British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Edinburgh CL 25/7/21 @3pm

1 minute ago, Prentice1874 said:

Thank you. If you had read what I had queried initially you'd have realised it was a genuine question.

Now I realise you and your wee pal have no clue. If either of you work/volunteer for the Tigers then you messed up today. No big deal, it happens.

My wee pal I have absolutely no idea what your on about , and no I don’t work or volunteer as track staff don’t know if my wee pal does whoever that may be.

Just posting my thoughts on track watering and now I’m a track curator.

Out of curiosity do you have any idea what should have been done to improve your spectating experience regards watering because apparently we have no clue.

Not that myself or my wee pal declared we were experts in that field.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

My wee pal I have absolutely no idea what your on about , and no I don’t work or volunteer as track staff don’t know if my wee pal does whoever that may be.

Just posting my thoughts on track watering and now I’m a track curator.

Out of curiosity do you have any idea what should have been done to improve your spectating experience regards watering because apparently we have no clue.

Not that myself or my wee pal declared we were experts in that field.

I assumed, wrongly, that you and your wee pal were involved in the track prep in some way. I'm sorry for that assumption.

I've been to Ashfield many times over the last 5 years and the dust has never been as bad as today. I suppose I have been lucky as you and your wee pal consider today to be fine. 

Just now, Prentice1874 said:

I assumed, wrongly, that you and your wee pal were involved in the track prep in some way. I'm sorry for that assumption.

I've been to Ashfield many times over the last 5 years and the dust has never been as bad as today. I suppose I have been lucky as you and your wee pal consider today to be fine. 

Think it was just a case of the intense heat , didn’t affect the entertainment value as much as it was a disappointing result it was a very enjoyable meeting.

I have on occasion seen the dust far worse than today , but track prep since the new owners have came in has been in general spot on.

Superbly entertaining and exciting meeting today. The Ashfield track providing some brilliant racing.

Cookie wasn't making any starts but had three fantastic wins from the back over Worrall, Thomson then Masters before Sam got revenge in the final heat.

If William Lawson had held position in all his heats he would have scored 8 paid 11.

Only time Monarchs were ahead was the end of heat 15.

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Think it was just a case of the intense heat , didn’t affect the entertainment value as much as it was a disappointing result it was a very enjoyable meeting.

I have on occasion seen the dust far worse than today , but track prep since the new owners have came in has been in general spot on.

No, there was a lack of watering. Everyone who was there can vouch for this. There were ample opportunities.

But it was a superb meeting and the track delivered with great riding. Maybe the best track in the UK (I like Scunthorpe and Redcar).

1 hour ago, MD said:

Sedgmen only beat the Edinburgh reserves and Wells beat Thomson in his first heat then only the Edinburgh reserves which is masked in their scoring. Both are currently passengers with their averages not yet bottoming out. Here was us thinking we got them on bargains. Sedgmen must be the highest averaged and most experienced reserve in the league after Oor Wullie but doesnt show it. We will find out the new averages for August shortly.

was puzzled why glasgow signed them in first place, neither have done what's expected last few seasons

7 minutes ago, eide67 said:

Superbly entertaining and exciting meeting today. The Ashfield track providing some brilliant racing.

Cookie wasn't making any starts but had three fantastic wins from the back over Worrall, Thomson then Masters before Sam got revenge in the final heat.

If William Lawson had held position in all his heats he would have scored 8 paid 11.

Only time Monarchs were ahead was the end of heat 15.

Poor Willie. From an epic Friday night he then gated superbly and got himself into great positions then was picked off superbly by the Tigers.

where can i see a video of this meeting ? looked like a good un .

Just now, jenga said:

where can i see a video of this meeting ? looked like a good un .

You can still buy the stream. I think its £12.95 but well worth a purchase. 

4 minutes ago, Prentice1874 said:

No, there was a lack of watering. Everyone who was there can vouch for this. There were ample opportunities.

But it was a superb meeting and the track delivered with great riding. Maybe the best track in the UK (I like Scunthorpe and Redcar).

They have put a lot off work into the track over the last few seasons, Steve Lawson was up during the winter getting the dip on the 3rd bend resolved and you can see that the riders can attack the track with confidence.

we have witnessed some fantastic racing at Ashfield this season and previously.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Prentice1874 said:

Poor Willie. From an epic Friday night he then gated superbly and got himself into great positions then was picked off superbly by the Tigers.

Poor machinery as usual as he has been told so often. For his talent he should be a heatleader.

• Like 1

Just now, Dekker said:

Poor machinery as usual as he has been told so often. For his talent he should be a heatleader.

Looked on the pace just seemed to drift too wide towards the end off his heats and losing momentum, also rode well on Friday still has talent.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dekker said:

His bike pops, in this era, are rare.

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

They have put a lot off work into the track over the last few seasons, Steve Lawson was up during the winter getting the dip on the 3rd bend resolved and you can see that the riders can attack the track with confidence.

we have witnessed some fantastic racing at Ashfield this season and previously.

Superb track without question. Provides lines inside and out and regularly produces great racing.

6 minutes ago, Dekker said:

Personally I thought today was a mix of misfortune and lack or awareness.