British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kent v Poole 27/7/21 6.30pm

After our great win at Leicester the Pirate ship moves on to Sittingbourne on Tuesday for our first ever visit to Kent. 

Really I have to say it would be disappointing if we didn’t pick up 3 points here. Scott Nicholls is going to be tough to beat but surely we have a team capable of beating the home side?

Might make a day of it and visit the Sheppey Leysdown Riviera. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Poole look favourites on paper,,but the kings have young Dan Gilks in  outstanding form,,,and Paul Hurry,s form picking up after a poor start to the season,,With Scott Nicholls leading from the front and good back up from Paul Starke  and Ben Morley,..  And hopefully we will have another top class guest at no 5 ?? .  The Pirates will need to be fireing on all cylinders ..What ever the result ,i am confident there will be some exciting racing,,as has been the case in recent meetings ....

Poole will be firing on all cylinders after the Leicester win.

Can only see a Poole win...something like 40-50?

Pity Kent don`t have a new heat leader in place and will Heeps be back (too soon?).

I wonder who Poole's 2 guests will be - and whether they will contribute as they did at Leicester?

I don't think Poole's averages change for this one as they haven't done 4 home/4 away yet.

Edited by Skidder1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I wonder who Poole's 2 guests will be - and whether they will contribute as they did at Leicester?

I don't think Poole's averages change for this one as they haven't done 4 home/4 away yet.

New rider might be a good idea

Poole website reports their guests will be Jack Thomas at 2 and James Wright at 6.

Does anyone know who is riding at no 5 for Kent,,????? i hope it is a top class guest

9 minutes ago, waco said:

Does anyone know who is riding at no 5 for Kent,,????? i hope it is a top class guest

According to OS....Heeps may or may not be ready....and new signing may or may not be ready!!!!

Late decision by sound of it?

21 hours ago, sugarray said:

New rider might be a good idea

Can you conjure one up with the right average and necessary permissions plus a guarantee that their Government won't move the goalposts (sic), then please send your suggestions to the Poole Speedway Office.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Can you conjure one up with the right average and necessary permissions plus a guarantee that their Government won't move the goalposts (sic), then please send your suggestions to the Poole Speedway Office.

Sounds simple enough ;)

7 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

According to OS....Heeps may or may not be ready....and new signing may or may not be ready!!!!

Late decision by sound of it?

Don't teams have to declare their 1-7s 48 hours before the upcoming fixture?

58 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Don't teams have to declare their 1-7s 48 hours before the upcoming fixture?

It's been as late as 48 seconds in the past

Still no news on the Kent lineup. Seems a bit strange.

There’s some rain about today. Fingers crossed it misses. 

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Still no news on the Kent lineup. Seems a bit strange.

There’s some rain about today. Fingers crossed it misses. 

Heeps is back for Kent.