British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Wolves v Belle Vue 26/07/2021

Teams from the Wolves web-site:-

WOLVERHAMPTON: Sam Masters, Broc Nicol, Nick Morris, Luke Becker, Rory Schlein, Ryan Douglas, Leon Flint.

BELLE VUE: Brady Kurtz, Richie Worrall, Steve Worrall, Charles Wright, Dan Bewley, Tom Brennan, Jye Etheridge.

Bonus for Wolves having Flint back. Nicol moves into the team and Douglas drops down. Does this strengthen or weaken Wolves ?

Not sure, neither of them rode particularly well against Ipswich.

Edited by Beowulf

Im looking forward to the trip down but dont have a lot of optimism for this one being honest, we are going to need the type of bounce back that we showed at Peterborough to get anything i think, is it now straightforward paying on the door? Some clubs still seem to be struggling.

2 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Im looking forward to the trip down but dont have a lot of optimism for this one being honest, we are going to need the type of bounce back that we showed at Peterborough to get anything i think, is it now straightforward paying on the door? Some clubs still seem to be struggling.

For last weeks match you had the choice of buying a ticket in advance or paying on the door, in either cash or card. I paid on the door. Same for this week. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, semion said:

Is this showing live on EuroSport ?

No - next meeting on is the British final(after the Olympics)

Edited by racers and royals

24 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

I see that the texter on Updates is BWitcher

And your point is ?

Another match the Aces have lost having led by for most of the match,

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

Didn’t know he was still alive!

You seem to be missing him.  Thats twice you`ve brought him up.

19 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Another match the Aces have lost having led by for most of the match,

Yes they seem to have a skill for it! If you get a decent lead at Wolves you really should be holding onto it. Probably won't get another.

Cracking match. Thought the Aces were very unfortunate tonight. After the rain, only Bewley (and what a joy it is to watch him ride) looked at all comfortable. Before it they appeared in command, well-drilled, team riding splendidly, careful to ensure shared heats if a home rider got away. Clearly came for the victory and probably deserved it. 
I take nothing away from Wolves who, when offered their opportunity by the weather gods, grabbed it by the throat. Good teams do that. Masters, Morris and Schlein were again full value and when Douglas and Becker turned their evening round late on, it was just about enough. But that was a real statement of intent from Belle Vue.

Edit: Good to see a healthy portion of Aces fans at the match; a cheerful bunch who added plenty of spirit to a good atmosphere. Safe journey home.

Edited by Fourentee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Midland Red said:

Had a lot to say, then nothing. Just curious as to why.

I believe he emigrated to Portugal, but I am sure he can us  put right on that if it is  incorrect. I wasn't at the match but noticed in the updates he praised Bewley, so hopefully his comments were fair.