British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Edinburgh CL 25/7/21 @3pm

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Can't disagree with any of that.

What would you have said if we went with r/r and Jensen  was injured in his first ride  except for Cook the other  4 could only beat their  6 and 7 Do you no how many riders were asked guest.  Who picked the guest

Edited by MANSE

33 minutes ago, MANSE said:

What would you have said if we went with r/r and Jensen  was injured in his first ride  except for Cook the other  4 could only beat their  6 and 7 Do you no how many riders were asked guest.  Who picked the guest

It is all conjecture what if this happened or that happened my own personal opinion is R/R was the better option ,you have your opinion which is your prerogative. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MANSE said:

If the scenario you described had happened on Sunday only Sedgmen & Bailey could have taken Jensen's rides under irr and you will still have Etheridge there!

Under r/r only,  you could rejig to have r/r @ no2,  with Nicol/Wells/Jensen occupying 3 - 5, this would mean Cook appearing in ht  8 and barring a disaster a guaranteed 3 pts.

BTW if Jensen had also been crocked, the reserves could still cover under irr.

Re who picked the guest, do you know and would your team manager not have been consulted in such a decision?

Edited by cyclone

19 hours ago, cyclone said:

TBH your Team Manager (aka "Calamity Clown" :P) lost you this match.

Instead of trusting messrs Cook, Jensen, Nicol & Wells to cover Ostergaard's programmed rides, in comes a highly dubious choice of guest which spectacularly backfires!

Hard to imagine Stewart Dickson would have made such a blunder in a derby match when he was at the helm:unsure:

Most of us were scratching our heads at that decision . No harm to Etheridge,  but he hasn't scored well round Ashfield in the past , and hadn't had a great start to the season at Berwick either.  

But we move on now and hopefully we get Ostergaard back as soon as humanly possible . We'll probably have to go down the guest road for this weekend , but at least we have a bit more time to get the choice right 

Ulrich's new average from 1/8 is 7.96 so you'll have up to that (8.36 at home) to use for a guest. Makes the likes of Danny King, Steve Worrall or Adam Ellis available to use for any August matches.

1 hour ago, eide67 said:

Ulrich's new average from 1/8 is 7.96 so you'll have up to that (8.36 at home) to use for a guest. Makes the likes of Danny King, Steve Worrall or Adam Ellis available to use for any August matches.

Would make sense to utilise those riders throughout August if they’re available giving UO as much chance as possible to make a comeback. 

On 7/26/2021 at 1:07 PM, King Jamie said:

I'm not sure I agree with the highlighted part of your post.

The vast majority of Kye's good work at sunny Armadale is done on the inside. Almost all his outside dabbles have seen him either land in the fence or lose position. Even when trying to overcome Connor Bailey in heat 9 on Friday, he almost took a trip to the track shop before finishing last.

Heat 12 on Friday was his first real successful venture round the boards and long may that continue :)

Hey KJ. I maybe didn't word my point well. Kye doesn't seem to hold the line well at Armadale so far (apart from his superb ride v Charles Wright) and I'd like to see him hit the inside line more especially at the 1st and 2nd bend. But when he is behind he, in my opinion, rides the boards and it hasn't worked often at home. However with such a great track at Ashfield he looked very comfortable once he took the outside lines and. Loving his progression so far.

On 7/26/2021 at 12:25 AM, Dekker said:

and then......

And then let's take this to a more public forum and let you explain the costs of all speedway necessities along with William's own bills. 

10 hours ago, Prentice1874 said:

And then let's take this to a more public forum and let you explain the costs of all speedway necessities along with William's own bills. 

If that’s the case why did he come back to the sport.?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

If that’s the case why did he come back to the sport.?

Can you respond to what I posted rather than something completely random.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Prentice1874 said:

Can you respond to what I posted rather than something completely random.

Whatever you say.:blink:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Whatever you say.:blink:

Can you discuss what I posted? It's just a little up the page if you scroll you'll find it.

4 minutes ago, Prentice1874 said:

Can you discuss what I posted? It's just a little up the page if you scroll you'll find it.

Looked back your Posts,unfortunately can’t figure out what your going on about,so I will just leave it there.Apologies:blink:

• Haha 1

Just now, Fromafar said:

Looked back your Posts,unfortunately can’t figure out what your going on about,so I will just leave it there.Apologies:blink:

No surprise, cheers.