British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Petecc

Birmingham v Plymouth

35 minutes ago, noaksey said:

How much was raised by the go fund appeal 15k?

Has it been spent?

Was supposed to be for the damages for equipment upgrades but none of that has been seen. So do wonder where it has went. 

I do feel sorry for them as seeing any club shut its doors isn’t good at all, however just seems to be the same each week of we need you to turn up in numbers as we’re skint and need your cash. Has all types of sponsorship been looked at? Promoting the club? From the outside looking in doesn’t seem like it.

9 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Are they actually doing any promoting or just threatening fans with closure? Seems to be the same story every week. At least Newcastle can be seen to really be pushing the promoting side!

You hit the nail on the head.

The Masons just turn up on a Wednesday from there base in Sussex & expect to see the stadium full without any promoting of the meeting apart to the diehards who will still turn up anyway.

5 minutes ago, Brummies_Ste said:

You hit the nail on the head.

The Masons just turn up on a Wednesday from there base in Sussex & expect to see the stadium full without any promoting of the meeting apart to the diehards who will still turn up anyway.

Agree and the comment in the statement of 'shutting the doors' is quite honestly appalling. Surely most speedway owners if they were looking to leave a club would look for someone to take it on before 'shutting the doors'. Wouldnt thj loyal fans that turn up week in week out deserve that

• Like 1

18 hours ago, heathen52 said:

Birmingham fans dont like to see a struggling team, and stay away rather than turn up to watch, I hope the rumours are unfounded but its been a struggle for them since Covid and the vandalism hasnt helped. They would have been better off dropping back down into the NL but that wasnt possible with the way the NL had been dictated to with regard points limits of 35 which was much to low for stand alone teams, but thats what the BSPL in there wisdom wanted.

Not all Birmingham fans.....then again, what fan does like to see a struggling team ?

I have been attending for 50 years and 1974 is the only year that has excited me!

But I have kept attending.

Does anyone think the same yesterday's meeting being called off was more to do to do with the statement what was put out  then the weather ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

Does anyone think the same yesterday's meeting being called off was more to do to do with the statement what was put out  then the weather ?

Agreed....although, I think the weather may have affected attendance, that's why it was pulled ?

53 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Agreed....although, I think the weather may have affected attendance, that's why it was pulled ?

Maybe but it did not rain so could have gone ahead.  But like you say was to save and not loose money again?

Edited by Trackerman48
Missed some words

51 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Maybe but it did not rain so could have gone ahead.  But like you say was to save and not loose money again?

Two away fixtures this weekend won't help the pot!

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

Well i don't know where you live but i am 3 miles from Perry Barr & there was 2 very heavy thunder storms in the afternoon, so saying there was no rain in Brum is not correct.

2 hours ago, Brummies_Ste said:

Well i don't know where you live but i am 3 miles from Perry Barr & there was 2 very heavy thunder storms in the afternoon, so saying there was no rain in Brum is not correct.

I was saying no rain at the track.