British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Witches v Stars 29th July

6 hours ago, kelvinht said:

You could have argued king caused Riss to fall when they touch at end of straight leaving Riss with not enough room to turn. If I'd have been ref i'd have excluded king. :)

Bit 50/50 really, decision could have gone either way 

And hind sight says stars should have put a tactical out when we had the chance :(

King passed riss going over the start/finish line was clearly in front and can ride whatever line he wants, no contact riss got of the bike trying to con the ref

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

The only reason I can think of is that it would have been for Connor in heat 6 and that would have meant getting him into two heats later in the meeting. I'm definitely in the 'use it as soon as you get the chance' camp but sometimes its tricky.

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

The only reason I can think of is that it would have been for Connor in heat 6 and that would have meant getting him into two heats later in the meeting. I'm definitely in the 'use it as soon as you get the chance' camp but sometimes its tricky.

I can see both sides here.Usually I would say use it when the opportunity arises.In this instance I guess the manager see that Mountain would get a 2nd ride out of the way and also was not expecting him to get a point.If he didn't get a point Lawson would have been in the next heat for sure,obviously couldn't be in ht 6 as he was already in it.Probably only confident that Lawson could do a job on a tac sub.

Jorgensen was pacy and reeled in Cook in one race so was surprised he didn't get ht 15 but if Riss had ridden a better line he could easily have stayed third. 

10 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Fans the losers as again there was no entertainment and NOTHING to make me want to attend next week... I'd still be saying the same if £10.  

Always honestly looking for a reason to go back but my own current disinterest is backed up by this view of what was on offer! 

Eager for the GP weekend though!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Jorgensen was pacy and reeled in Cook in one race so was surprised he didn't get ht 15 but if Riss had ridden a better line he could easily have stayed third. 

Look at who Riss had beaten up until 15.... his team mates Kerr 3 times, Wells once. Witches reserves 3 times and Schlein. 

Kings Lynn manager certainly helped the Witches by using Riss in 15 and not using ts in heat 6. Heat 6 saw Schlein score his only points beating Mountain and an unfit Rowe.  

• Like 1

A pity Erik couldn't hold on to third but it is what it is, I expect there was a good reason he was chosen and not Tomas. That's now three good performances with the new TM involved, he has certainly made a difference and is getting more out of the group.

As for Shovvy's comments the leagues are now closer than ever and I think Lynn would probably be narrowly beaten away at several Championship sides but certainly not over two legs, the reserves and second strings would be the difference. The idea of one league with North and South sections isnt a bad one but that's an awful lot of extra riders to find and a lot of doubling up lost for riders who may need both leagues to carry on. 

I really don’t know why people continually bang on about one big league because it isn’t going to happen, primarily because of a lack of available riders and two the fact that quite a few clubs cannot or won’t put a competitive championship side together.

Their is still a difference between the leagues but it’s definitely getting closer.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

I can see both sides here.Usually I would say use it when the opportunity arises.In this instance I guess the manager see that Mountain would get a 2nd ride out of the way and also was not expecting him to get a point.If he didn't get a point Lawson would have been in the next heat for sure,obviously couldn't be in ht 6 as he was already in it.Probably only confident that Lawson could do a job on a tac sub.

They say hindsight is a wonderful thing.. I'm certainly  not going to to blame Alex. Watching the  result coming in on Speedway Updates, i thought we would see a sub in HT 6. But i can see your reasoning as to why Alex was maybe waiting for HT 7. And if it had come off, and we had got a 5-1 we would be singing his praises. Looking at it now i think that is probably what the plan was. Who would be a team manager eh ;)  Roll on Monday. I think we beat the Tigers.

• Like 1

Alex Brady might be the team manager on paper but Rob Lyons was doing the job last night.

Edited by Tom Thumb
Fat fingers

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

A pity Erik couldn't hold on to third but it is what it is, I expect there was a good reason he was chosen and not Tomas. That's now three good performances with the new TM involved, he has certainly made a difference and is getting more out of the group.

As for Shovvy's comments the leagues are now closer than ever and I think Lynn would probably be narrowly beaten away at several Championship sides but certainly not over two legs, the reserves and second strings would be the difference. The idea of one league with North and South sections isnt a bad one but that's an awful lot of extra riders to find and a lot of doubling up lost for riders who may need both leagues to carry on. 

It's Shovvy's way of finding an excuse for why his "big fish in a small pond" club are 2nd tier, has to come and talk to fans of proper big teams to stay relevant :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I’ll not get involved with the discussion about the relative strengths of CL teams versus PL, as I have heard it all before. Surprised Matt and Dan don’t organise an inter league challenge at Wimborne Road......oh hang  on they “dropped down” to save money.  

But amalgamation ain’t gonna work. BSPA ltd have cooked that goose with doubling up down. 

Where would all the extra riders come from? Even if watering down is accepted, there isn’t a surplus of rabbits in the NDL capable of filling reserve slots in the new SL ( Shovlar League) We already have teams full of guests R/R just to fulfil the current UK leagues  set up.

Unless of course the SL is proposing 4 man teams like they have in minnow nations speedway? 

On 7/30/2021 at 1:21 PM, Tom Thumb said:

Alex Brady might be the team manager on paper but Rob Lyons was doing the job last night.

I noticed that as they were sitting right in front of me watching the heats, Rob Lyon & Dale Alitt were both telling him what to do and when. He needs to put a learner plate on his back.