British Speedway Forum
TotallyHonestJohn

Newcastle v Berwick (Champ) 1600 Hours Sunday 01/08/21

Well that was a quite evenly matched  event however it might have been a different story if Berwick had there usual team out as Kye done okay but Theo was a bit of a let down...

Why does Jim Mac feel he needs to have an impact on a meeting... Piper lay on the track too long and could have cleared and to be fair should have been censured for it... however it should have been all 3 back in the same heat as Thomson didn't do much wrong in heat 10 when Adam went down on the rerun as far as I coukd see... even if it had ended a 5- 1 Berwick still would not have got a point however a 5 - 1 wasn't guarenteed but the 5 - 0 was a bit of a joke to be fair...

All in all very enjoyable from a home perspective and Wells was a good guest for the Diamonds and we got the right result in the end... 

Double header next week and it will be another hard shift for the Diamonds but if Max and Connor put the same graft in and James does the business at 2 maybe and possibly Adam steps up to the plate at reserve it could be interesting...

Oh and will the real Ben Barker please stand up... please stand up... please stand up...

Regards 

THJ 

It's good to see Ricky Wells back to some form, it has been frustrating watching him struggling these last few weeks

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well that was a quite evenly matched  event however it might have been a different story if Berwick had there usual team out as Kye done okay but Theo was a bit of a let down...

Why does Jim Mac feel he needs to have an impact on a meeting... Piper lay on the track too long and could have cleared and to be fair should have been censured for it... however it should have been all 3 back in the same heat as Thomson didn't do much wrong in heat 10 when Adam went down on the rerun as far as I coukd see... even if it had ended a 5- 1 Berwick still would not have got a point however a 5 - 1 wasn't guarenteed but the 5 - 0 was a bit of a joke to be fair...

All in all very enjoyable from a home perspective and Wells was a good guest for the Diamonds and we got the right result in the end... 

Double header next week and it will be another hard shift for the Diamonds but if Max and Connor put the same graft in and James does the business at 2 maybe and possibly Adam steps up to the plate at reserve it could be interesting...

Oh and will the real Ben Barker please stand up... please stand up... please stand up...

Regards 

THJ 

Was told he was excluded for moving at the start despite a warning, and not for bringing Adam down. Theo also fined £100

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ 

Think Ben is still at his unprofessional best.He is entertaining though.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MrP said:

Was told he was excluded for moving at the start despite a warning, and not for bringing Adam down. Theo also fined £100

Dont think that reason he was outed  Think it was for allegedly knocking Roynon off a joke decision at the best of times. I was on terraces and it looked as if a trainee referee was in charge.

All 3 back  was the right decision IMO but there you go!    That 5-0 turned the meeting on its head

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

Dont think that reason he was outed  Think it was for allegedly knocking Roynon off a joke decision at the best of times. I was on terraces and it looked as if a trainee referee was in charge.

All 3 back  was the right decision IMO but there you go!    That 5-0 turned the meeting on its head

Well ok if that’s what your saying but I was sitting within earshot and I heard him tell the announcer it was for moving again despite a warning (which he did do as I was speaking to his mechanic afterwards in the bar). Not too sure it turned the meeting as Berwick immediately got back within one point. Summers trailing in last in his last two rides cost Berwick.

1 hour ago, MrP said:

11 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

7 minutes ago, Binman said:

£100 fine get a grip hopefully donated to a good charity

Maybe just a bit of karma, a said straight away but no-one agreed. ;)

11 minutes ago, MrP said:

Well ok if that’s what your saying but I was sitting within earshot and I heard him tell the announcer it was for moving again despite a warning (which he did do as I was speaking to his mechanic afterwards in the bar). Not too sure it turned the meeting as Berwick immediately got back within one point. Summers trailing in last in his last two rides cost Berwick.

Berwick camp say for the crash??   White Stick and dog come to mind LOL  Easy way to check   Meeting scorecard comes up in time on Speedway GB and control Board sites  Easy access  It will show the reason on it

Edited by Catch Me If You Can
missed word

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe just a bit of karma, a said straight away but no-one agreed. ;)

I also said that’s what was going to happen as the referee asked the clerk of the course to ring him immediately…. Yes I agree the staying down looked “ Iffy” but even the innocuous looking falls can be the worst.. I think a warning would of been the correct punishment as even multi millionaire footballers try and cheat but they don’t get fined .. If Pijper was fined £100 he probably went home with less than what he came with !!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MrP said:

Fair point mate on Summers but ridiculous exclusions knock stuffing out of any team

7 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

Fair point mate on Summers but ridiculous exclusions knock stuffing out of any team

Who would want to be a referee, (is the money good?).

12 hours ago, Binman said:

£100 fine get a grip hopefully donated to a good charity

Don't all fines go to the Ben Fund?

• Like 1