British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe vs Poole 30.07.2021

Weather forecast for tomorrow looking dodgy. Light rain most of the day. Fingers crossed it misses or blows through quickly.

Bad weather or clashing with SGP Round 3 on BT Sport?

• Sad 2

54 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

And why was the original date, July 23rd changed. Weather ok last week. Now need a third date.

the official website is saying it is now raining best to call it off early to save riders and fans travelling 

• Like 2

Gives us more time to get Ben fit 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robinh88 said:

Weather seems fine here in Lincoln.

It’s nearly flooding here in Scunthorpe they haven’t called it off because of the GP ! For goodness sake 

• Like 1

Sorry to ruin a good conspiracy theory but the M1 at Sheffield is inches deep in water; having left a wake on a hill top, a few miles away, owing to the marquee also flooding. Two mourners from Brigg turned in boots owing to conditions there this morning. Disappointed as I was looking to continue a further 100 mile round trip for this match. But rubbish happens so well done to the much maligned Mr Godfrey for an early postponement.  

Yeah Scunthorpe club acc on twitter said earlier there was heavy rain and continuing throughout the day. 

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I wish "numpty's" , like yourself, travelled to away matches themselves to see for themselves that it was not an unfounded theory & that promoters do not just think about themselves but riders, mechanics, referees, sponsors, track staff, medics & everyone else in putting on a meeting for us fans. All you had to do was check the news & weather to know there was a band of bad weather coming from the South West to the North East throughout the day & even Redcar have cancelled early as well. But by all means, you could have travelled up North to as far as Edinburgh or Glasgow to watch live speedway if you did not want a wasted journey. Will your conspiracy theory then spread onto the meetings at Eastbourne, Leicester & Berwick tomorrow night, if cancelled, because it will clash with SGP Round 4 on BT Sport. :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 2

Its quite amazing how many fish you catch when you cast the bait in a downpour!!:rolleyes:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Its quite amazing how many fish you catch when you cast the bait in a downpour!!:rolleyes:

I see. You make a daft comment and then pretend it was a wind up all along :rolleyes:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

I see. You make a daft comment and then pretend it was a wind up all along :rolleyes:

Needed to cover his travks i presume :nono: