British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Edinburgh CL 25/7/21 @3pm

6 minutes ago, Prentice1874 said:

His bike pops, in this era, are rare.

not on about efs, just setups and lack of power

3 minutes ago, Dekker said:

not on about efs, just setups and lack of power

He doesn't ef. He got into superb positions today.

Edited by Prentice1874

and then......

7 hours ago, Dekker said:

Poor machinery as usual as he has been told so often. For his talent he should be a heatleader.

Agree,still has the talent,bikes  and setup are crap though.IMO.Popped and banged for 4 laps most races.Never learn, he has been a wasted Talent most of his career.

9 hours ago, Gr8scot said:

I have come home from afternoon meetings like I’d retuned from picking tattles, today was a treat

I was picking the tattles today.:D

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Agree,still has the talent,bikes  and setup are crap though.IMO.Popped and banged for 4 laps most races.Never learn, he has been a wasted Talent most of his career.

It’s probably what speedway needs - less speed and more overtaking.

Great when it’s not someone on your team I guess!

Maybe that’s why racing was better in the ’old days’ as riders were more inconsistent and machinery unreliable.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

That night at Berwick we all thought his bikes were not going to last 4 laps but he ended up with 5+1

14 minutes ago, Normski said:

That night at Berwick we all thought his bikes were not going to last 4 laps but he ended up with 5+1

Difference was the Glasgow riders passed him:D.

• Haha 1

Firstly well done to the Monarchs, fully deserved the win. I see that people are looking to change riders, but there are not many out there and a few teams are looking to cover for injury as well. Checking the green sheets from issue 1 until recent, 

Issue 1

Craig 9.93 with discount

Ricky 7.40

Ulrich 5.98

Justin 5.20

Broc 5.16

Sam 4.34

Current green sheets

Craig 9.40

Ricky 6.82

Ulrich 7.15

Justin 5.33

Broc 5.87

Sam 5.62

Only Craig and Ricky have dropped in average, everyone else has increased, our problem is that we cannot cover the loss of Ulrich who is riding way above his average, we need to get Ricky going, Craig will surely be back to his best fairly soon and Connor is improving all the time, We should still qualify for the play offs, no need to panic yet.

16 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Firstly well done to the Monarchs, fully deserved the win. I see that people are looking to change riders, but there are not many out there and a few teams are looking to cover for injury as well. Checking the green sheets from issue 1 until recent, 

Issue 1

Craig 9.93 with discount

Ricky 7.40

Ulrich 5.98

Justin 5.20

Broc 5.16

Sam 4.34

Current green sheets

Craig 9.40

Ricky 6.82

Ulrich 7.15

Justin 5.33

Broc 5.87

Sam 5.62

Only Craig and Ricky have dropped in average, everyone else has increased, our problem is that we cannot cover the loss of Ulrich who is riding way above his average, we need to get Ricky going, Craig will surely be back to his best fairly soon and Connor is improving all the time, We should still qualify for the play offs, no need to panic yet.

If Ulrich had not significantly improve his average it would have been a different story as yesterday showed ,averages don’t lie but they are  not the real story ,it’s winning the important races and heats that matter again as yesterday showed.

Edited by Fromafar

56 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Issue 1

Craig 9.93 with discount

Ricky 7.40

Ulrich 5.98

Justin 5.20

Broc 5.16

Sam 4.34

Current green sheets

Craig 9.40

Ricky 6.82

Ulrich 7.15

Justin 5.33

Broc 5.87

Sam 5.62

Also to consider taking Ulrich out off the team and we are Vulnerable.

Yes we will most likely qualify for the play offs but with the team as it is now would have little chance of winning them , hence why changes need to be made.

can really only make like for like team changes so going to be hard to find someone to cover for ulrich his ave will go up to just under 8 after next set of ave so can’t see anything happening till then but pretty sure they will be working on it now 

Edited by mac101

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Also to consider taking Ulrich out off the team and we are Vulnerable.

Yes we will most likely qualify for the play offs but with the team as it is now would have little chance of winning them , hence why changes need to be made.

Think promotion built this team looking for every rider to improve average. Ricky’s last season was indifferent at Monarchs, hampered by a niggling shoulder problem. Glasgow were expecting him to be rider he was in 2018. Justin to a lesser extent.

Monarchs have 3 reserve standard riders in team and Nathan is stuck at number 2. If William sorted out his equipment that would help.

2 hours ago, Cookiefan said:

Only Craig and Ricky have dropped in average

Cook must go ;)

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Prentice1874 said:

My favourite moment from today was when Kye was in 3rd and Justin was about to come under him thus forcing Kye out wide. It was almost at that moment Kye realised he can ride the boards (like he does at Armadale). He passed Jye and then after that he was excellent.

I'm not sure I agree with the highlighted part of your post.

The vast majority of Kye's good work at sunny Armadale is done on the inside. Almost all his outside dabbles have seen him either land in the fence or lose position. Even when trying to overcome Connor Bailey in heat 9 on Friday, he almost took a trip to the track shop before finishing last.

Heat 12 on Friday was his first real successful venture round the boards and long may that continue :)