British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Wolves v Belle Vue 26/07/2021

1 hour ago, Midland Red said:

Had a lot to say, then nothing. Just curious as to why.

Message him and ask him. I’m sure he will tell you.

Great to have people stepping forward to do the updates, we should be very grateful that people do.

And very fair in his reports too. 

• Like 2

To be honest before hand most of us would have been delighted with a point as we didn’t think would keep it within 10 but in the end it was points lost.

The rain completely changed the track which Wolves (especially Douglas) adapted to better and another home team who used a tactical sub to win. 

The racing was fantastic before the rain came, just like the Wolves track use to be years ago, an outside line and inside line that could be used for passing and no fallers!

• Like 2

Very good meeting with some good racing, far better than what people see on tv, the rain did seem to suit Wolves more than us but Douglas and Becker came to the party and who is to say they wouldnt have had it stayed dry? Our problem again was two under performing riders, i didnt expect anything from Kurtz so have not been disappointed, but Wright has been a major let down so far, nothing like the rider that won the British final and did so well at the GP in Cardiff, but a very good meeting very enjoyable and had a good chat with some Wolves fans who were top blokes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bellevueace said:

Very good meeting with some good racing, far better than what people see on tv, the rain did seem to suit Wolves more than us but Douglas and Becker came to the party and who is to say they wouldnt have had it stayed dry? Our problem again was two under performing riders, i didnt expect anything from Kurtz so have not been disappointed, but Wright has been a major let down so far, nothing like the rider that won the British final and did so well at the GP in Cardiff, but a very good meeting very enjoyable and had a good chat with some Wolves fans who were top blokes.

To not expect anything from your no1. How crazy is that? They should be leading from the front. Maybe BV should go back to the days when they had a high scoring no1?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

To not expect anything from your no1. How crazy is that? They should be leading from the front. Maybe BV should go back to the days when they had a high scoring no1?

I have to agree Lisa, you should be expecting your number one to be leading the way and showing consistency, that i expected nothing and was underwhelmed by his signing didnt bode well. Lets hope those that say Bewley going to number one will relieve the pressure on Kurtz and he can pick up are right, but really in this weak league he should be doing far far better than  this.

• Like 1

Kurtz showed a load of potential initially but lost his way badly. Dumped in Poland by Leszno and let Poole down very badly when it mattered in the playoffs two years ago. What you see now is what you get. And if he is off gate four when it matters you can forget it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Kurtz showed a load of potential initially but lost his way badly. Dumped in Poland by Leszno and let Poole down very badly when it mattered in the playoffs two years ago. What you see now is what you get. And if he is off gate four when it matters you can forget it. 

Pity this meeting wasn't on TV,then perhaps some guy's like Steve wouldn't  moan so much about Monmore being boring. Passes on both inside and outside,unlike the borefest from Sheffield we had in the last televised match.Wonder why he made no comments about that particular track.

Edited by Tommy Sweetman

Eurosport simply playing with speedway, if your going to do something, be committed to it, it would be better off on premiere sports, all speedway under one roof would be so much better. Sweden, Poland, Britain and the GPS

Had I known it wasn't on TV, I assumed it was I might have ventured to Monmore for the first time since the only Wolves riders I could bring myself to like in my entire life had his farewell.