British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Leicester Lions 28/07/21

After the Pirates shock away  result at the home of the Lions on Saturday. Leicester will be looking for quick revenge with the return fixture at Wimborne Road on Wednesday.

Hans Anderson being a former Pirate will be a threat then add in Nick Morris and Kyle Howarth and the Lions will be up for the fight. Can't remember if Ryan Douglas has ridden at Poole before or Zane Kennedy. I don't think Dan and Joe Thompson have ridden there either.

Tough match to predict. I am sure that Poole will  not let complacency set in and will be determined to pick up 3 more precious league points.

Let the battle commence. 

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Shaleshifter said:

After the Pirates shock away  result at the home of the Lions on Saturday. Leicester will be looking for quick revenge with the return fixture at Wimborne Road on Wednesday.

Hans Anderson being a former Pirate will be a threat then add in Nick Morris and Kyle Howarth and the Lions will be up for the fight. Can't remember if Ryan Douglas has ridden at Poole before or Zane Kennedy. I don't think Dan and Joe Thompson have ridden there either.

Tough match to predict. I am sure that Poole will  not let complacency set in and will be determined to pick up 3 more precious league points.

Let the battle commence. 

Thoughts?

ryan douglas has guested for us i think you will find cant be to sure of winning this one 

When Ryan Douglas guested for us at reserve in the top league a few years ago he got double figures. Nick Morris has guested for us enough to bank in a good score. Not sure about the Thompson boys. They probably the key for Leicester.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

When Ryan Douglas guested for us at reserve in the top league a few years ago he got double figures. Nick Morris has guested for us enough to bank in a good score. Not sure about the Thompson boys. They probably the key for Leicester.

Don't forget your mate Hans :t:

• Thanks 1

James Wright to continue to guest at reserve for the Pirates for this meeting according to local paper.

1 hour ago, Dickie Head said:

James Wright to continue to guest at reserve for the Pirates for this meeting according to local paper.

Good idea! Keeps some continuity in the team. Plus he's earnt the extra bookings.

Dan Thompson will move up into the main body of the team. Zane Kennedy will drop to reserve. 

Nothing in this one, either way. 

• Like 1

Drew Kemp at 2 and James Wright at 6 for the Pirates.  (NB> Wright guests for the next 3 meetings for Poole!)

Dan Thompson at 2 and Zaine Kennedy at 6 for the Lions.

Edited by Skidder1

I’m sure the Thompson’s have ridden in a second half meeting at Poole and don’t forget Kyle Howarth is also a former Pirate :t:

• Like 1

Going to be a very tough fixture and nothing to call between the teams. Leicester lucky that they are coming when we are without Ben Cook to be honest. Could go either way. There’s a reason Leicester are favourites for the league.

• Like 1

After away wins for both teams last night, the clash is something to look forward to this evening. A few showers around but nothing like yesterday and we should be good to go tonight.

Leicester were humbled on their own patch on Saturday and will be all out for revenge tonight. Pirates can have no complacency and the way we are currently riding, I don’t believe for a second there will be any. Yes we are 2 riders down but the way I have seen us riding recently means we should cover any weaknesses.

Should be a classic. See you there!

Going along to this tonight, as staying in Devon...

Is it pay at the gate? 

Didn't go to Plymouth last night as had to book in advance and if it had been called off then rain off tickets no good when back in Manchester from this Saturday. .:D