be a heat leader. Terrific rider on his day so I'm surprised to see him struggling.

He guested for us several times in 2018 & 2019 and was immense but is a shadow of that now. Perhaps the lockdown nonsense has killed his appetite for speedway.

• Like 1

I just had to come on here to say a huge thanks to the track staff today. I feared the worst when the big yellow thing scorched down from the sky but we were saved from a dust storm by some very smart watering.

Great track action over Friday and today as local derbies should be. Respect to the boys 

3 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

I just had to come on here to say a huge thanks to the track staff today. I feared the worst when the big yellow thing scorched down from the sky but we were saved from a dust storm by some very smart watering.

Great track action over Friday and today as local derbies should be. Respect to the boys 

I was considering running behind the water bowser at one point to cool down.

But whilst there was some dust they managed to keep it down on such a warm day.

• Like 1

Depends where you were standing:D.They done a good job in the circumstances though.In Poland they certainly put more water down during breaks though.The riders rule in GB though.:rolleyes:

I was there and the track produced great racing so credit where it is due. However, there were many opportunities where water was not put on the track or not enough water was put on the track. With the facilities available, this was poor. Especially when the beautiful large water truck went round and forgot to let the water out for a lap.

There was no smart watering today. 

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Depends where you were standing:D.They done a good job in the circumstances though.In Poland they certainly put more water down during breaks though.The riders rule in GB though.:rolleyes:

I have come home from afternoon meetings like I’d retuned from picking tattles, today was a treat

27 minutes ago, snapper said:

Glad you like my photo 

It’s a cracking shot Ian commented as such on the Tigers fb page as well 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

I have come home from afternoon meetings like I’d retuned from picking tattles, today was a treat

I am just a spectator and know zilch about tracks and watering and what goes into it all. My opinion was, as I previously mentioned, the watering was very poor. Can you let me know the challenges involved with watering etc. 

2 minutes ago, Prentice1874 said:

I am just a spectator and know zilch about tracks and watering and what goes into it all. My opinion was, as I previously mentioned, the watering was very poor. Can you let me know the challenges involved with watering etc. 

On a day like today you put water on it and hope for the best.

Your welcome 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Gazc said:

On a day like today you put water on it and hope for the best.

Your welcome 

Plenty opportunities for more water today. 

Your welcome.

4 minutes ago, Prentice1874 said:

Plenty opportunities for more water today. 

Your welcome.

Seriously though it’s a fine balance between watering and overwatering and I guess it’s hard to judge that balance in that heat.

Dropping loads of water down means riders get filled in the following heat , it may be as you say less watering more frequently but it is a thankless job in extreme temperatures as we had today.

Edited by Gazc

Just now, Gazc said:

Seriously though it’s a fine balance between watering and overwatering and I guess it’s hard to judge that balance in that heat.

Dropping loads of water down means riders get filled in in the following heat , it may be as you say less watering more frequently but it is a thankless job in extreme temperatures as we had today.

Thank you. If you had read what I had queried initially you'd have realised it was a genuine question.

Now I realise you and your wee pal have no clue. If either of you work/volunteer for the Tigers then you messed up today. No big deal, it happens.

• Haha 1