British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kent v Poole 27/7/21 6.30pm

Excellent. Heading down to sample the delights of Gravesend before the speedway.

Met Office forecast doesn’t look too promising .....heavy rain 1500-1600 ☹️.  Hope they are wrong . 

Kent will be up against it  with a rider short and no satisfactory cover for R/R. Heeps  needs to score some points and prove his fitness......

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Met Office forecast doesn’t look too promising .....heavy rain 1500-1600 ☹️.  Hope they are wrong . 

Kent will be up against it  with a rider short and no satisfactory cover for R/R. Heeps  needs to score some points and prove his fitness......

Seems to be a threat of rain every Tuesday. Unbelievable really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Weather  :unsure: and still weak Kent team keeping me away.

Wonder when new signing is going to be announced ??

Hope Heeps has not come back too quick!....we know what Speedway riders are like.

58 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Seems to be a threat of rain every Tuesday. Unbelievable really.

Genuinely can't believe Kents luck with the weather switching to Tuesdays was a worse decision than Kings Lynn signing Lewis Bridger. 

I wasn't expecting Heeps back but perhaps he is trying to make a point and not get replaced? I can't see any new mooted top level rider being added to the side without a double change?

Can not see Heeps getting the sort of points a good guest would have got,,so a Kent win is very unlikely ..Having said that i hope he will prove me wrong .If not i think we should be looking to sign a new heat leader,,,You can not be successfull in this league without three heat leaders....

Good crowd coming in. Lovely evening. 

On 7/25/2021 at 11:16 AM, waco said:

Poole look favourites on paper,,but the kings have young Dan Gilks in  outstanding form,,,and Paul Hurry,s form picking up after a poor start to the season,,With Scott Nicholls leading from the front and good back up from Paul Starke  and Ben Morley,..  And hopefully we will have another top class guest at no 5 ?? .  The Pirates will need to be fireing on all cylinders ..What ever the result ,i am confident there will be some exciting racing,,as has been the case in recent meetings ....

Paul hurry should hurry up and pack up 

Kent letting an unfit rider ride as second heatleader is a bad move

Absolutely cracking meeting with passes in every heat.  Super setup. Good crowd and all over and on our way before 8.30. 

And stand up Danny Hume. Rider of the night. 

• Like 3

Take a bow Danyon Hume. Brilliant tonight. 

• Like 2

And the Pirate steam train thunders on

Even with 2 poor guests  (2 points between them ) Poole win away by 14 points. 

Heeps is clearly still injured. Hurry really has had his day and if he wants to race should consider an NDL team. Morley doing as well as you can reasonably expect, and far too much pressure on young Gilkes every week .

That wooden spoon should be in the trophy cabinet at Sittingbourne very shortly.

Danyon SUPER HUME-AN 12+1(6)

At a boy Danyon, why you have been given little opportunity in the Championship is beyond me! 

C'mon the Pirates, crackin win at Central Park, up the speedway league we go! :party:

• Like 1

A great meeting at Kent, with some excellent racing. British Speedway was still alive and kicking tonight!

Edited by cityrebel
Mistake in post
  • Like 1